Friday Lunch Alert

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bell Fatso Soames...I'm skint.

Anonymous said...

That'll give you time to organise the caption competion and send out the T shirts to all the previous lucky winners then ?

Anonymous said...

Whats the story behind this guido
http://conservativehome.blogs.com/torydiary/2007/03/embarassing_cam.html

Anonymous said...

Stay at home and have SpAd on toast.

Anonymous said...

One should drink alone if there is no one better to drink with - I always do.

Theo Spark said...

Without your brilliant wit and charm all those poor bartenders will be so dreadfully bored.

Anonymous said...

You could always buy Phil Taylor a cup of tea....

SimonW said...

Go and walk around Whitehall, Parliament Square, and if you are really desparate, Millbank with a placard saying "Guido says lets do lunch".

You might just get an offer before the police notice......

Anonymous said...

"All work & no play makes Guido a dull boy." Hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Why don't you see if that nice Ruth Turner is doing anything?

Tuscan Tony said...

A few years ago I once asked Lord Lunch, a fellow Lloyd's underwriter, out for a Friday and he refused - when I asked why, he advised that it was "amateur drinkers day" (the bars of EC3 infested with Malubu & Coke drinkers) and therefore "not for me, sir".

Subsequently took that phrase for my own if I was ever found alone and unloved at the underwriting box of a Friday.

Guido Fawkes said...

Tuscan,

Lord Lunch is correct and pre-fatherhood and marriage Guido resolutely insisted that Monday was the party night. Any girl in a nightclub on a Monday night must be a party girl.

Sadly those days are behind Guido. Getting sozzled over a long lunch on a Friday is worth clinging to, amateur or not.

Anonymous said...

Call Thea Rogers on Newsnight.

Anonymous said...

The opposition party?

They are playing Good Cop, Bad Cop

Seems like Rory Bremner for the funnies, and Guido with the knife


but where is Camerons Comrades?

Seriously, you deserve a long one after a sterling weeks work

Keep it up, Guido , and well done

Anonymous said...

Friday Piss Up?

Up here in the North, Friday, we just call it
'Taking a POETS'
i.e.

P iss
O ff
E arly,
T omorrows
S aturday

Enjoy

Anonymous said...

How about going for a brace of SpADs today Guido?
Or even better still send one of the NuLabor sheep, sorry I ment ministers, off for an early bath this Friday.
As this would give the Sundays more to write about than the exposing of the orange'uns SpAd.
In fact I bet it does not even get a mention.

Anonymous said...

Guido, as a Catholic, you must be a little 'fatalistic' ?

Surely such an unusual event [non-event?] has happened for a reason ?

Maybe the shit is going to hit the fan big time with 'loans for lordships'...

Anonymous said...

Pop around to the Smith Institute foa nice wee sherry

Anonymous said...

Things is mr Fawkes, most people have to work.
Cant you blag a free lunch off some junior hack or nubile tory A lister?
I woke up drunk and intend to stay that way for the rest of the weekend.

Anonymous said...

And to think I took the day off today.

Who knows what might have been.

Anonymous said...

Sorry was asleep