Nobody "funds" Guido. But if you are eagle-eyed you may have noticed a few adverts about... they don't go up for free.
January 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Anonymous
said...
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do would be open a blog. They are just so beyond the means of the average citizen aren't they? Anyway who funds the 16,000,000 million lucky bastards that already have one. We need to know!
Guido doesn't answer for Iain, but if you tune into 18DoughtyStreet.com or read his blog you will discover he does work for Stefan's operation. It is a matter of public record, not a secret. Not exactly investigative journalism to read a press release is it?
Guido has never appeared on 18DoughtyStreet.com, has no plans to do any TV appearances, is not a member of any UK political party*, in the pay of any interest group or ever likely to be.
*Guido is a member of the Progressive Democrats in his native Ireland.
January 4, 2007 at 11:55 AM
Anonymous
said...
11:48,
If you do "object to any of (Guido's) bile", then try changing websites? No-one is forcing poor little you to be here. x
You could try complaining to the advertising agency, but they will just tell you to fuck off.
Try it:
complaints@MessageSpace.co.uk
January 4, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Anonymous
said...
I'd sooner ignore an arsonist. And Guido is being less than honest about his money/connections.
January 4, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
12:00,
Why? What is your problem? Guido is not running the country, nor is he in a position to hand out contracts/peerages to his buddies/donors. What does it matter about him expressing a personal opinion, and why is his funding any of your business? x
At least he's not wasting taxpayers money paying for Greenpeace adverts on the Tube.
January 4, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Anonymous
said...
12:03,
Who cares??? Do you need to know my income before I'm allowed to express an opinion? If I don't like what is written here, I'm not going to come back. Why do you need to know more? x
January 4, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Anonymous
said...
"You could try complaining to the advertising agency, but they will just tell you to fuck off."
Nice try, arsehole - but if I complain to messagespace - I'm going to be talking to Guido.
No, I think instead I'll talk direct to the advertisers.
(Oh, and there's no other money? From anywhere? Are you SURE?)
Lizards? Halliburton? The Illuminati? The Colombian Cali Cartel? A cabal of sinister and shadowy totty fans?
Earth calling Anonymong, come in please...
January 4, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
Twats, Guido is not posting anonymously, I am in fact a student revising Econometric shite and desperately trying to avoid doing any substantial work. x
January 4, 2007 at 12:13 PM
Anonymous
said...
Well anons post at 12:10 (now deleted) did seem to make sense.
January 4, 2007 at 12:14 PM
Anonymous
said...
I don't understand what the fuck anonymong thinks Guido's funding has to do with him/her. Or his political affiliations for that matter.
January 4, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Anonymous
said...
I have seen you on French TV praising WebCameron.
January 4, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Anonymous
said...
Can't comment on the deleted post (there definitely was one), but all of my posts (not Guido's) have a kiss at the end of them. I feel like sharing the love. x
January 4, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Anonymous
said...
12:23,
Right, someone has been released a little early from the cuckoo-house. Who killed Elvis/JFK/Diana then? x
January 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Anonymous
said...
An honest democracy can't have political bloggers funded by shadowy hidden manipulators. Voters are entitled to know who is financing the information they receive, so they can then judge for themselves their motives and their influence on the information. That is not too much to ask of Guido, is it?
January 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Anonymous
said...
God this is a tiresome thread.
Why not turn to New Years' Resolutions?
In the case of Rosemary Cooper, MP for Skelmersdale, it's a Revolution more than a 'resolution' - she's just become chairperson of Parliament's All-Party Slimming Group.
(For the previously unaware, when viewed in the showers, Rosemary is a Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky girl with knobs on)
I have seen cold and damp youngsters of a November evening collecting coins in plastic buckets out on the high street of my own home town.
So not only funded, but by young children, many of them orphans no doubt.
January 4, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Anonymous
said...
We have more than one source of information, I'm sure nobody takes Guido's word as gospel. It's part of forming a broad opinion on the subject.
As for shadowy hidden manipulators, do you think that might be a bit over-the-top? A manipulator need not be shadowy (Murdoch's empire, Government funded BBC etc.) x
Also I believe most of his wardrobe is donated by kindly uncles, with the hat possibly from Oxfam.
January 4, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Anonymous
said...
mong @ 12:25
and I use that term with the deepest of affection
I'm confused... see, Guido has never made any ploy to hide where he gets his money from, nor his political beliefs, yet you insist there is something nefarious
So, quite simply, put up, with evidence to back up your case, or shut up and withdraw the slander. Cos you are monging up and making this thread almost Fiskeworthy.....
