Hain's Emergency

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together !!!

Anonymous said...

And it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke..

Anonymous said...

'Apparently Labour staffers are in the shit, since they are supposed to be impartial.'

Yeah, like grizzlies use Andrex..

Anonymous said...

Phil Taylor, Hain's SpAd...

One Hundred and Ayeeeteee...

Oriental Orator said...

he is a spineless twat......i just hope he blows up properly

Anonymous said...

An interesting account of hain's early career on Wikipedia

Anonymous said...

Guido if this you being nice to people ,I would hate to see what your like when your pi--ed off,
nice one

Anonymous said...

I see that Patrick Hall MP (Bedford) is part of the campaign team. I thought that poor Patrick had problems enough of his own with his local hospital facing closure and a local doctor doing a Kidderminster on him

Anonymous said...

Not entirely sure John Cummings' endorsement is going to do him much good in the North East....

Anonymous said...

Another potential screw-up for Mr Hain, is the omissions from the list of interests for MP’s secretaries and researchers. If you visit his parliamentary website, his four staff are listed as Lyn Harper (Agent), Dilys Richards and Samantha Funning and Joe Carberry in Westminster. Inspection of the list will show that Harper, Richards and Funning are NOT listed. This list also shows three other staff – including his mother. Can someone explain where he get’s the money to pay 7 members of staff??

CC said...

Also interesting to see the NLGN's head of comms' involvement - something of a setback in their attempts to paint themselves as being cross party...

Anonymous said...

It's a sad state of affairs when so much effort goes into campaigning to be the next John Prescott. Don't these wankers have anything better to do, like say; sorting out the home office?

Anonymous said...

The big news tonight is BA caving in to the T&G with an above RPI 4.6% pay rise.

Watch the other unions follow suit as we head into an out-of-control inflationary spiral and further interest rate rises as the Bank of England desperately and unsuccessfully tries to put the inflation genie back in the bottle.

What does this mean for the pound?: it's fucked, and so is the economy of the UK. Here come's a house price crash, more tax rises, rising unemployment, business failures, bankruptcies, repossessions and all the rest.

The boom's over and now we're heading for one hell of a bust.

Brown and his stooges at the Bank and the MPC have a lot to answer for.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=41400&pid=539290&st=0&#entry539290

Anonymous said...

Crikey! Ive never heard of ANY of these people other than Peter Hain.

Anonymous said...

There are some MPs that I just can't stand:
Peter Hain
Paul Boateng
Dennis MacShane
Ben Bradshaw
Sian Simons
Edward Leigh

Sadly they mostly Labour. I'm not partisan, these guys just stick out.

Still, it seems Hain will win. Thanks to Vaz, he's got all the ethnic minorities for sure. Nice to know MPs like to divide and conquer the electorate with these lame ideas.

Anonymous said...

Extraordinary. That's the end of Hain's DL campaign then. At least if this thing is genuine and correct in its particulars. That surely is the point of the leak and if the source of the leak's master or mistress is demonstrating their honed carving skills as part of a renewal agenda then they may find their stock is high. Or not.

The idea that regional officer staffers or their co-opted "delegate watchers" at conference are impartial is risible, though some are more equal than others. And all are very well motivated and very hard working souls who have the interests of the country at heart.

How this could lead them to support the rather flakey Mr Hain is a bit of a mystery. There have been moments over the past few years when it has looked like they have been introducing gremlins into Hain's way.

He has some fans certainly in Labour's centre left MPs and out in the country. His alleged Post office heist is still spoken of round here. This can involved a new word order for 'trust' 'far' 'throw' 'him' 'would' 'him' 'as' 'not' 'as' 'could' 'I' 'I'. Aye aye!

Anonymous said...

Do you really think that's the end of his campaign? That serious?

Julian said...

That's how you bring the bastards down, one corrupt politician at a time. Well done Guido!

Anonymous said...

can see now why MP's dont want all their expenses published.

Anonymous said...

another one for the Electoral Commission Guido?

Anonymous said...

and the House Standards committee, the Oversight committee and any other committee that can dump on him.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous at 11.16...

Isn't Boateng ambassador to Bongobongoland? Or does he run a string of gents' outfitters? I can never remember.

Anonymous said...

Hain was never very popular with Gordon.

Anonymous said...

Boateng is High Commissioner to South Africa. I wonder if Hain could replace him, in due course?

Anonymous said...

hain would get arrested if he went back for what he did before his family left

Anonymous said...

"Hain's SpAd,"

Signal passed at danger?

Anonymous said...

On page 6, it says "now HB entered race?". Is HB a certain Hilary Benn? If so, no wonder he'll be after Hain.

And on page 7, why can't Huw Irranca-Davies go public?

I like the way the first page lumps together "constituencies" like women or ethnic minorities.

Can Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz, a roman-catholic of ex-public school and Caius College, Cambridge really be the one to represent "ethnic minorities"?

Would you want Mr Vaz to be representing your views at all, especially as he has form when it comes to dodgy passports, extradition warrants and obstructing inquiries, as the Parliamentary Standards Watchdog found that he'd "committed serious breaches of the Code of Conduct and a contempt of the House".

Anonymous said...

anonymous 11:16 - what's wrong with Edward Leigh?

Anonymous said...

Why are researchers and special advisors paid for by us spending time on internal labour party matters?

Anonymous said...

Irranca Davies can't go public because he is a whip. What is interesting is that three of the Welsh MPs supporting Hain are all former members of Hain's Neath constituency. He doesn't seem to have the support of the brightest and the best in the PLP if this list is anything to go by. In any case with Brown as Leader the Labour party needs the balanced ticket of an English MP representing an English seat. Put your money on the young Benn I say.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 11.01pm

Only holders of Parliamentary passes need to submit to the Register of Members Secretaries Interests - constituency staff etc don't. Likewise you don't have to be a paid member of staff to get a Parliamentary pass - which is why his Mum has one probably.

But he's still a twat...

Anonymous said...

Hain pays his mother a couple of grand a year or should I say the british taxpayer pays his mother. Presumably for making his sandwiches and washing his smalls. I see the intellectual giant Nick Palmer MP is rubbishing Guido on another website, They must be in a panic.

Anonymous said...

What website would that be?

Anonymous said...

I think this
http://images.scotsman.com/2003/06/21/2106hainb.jpg> image would be rather apt for this srticle...Guido..

Steve Hilton said...

I think this list is reasonably old. I can see a couple of people who have now pretty much declared for Hain, who aren't on his list.

What is interesting is where it overlaps with Harmon's and the West Midlands list.

Well, I must say thank you Guido - for once.

Anonymous said...

This picture (and the accompanying headline) took my fancy

http://irelandsfew.blogspot.com/2007/01/northern-ireland-secretary-peter-hain.html

Anonymous said...

Never mind, he could always get a job on 'top gear'....

Anonymous said...

I am likely to be cracking up, but when I see his picture, I keep thinking of that 'Godley and Creme' song, 'Wedding Bells'.

Probably because of the line:-

'But you wanted me to be the permatanned one'..

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...better still, re-do that old 'Miami Soundmachine' song 'Dr Beat' :-

'Emergency, paging Doctor Reid..
Emergency, paging Doctor Reid..

Doctor, I have got these prisoner's
And they ain't inside, they ain't inside..

Just don't know, don't know
How I'm gonna deal with it...'

Anonymous said...

It's like the Lord Of the Rings this Blog - full of fantasy.

Anonymous said...

Peter Hain


http://www.guardian.co.uk/diary/story/0,,861312,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/diary/story/0,,1038192,00.html

Don't dismiss this crack at the deputy leadership - it has been a long time in the planning...