For those who don't understand the internal dynamics of Conservative politics, it would be like Neal Lawson (Compass) backing Stephen Twigg (Progress).
Phew, that didn't leave me any the wiser, and I thought I was a Conservative. Any chance of a translation? (PS I don't live in Westminster)
February 6, 2007 at 6:28 PM
Anonymous
said...
Talking about fairies' godmother, i see that Amanda pltell is quoted in the Indy as saying about serious TV news that: " I don't want to see a pretty dummy sitting there."
Well take the mirror away from in front of the telly, Manda dear!! Oh no, sorry, I missed the word 'pretty'.
February 6, 2007 at 6:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theorising Guido but I'm not yet backing anyone in the race to be London Mayor. I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles. For me the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda and I greatly admire what Nick and Policy Exchange have done in bringing the public's attention to the dangers.
February 6, 2007 at 6:43 PM
Anonymous
said...
To see what Cameron thinks of Montgomerie (and Guido!), vote for my question on WebCameron: http://www.webcameron.org.uk/blogs/2399-Which-website-do-you-feel-best-embodies-your-vision-for-the-Conservative-party
February 6, 2007 at 6:44 PM
Anonymous
said...
Sorry, the link didn't publish in full. See what Cameron thinks of Montgomery and Guido by voting for my question on WebCameron.
February 6, 2007 at 6:49 PM
Anonymous
said...
"the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda "
Aha, you have worked out that Melanie Phillips is a secret Shiite Imam, have you?
February 6, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Anonymous
said...
Tim Montgomerie said:
"For me the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda"
Come for a walk in the country where I live, Tim. It would make you feel better.
Guido, Guido, Guido. Are you trying to cause a stroke in the loonies? They are already driving themselves into a little red-faced state with the conspiracy theories they are inventing. Throw some more names into the mix and it might just cause an explosion. Too....many...secret....plots......
February 6, 2007 at 7:36 PM
Anonymous
said...
John Reid reckons that paedophiles will give up their log ons and never use multiple identities when going into chat rooms. Seems to have worked pretty well on this site as no one EVER logs on anonymously or uses more than one id...perhaps you could have a word with him. PS. Great idea of Tim's to put fighting terrorists and extremists at the top of the political agenda...really separates out the parties...because there's all those candidates out their in favour of blowing up the city!
February 6, 2007 at 7:45 PM
Anonymous
said...
Ken Livingstone is scum. London is full of scum. non-scum had there votes divided, Hence, Livingstone get's elected. Terrorist loving Kenny worked that out along time ago. Same as as his old commrades in the GLC. Basically C***s winning the votes of C***s. Simple path to electoral success in London
But Guido, surely you don't understand internal Tory politics either. You promised me you were not a Tory...
Please, make up your mind Paul. These people are your friends.
February 6, 2007 at 7:50 PM
Anonymous
said...
Simple solution No London mayor. The whole concept of a mayor for london is just another newlabour pile of shit, costs a fortune and makes things even worse.
February 6, 2007 at 8:06 PM
Anonymous
said...
no london mayor
Best and most sensible thing I have heard in months... brilliant.
February 6, 2007 at 8:15 PM
Anonymous
said...
At least with Kenny we get a Mayor and Mayoress all in one.
February 6, 2007 at 8:45 PM
Anonymous
said...
Victoria Borwick - mmm..Ding Dong...
February 6, 2007 at 8:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
Errr, might want to check the Cornerstone link Guido. Not sure if its the right one...
February 6, 2007 at 9:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
Is that Peter Hitchens pictured on your Cornerstone link?
February 6, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Anonymous
said...
I'm backing Tombstone
February 6, 2007 at 9:52 PM
Anonymous
said...
If I was a Londoner I'd vote for Rotheram on the basis that he wants to scrap the Mayor.
February 6, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
*Rotherham
February 6, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Anonymous
said...
In another part of the jungle environment and animal welfare minister Ben Doon is calling for a boycott of foie gras.