Anonymong, if you think you know something about who's financing Guido why don't you tell us instead of just making vague unsubstantiated allegations.
January 4, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Anonymous
said...
Isn't it funny how often conservatives will scream 'extreme conspiracy' when you point to the possibility of any level of conspiracy? It only takes two people, after all...
What have you got to hide, Guido? Where does the money come from?
January 4, 2007 at 12:41 PM
Anonymous
said...
Vague unsubstantiated allegations are Guido's bread an butter. Allegedly. Cuts both ways.
January 4, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Anonymous
said...
If I found out where the money came from and told you, Guido would just delete it. Maybe he already has...
I think it's important to state for the record that it is in fact I who is funding Guido and have done so for some time. If it wasn't for me and my stashed away millions from unethical trading he would be nothing.
January 4, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Anonymous
said...
w.b.a. calais: Now it's my turn to scream 'conspiracy theorist!' at you.
Again, it cuts both ways.
But to avoid embarrasing you in the long-term, I'll enter the magical phrase that ensures this comment will be deleted:
Guido makes anonymous comments on his own website.
January 4, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymong, please stop ranting. You're giving us other anonymongs a bad name!
January 4, 2007 at 1:07 PM
Anonymous
said...
"Anonymous @1.03 said...
w.b.a. calais: Now it's my turn to scream 'conspiracy theorist!' at you."
Not convinced u are a conspiracy - look to be a bit of a loner:
get out much do you?
January 4, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Anonymous
said...
(1:07): Hello Guido. I'll stop now, just to save you the hassle of turning on moderation.
But making anonymous comments on your own website really is cheating. You should stop doing it before you get rumbled again.
January 4, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said... (1:07): Hello Guido. I'll stop now, just to save you the hassle of turning on moderation.
Actually it was me.
January 4, 2007 at 1:13 PM
Anonymous
said...
w.b.a. calais: I'd argue that the sad bastard reduced to making anonymous comments on his own website is the loner. But thanks for your input. Buh-bye!
I like the idea of anonymous comments to kick off a thread. Nobody clicks on the comments until the first one's up. For example who would believe that the real Councillor Antonia Bance would use the words "racist fuck" (as opposed to) to kick off a debate about John McDonnell's policies?
January 4, 2007 at 1:17 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said... Rickytshirt: And who are you? Some mong with a Blogger profile and no website. You could be anybody.
Buh-buh-buh-bye!
Yes. Where's your site?
January 4, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Anonymous
said...
Guido
Can any anonymong join in asking you personal questions today? If so:
When did you stop beating Mrs Guido then?
PS In case anyone is remotely interested; I have no evidence to support an allegation that you do, just asking a silly question.
"Anonymous" who bores on and gets deleted is Tim Ireland.
He has a few hobby horses:
1 Guido deletes comments. True. His in particular. 2 Guido and Iain Dale are more popular than him - he doesn't exactly deny this - but he objects in some vague way, questions stat reports etc. 3 He complains we don't do things his way. 4 He resents that the right has somehow unjustifiably taken over the blogosphere. Which is not really true in any event. 5 Lately he has become obssessed with this "Guido makes anonymous comments on his own website" thing. Posting it hundreds of times sometimes in the early hours of the morning. 6 The funding thing is new today. This blog is hosted by Google for free. Something that Tim and geeks told me was all wrong. 7 He likes to name Guido's alleged alter ego. 8 He doesn't like politically incorrect humour and attributes evil malice to any off-colour Guido crack.
For the record Guido is fortunate enough to be beholden to know one (apart from Mrs Fawkes), obviously that doesn't mean that there are no investments or business interests.
Neither Guido or Iain quite know why he has lost it with us. But he has.
He has his own (abandoned) blog, yet he comes and graffitis on here and often is the cause of comment moderation being enabled.
It is boring. He has his own blog, he should use it as his platform, if he wasn't such an obssessive bore he'd have more readers as well. That is why he gets deleted from here. There is no right of reply here. Tough.
January 4, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anon 12:06 you seem to have failed to grasp the basic rules of commerce and also how they may be applied to Advertising. It goes like this, a seller looks for customers, this seller will have a target market profile, he therefore looks to display his wares before that market in the hope that some of those that see his wares will make a purchase. Before purchasing advertising space they make a study of the various media available, so rest assured the good folk who advertise in this blog know exactly what goes on here. I hope that has been of some help to you. As it happens I sell marketing data, and just in case anybody should ask me for contact details for an economically illiterate socialist cunt your email address would come in handy Peter.
I love the old cut and thrust of intelligent debate. It’s what I came here for. I thought that I might add some inane comment from time to time… but what have I found? Childish name calling.