Apparently Ben prefers Vaseline.
February 6, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Anonymous
said...
Right, that's Victoria Borwick out.
February 6, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Anonymous
said...
OT, or not? http://www.ft.com/cms/s/e66cde98-b5fc-11db-9eea-0000779e2340.html
China adds new electricity generation, each year, equivalent to the UK's whole output.
February 6, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
I'm afraid it's all empty theory, m'dears. The Cons don't stand a hope in hell of winning London, unless there's an exchange of populations with Shropshire and Worcestershire.
'We'll build the Tories out of London' said Mandelson's grandad Herbert Morrison (LCC) in the early days of the post-war Attlee Govt.
And they did. Quite ruthlessly.
Walk up through e.g. North London. From north of Regent's Park onwards up to the M25, 'Sic monumentum requiris, circumspice'.
Tower blocks all around, like inverted concentration camps, with dogs n' guns n' drugs n' benefits to keep them all happy, static, and Labour-voting - the ones who can actually work out how to vote without giving their multiple identities and multiple London council flat addresses away.
The large caucus of local authority/ NHS/school/admin numpties provide the main rump for Lab. (In NW3 and N6 the useful old-money idiots in Ham & High help too. Why not vote Labour, if you inherit wealth and property, and don't need to actually earn it?)
It helps that the kids don't bother to vote, and if they do, always vote against 'fascist, racist fat-cat Tory values' i.e. for Ken. And that's just the sons and daughters of the fat-cats.
Sorry, Upper Notting Hill- you're outvoted in London. Which is why you fled to K&C to start with.
February 7, 2007 at 2:11 AM
Anonymous
said...
Quote from Alan Simpson MP in this morning's Indy 'Blair has clearly entered the David Icke phase of his political career'. Brilliant.
February 7, 2007 at 5:45 AM
Anonymous
said...
If Nick Wood is advising Victoria Borwick he needs to work pretty damm hard on: -
A/ Ensuring that she doesn't come across as some Tory woman from Kensington who weekends in the country, and;
B/ Making sure she understands what the Mayor does and what the postholder has responsibility and control over.
Its also not a good start to any campaign if you have the Standard rubbishing the report Victoria "wrote" for the Centre for Policy Studies last week, which read liked a GCSE submmission in a citizenship class. The Centre also had the cheek to charge £5.99 (I think)for a document that was 11 pages long and could have been got for free if you read the amendment to the Mayor's budget that the Tory group on the London Assembly at City Hall made that week.
Or you could go for someone who actually wants to do something radical with London and not adopt the Tory version of the status quo. I would suggest Dr Lee Rotherham as the candidates who want something different for London.
If I was a Londoner I'd vote for Rotheram on the basis that he wants to scrap the Mayor.
Sorry, I got fooled into voting for Farage last time on a similar platform, i.e. "vote ME into the Euro Parliament so that I can work to abolish it from the inside". Lee Rotherham is just doing the same in my opinion; never, ever believe politicians' early intentions - only once they have been in power for a day and already dumped their integrity into the nearest wheelie-bin.
I'm with Mr Hitchens on this - abolish the GLC/London Assemby and execute all the London Assembly members, we can even find a use for the ne'er-to-be-finished Wembley Stadium as a public crucifixion and drawing/quartering centre!
The sight of Ken the Ku*t dragging 2 steel girders from Southwark to Wembley while being pelted with refuse by everyone who has ever forgotten to pay their congestion charge for the day would bring tears to my eyes.
February 7, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said...
In another part of the jungle environment and animal welfare minister Ben Doon is calling for a boycott of foie gras.
In the photograph in that link, Ben Doon looks awfully like Hugh Grant in stern (pardon the pun) mode.
Julian,it's a beautiful image. As one who hails from Wembley, I can only say that the local community would be full square behind a mass execution of GLA members. The Blessed Margaret was so very right on Ken and the GLC.
February 7, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Anonymous
said...
Julian,
I've spent enough time over in Brussels, and writing about waste, to learn how not to go native.
Tim Montgomerie has already appeared in the comments to point out that "Guido" is not correct in the claims he makes here:
"Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theorising Guido but I'm not yet backing anyone in the race to be London Mayor. I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles."
Don't suppose "Guido" will be updating the post to accurately reflect the reality of the situation so I thought it was worth repeating.
February 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Anonymous
said...
I have to agree with Anonymous @ 8.59am about Borwick's piss poor CPS pamphlet. I am an associate member of the CPS and so receive all of their publications and never have I read such a pathetic offering from them, they should be ashamed of themselves for being (mis)used in such a blatant way.
Borwick's campaign slogan is also worth a good laugh too: "A Redhead Not Red Ken". Now that's really going to galvanise the voters isn't it.
Ah, the long grass. See any politicians while you were over there?
Hope you don't mind if I retrieve the ball to ask a question.
"Guido": "If there is one thing Tim Montgomerie wants almost as much as he wants to get rid of the current Mayor of London, it is to make sure that the next Mayor of London is not Nick Boles, the Cameroonie ultra."
Tim Montgomerie: "I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles."
We all know how much "Guido" hates waffling politicians who avoid answering straightforward questions and Mr Montgomerie appears to have flatly contradicted the central point of this post. So, just for clarity's sake, is "Guido" claiming that Tim Montgomerie is being dishonest?
Saying that, I think I might be more inclined to support the erstwhile Mr Rotherham than any of the dismal rest of them.
(His campaign manager buying me drinks has nothing whatsoever to do with my change of opinion on any of the mayoral candidates - let me make that absholutely cleaar)
I think the very last organisation I would ever consider to be an arch-tool of capitalist repression against the left is the BBC, yet this arch-cleansing tool of Richard Gere's rectum feels that the BBC is too right-wing.
Perhaps he just needs to write another 10,000 words about his hatred of Guido, Mr Dale and anything else Tory.
Julian, the Biased Beeb blog is a parody of a certain other site. There are clues if you look hard enough. (Hint, see "Not at all cherry picked examples of bias".)
44 comments:
For those who don't understand the internal dynamics of Conservative politics, it would be like Neal Lawson (Compass) backing Stephen Twigg (Progress).
Phew, that didn't leave me any the wiser, and I thought I was a Conservative. Any chance of a translation? (PS I don't live in Westminster)
Talking about fairies' godmother, i see that Amanda pltell is quoted in the Indy as saying about serious TV news that: " I don't want to see a pretty dummy sitting there."
Well take the mirror away from in front of the telly, Manda dear!! Oh no, sorry, I missed the word 'pretty'.
Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theorising Guido but I'm not yet backing anyone in the race to be London Mayor. I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles. For me the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda and I greatly admire what Nick and Policy Exchange have done in bringing the public's attention to the dangers.
To see what Cameron thinks of Montgomerie (and Guido!), vote for my question on WebCameron:
http://www.webcameron.org.uk/blogs/2399-Which-website-do-you-feel-best-embodies-your-vision-for-the-Conservative-party
Sorry, the link didn't publish in full. See what Cameron thinks of Montgomery and Guido by voting for
my question on WebCameron.
"the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda "
Aha, you have worked out that Melanie Phillips is a secret Shiite Imam, have you?
Tim Montgomerie said:
"For me the threat of Islamism should be top of the political agenda"
Come for a walk in the country where I live, Tim. It would make you feel better.
Guido, Guido, Guido. Are you trying to cause a stroke in the loonies? They are already driving themselves into a little red-faced state with the conspiracy theories they are inventing. Throw some more names into the mix and it might just cause an explosion. Too....many...secret....plots......
John Reid reckons that paedophiles will give up their log ons and never use multiple identities when going into chat rooms. Seems to have worked pretty well on this site as no one EVER logs on anonymously or uses more than one id...perhaps you could have a word with him.