Who cares what DC's up to as long as we keep up serious opposition to NuLab? But as you've asked, here's proof that DC was working hard over Christmas
January 4, 2007 at 1:44 PM
Anonymous
said...
"Anonymous ... is Tim Ireland. .. 8 He doesn't like politically incorrect humour and attributes evil malice to any off-colour Guido crack."
Ah Tim!
Glad to be introduced at last.
Pleased I was getting close with my "get out much?" enquiry.
Yours
W.B.A.Calais
ps I can vouch for the all purpose deletion policy.
January 4, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
Not that DC, the other more important one. Am i the only one enthralled by Dave Cracknells mum's anecdotes'?
January 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM
Anonymous
said...
fucking hell Mr PT What a pair of spazzes. I live near a sheltered care home for retards, I regularly pass them in the street being lead along by a carer or on their own mumbling and shambling along and I can honestly say they all look far more normal than the horde of gimps that are paraded before us as prospective MPs. Its almost as if local selection committees sit around and say "c'mon lets find the ugliest most awkward looking wanker and vote for him/her just for a laugh"
January 4, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Anonymous
said...
cmdr adama:Am i the only one enthralled by Dave Cracknells mum's anecdotes'?
Yes, I think you are.
January 4, 2007 at 2:10 PM
Anonymous
said...
"hanging out with a Cheeky Girl somewhere. "
More likely a bouncing cheque-y girl!
Where's the money come from Chameleon??
January 4, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Anonymous
said...
I wonder who pays Tim Ireland to make cack-handed attempts to throw people off the scent when they ask awkward questions about Dave's backers and benefactors. And I'm very disappointed in Dave.
January 4, 2007 at 2:24 PM
Anonymous
said...
" He resents that the right has somehow unjustifiably taken over the blogosphere. Which is not really true in any event." Even if it were true it means that the right has got off its arse and DONE something. The blogosphere is there for anyone! It is precisely the moan that has been made about the "rigged" vote on the Today programme about repealing a law. Good luck to the Countryside Alliance for getting of ITS arse and getting its members to vote. Anyone could done it ...
January 4, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Anonymous
said...
Who gives a shit who finances Cameron's blog, or Guido's for that matter?
I just want to see Cameron and co doing a lot more to rid the country of this thieving, traitorous bunch of New Labour scum before Brown trashes the country completely.
Pretty soon it will be ruined beyond repair.
January 4, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Anonymous
said...
Clearly Guido is funded by shadowy sources. It's obvious that a website he only posts on every day or so and hosted for free by Google could not possibly be done without a shadowy army of evil backers funding it all. Clearly such a blog as this one would be impossible for a wealthy ex-city boy to produce without at least a million dollars a month in funding.
January 4, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
I happen to Know(inside information) Guido is funded by a levy of 10p on the sale of every viagra tablet sold in the country. P.S. can I have my 10p back please it didn't work!
January 4, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
I just want to see Cameron and co doing a lot more to rid the country of this thieving, traitorous bunch of New Labour scum before Brown trashes the country completely.
Yeah... but do they have to replace it with themselves?
January 4, 2007 at 2:33 PM
Anonymous
said...
Have Geoffrey Robinson, bernie ecclestone or the odd indian steel magnate/magnolia e-mailed you yet Guido? Or would it be more in their interest to send a stiff paper packet to Iain Dale or ConservativeHome?
January 4, 2007 at 2:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
I give a shit who finances him. I want to know who he's beholden to and who is likely to call in favours when he's elected. The connection between donations and honours or government contracts is either open and honest or clandestine and dishonest. Dave needs to make up his mind which one he wants to be.
January 4, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said...
Yeah... but do they have to replace it with themselves?
Get real for fucks sake!
Just who else do you think can replace this New Labour shower of shite if not Cameron's Tories?
There's noone else, or would you prefer 5 more years of Brownhatter.
Can Guido PROVE he doesn't receive untracable contributions?
No he cannot. An absence of defence, is evidence of guilt.
Guido also turned me into a newt, but i got better.
January 4, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Anonymous
said...
Just who else do you think can replace this New Labour shower of shite if not Cameron's Tories?
Swapping a pile of horse shit for a cow pat. Great.
January 4, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Anonymous
said...
And replacing a chancellor who takes the piss with one who likes to powder his nose!
January 4, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
Well done Guido. Don't let Cameron off the hook!
January 4, 2007 at 6:43 PM
Anonymous
said...
This matter comes under the heading of "POLICY" and therefore must NEVER be mentioned.