PS. Great idea of Tim's to put fighting terrorists and extremists at the top of the political agenda...really separates out the parties...because there's all those candidates out their in favour of blowing up the city!
Ken Livingstone is scum. London is full of scum. non-scum had there votes divided, Hence, Livingstone get's elected. Terrorist loving Kenny worked that out along time ago. Same as as his old commrades in the GLC. Basically C***s winning the votes of C***s. Simple path to electoral success in London
But Guido, surely you don't understand internal Tory politics either. You promised me you were not a Tory...
Please, make up your mind Paul. These people are your friends.
Simple solution
No London mayor.
The whole concept of a mayor for london is just another newlabour pile of shit, costs a fortune and makes things even worse.
no london mayor
Best and most sensible thing I have heard in months... brilliant.
At least with Kenny we get a Mayor and Mayoress all in one.
Victoria Borwick - mmm..Ding Dong...
Errr, might want to check the Cornerstone link Guido. Not sure if its the right one...
Is that Peter Hitchens pictured on your Cornerstone link?
I'm backing Tombstone
If I was a Londoner I'd vote for Rotheram on the basis that he wants to scrap the Mayor.
*Rotherham
In another part of the jungle environment and animal welfare minister Ben Doon is calling for a boycott of foie gras.
Apparently Ben prefers Vaseline.
Right, that's Victoria Borwick out.
OT, or not?
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/e66cde98-b5fc-11db-9eea-0000779e2340.html
China adds new electricity generation, each year, equivalent to the UK's whole output.
I'm afraid it's all empty theory, m'dears. The Cons don't stand a hope in hell of winning London, unless there's an exchange of populations with Shropshire and Worcestershire.
'We'll build the Tories out of London' said Mandelson's grandad Herbert Morrison (LCC) in the early days of the post-war Attlee Govt.
And they did. Quite ruthlessly.
Walk up through e.g. North London. From north of Regent's Park onwards up to the M25, 'Sic monumentum requiris, circumspice'.
Tower blocks all around, like inverted concentration camps, with dogs n' guns n' drugs n' benefits to keep them all happy, static, and Labour-voting - the ones who can actually work out how to vote without giving their multiple identities and multiple London council flat addresses away.
The large caucus of local authority/ NHS/school/admin numpties provide the main rump for Lab. (In NW3 and N6 the useful old-money idiots in Ham & High help too. Why not vote Labour, if you inherit wealth and property, and don't need to actually earn it?)
It helps that the kids don't bother to vote, and if they do, always vote against 'fascist, racist fat-cat Tory values' i.e. for Ken. And that's just the sons and daughters of the fat-cats.
Sorry, Upper Notting Hill- you're outvoted in London. Which is why you fled to K&C to start with.
Quote from Alan Simpson MP in this morning's Indy 'Blair has clearly entered the David Icke phase of his political career'. Brilliant.
If Nick Wood is advising Victoria Borwick he needs to work pretty damm hard on: -
A/ Ensuring that she doesn't come across as some Tory woman from Kensington who weekends in the country, and;
B/ Making sure she understands what the Mayor does and what the postholder has responsibility and control over.
Its also not a good start to any campaign if you have the Standard rubbishing the report Victoria "wrote" for the Centre for Policy Studies last week, which read liked a GCSE submmission in a citizenship class. The Centre also had the cheek to charge £5.99 (I think)for a document that was 11 pages long and could have been got for free if you read the amendment to the Mayor's budget that the Tory group on the London Assembly at City Hall made that week.
Or you could go for someone who actually wants to do something radical with London and not adopt the Tory version of the status quo. I would suggest Dr Lee Rotherham as the candidates who want something different for London.
Guido is certainly right...Tim is no Camerloonie.
If I was a Londoner I'd vote for Rotheram on the basis that he wants to scrap the Mayor.
Sorry, I got fooled into voting for Farage last time on a similar platform, i.e. "vote ME into the Euro Parliament so that I can work to abolish it from the inside". Lee Rotherham is just doing the same in my opinion; never, ever believe politicians' early intentions - only once they have been in power for a day and already dumped their integrity into the nearest wheelie-bin.
I'm with Mr Hitchens on this - abolish the GLC/London Assemby and execute all the London Assembly members, we can even find a use for the ne'er-to-be-finished Wembley Stadium as a public crucifixion and drawing/quartering centre!
The sight of Ken the Ku*t dragging 2 steel girders from Southwark to Wembley while being pelted with refuse by everyone who has ever forgotten to pay their congestion charge for the day would bring tears to my eyes.
Anonymous said...
In another part of the jungle environment and animal welfare minister Ben Doon is calling for a boycott of foie gras.
In the photograph in that link, Ben Doon looks awfully like Hugh Grant in stern (pardon the pun) mode.
Julian,it's a beautiful image. As one who hails from Wembley, I can only say that the local community would be full square behind a mass execution of GLA members. The Blessed Margaret was so very right on Ken and the GLC.
Julian,
I've spent enough time over in Brussels, and writing about waste, to learn how not to go native.
anyone for john bird?
This post is interesting in so many ways.
Tim Montgomerie has already appeared in the comments to point out that "Guido" is not correct in the claims he makes here:
"Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theorising Guido but I'm not yet backing anyone in the race to be London Mayor. I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles."
Don't suppose "Guido" will be updating the post to accurately reflect the reality of the situation so I thought it was worth repeating.
I have to agree with Anonymous @ 8.59am about Borwick's piss poor CPS pamphlet. I am an associate member of the CPS and so receive all of their publications and never have I read such a pathetic offering from them, they should be ashamed of themselves for being (mis)used in such a blatant way.
Borwick's campaign slogan is also worth a good laugh too:
"A Redhead Not Red Ken".
Now that's really going to galvanise the voters isn't it.
"I'm not yet backing anyone in the race to be London Mayor".
We'll see who Tim backs in due course. Maybe it will be Mike Reid?
Ah, the long grass. See any politicians while you were over there?
Hope you don't mind if I retrieve the ball to ask a question.
"Guido": "If there is one thing Tim Montgomerie wants almost as much as he wants to get rid of the current Mayor of London, it is to make sure that the next Mayor of London is not Nick Boles, the Cameroonie ultra."
Tim Montgomerie: "I certainly have no plan or desire to stop Nick Boles."
We all know how much "Guido" hates waffling politicians who avoid answering straightforward questions and Mr Montgomerie appears to have flatly contradicted the central point of this post. So, just for clarity's sake, is "Guido" claiming that Tim Montgomerie is being dishonest?
Hamster, Is Guido known for stating the obvious?
Hamster, Is Guido known for stating the obvious?
Rotherham 4 Mayor. A chance for a politician to deliver on a promise to do less.
Saying that, I think I might be more inclined to support the erstwhile Mr Rotherham than any of the dismal rest of them.
(His campaign manager buying me drinks has nothing whatsoever to do with my change of opinion on any of the mayoral candidates - let me make that absholutely cleaar)
How many times do you have to try before you get accused of being obsessive and/or boring? Any chance of a reply at some point?
Anonymous at 4:56 and 4:57, I've heard that "Guido" is known for a number of things.
No. Now piss off and write a another few thousand words about me on your blog.
re the 11:56pm "curiousgerbil"
I think the very last organisation I would ever consider to be an arch-tool of capitalist repression against the left is the BBC, yet this arch-cleansing tool of Richard Gere's rectum feels that the BBC is too right-wing.
Perhaps he just needs to write another 10,000 words about his hatred of Guido, Mr Dale and anything else Tory.
Sigh.
Julian, the Biased Beeb blog is a parody of a certain other site. There are clues if you look hard enough. (Hint, see "Not at all cherry picked examples of bias".)
I'm going now though. Smear away.