January 4, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
Don't see why Guido would need external backing. He's got plenty of the green stuff already. Maybe that is why Drayson wants to sue him. If he wins he could use the proceeds to upgrade the barony to a viscountcy or even an earldom!
January 4, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
Can i have the 100th comment?
courtesy of http://bucf.wordpress.com
January 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Anonymous
said...
The time has come to reveal the secret funding source behind Guido Fawkes.
5thnovember.blogspot.com is funded by the Labour Party in a fiendishly complicated plan the details of which are only known to three men.
One of them is dead, one has forgotten and I have gone mad.
January 4, 2007 at 10:41 PM
Anonymous
said...
Thanks for reminding me, Alistair.
January 4, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Anonymous
said...
Oh bugger!!
January 4, 2007 at 10:54 PM
Anonymous
said...
For fuck's sake. Its a blog there is no external funding. I'm an impoverished student and yet I can afford to buy myself a computer, so I am sure Fawkesy baby can definitely afford one. Last time I looked he had fingers too so it's not as if he needs to hire someone to type for him (apart from Catesby Esq., but he seems to have buggered off somewhere and didn't do a lot while he was here). Its feckin' cheap to run a blog if you do it yourself. It only becomes expensive if you are a nob like millicock who has to pay an army of nobodies to do his bidding 'cos he's too busy jerking off. The only other thing Guido does is drink, and you can do that whilst conspiring and blogging, so its not exactly taking up much of his time. So give over.
DTx
January 4, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Anonymous
said...
Does that economics student layabout care to comment on this from the BBC?
Migrants 'do not pull wages down'
Workers from accession countries have 'improved' the labour market There is "little evidence" that migrants have made it harder for UK workers to get employment or pull down wages, says a Bank of England report. The paper dismissed the idea that recent arrivals come to claim benefits.
The 0.8% unemployment rise over the past 18 months has little connection with the arrival of some 500,000 Polish and ex-Soviet bloc workers, it said.
The Home Office has said migrants have helped economic growth in the UK but some pressure groups disagreed.
Improvement
The paper also highlighted that population growth had been "extremely low" in comparison with other nations in the past three decades.
The population increase in the UK has been 7% in that time, in sharp contrast with 42% in the US, 25% in Spain and 18% in France.
However, since 1999 the UK population has grown by 3.2%, when eight accession nations - Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and the Czech Republic - joined the EU.
"The entry of recent A8 [accession] migrants appears to have improved the workings of the labour market, reduced wage and inflationary pressures."
There was little or no evidence to suggest that the new [A8] migrants have come to the UK to claim or receive benefits; they have come to work
Bank of England
They have also lowered the "natural rate of unemployment," by making the workforce more adaptable and mobile.
Such workers have contributed to keeping inflation in check by consuming less than they produce.
"There was little or no evidence to suggest that the new [A8] migrants have come to the UK to claim or receive benefits; they have come to work."
Certain groups argue that migrants come to the UK to use to welfare system.
The paper comes after pressure group Migrationwatch UK questioned the benefit of migrants by saying their economic benefit was equal to 4p a week for each person in Britain.
The report follows Romania and Hungary's recent entrance to the EU - though their citizens will only have limited access to UK jobs.
Flooding the country with cheap Labour has no effect on wages, so why let them in?
January 5, 2007 at 12:29 AM
Anonymous
said...
I dont understand the BBC reasoning, am I stupid or is it blatant know sent in by Drowning St?
January 5, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Anonymous
said...
I've seen a lot of anonymongs this afternoon, but no-one batting from Guido's corner has answered this question:
An honest democracy can't have political bloggers funded by shadowy hidden manipulators. Voters are entitled to know who is financing the information they receive, so they can then judge for themselves their motives and their influence on the information. That is not too much to ask of Guido, is it?
January 5, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Anonymous
said...
"Does that economics student layabout care to comment on this from the BBC?"
As I missed out on an economics degree it must be in my imagination that I'm sitting on my arse at home because the last two jobs we quoted on have been undercut by outfits employing f*****g Poles. I'm actually enjoying the benefits of the flood of cheap labour into the country and can't wait to tell my mortgage company that, when the next payment comes due. I know this is true because the BBC have told me so.
106 comments:
So who funds you? Who funds your mate Iain Dale? It cuts both ways, arsehole.
Just where is DC? I've not seen him anywhere! Up to no go I'll wager.
Anon 11.27, I would imagine that both Guido and the Dale fund themselves...
Anonymong,
Nobody "funds" Guido. But if you are eagle-eyed you may have noticed a few adverts about... they don't go up for free.
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do would be open a blog. They are just so beyond the means of the average citizen aren't they?
Anyway who funds the 16,000,000 million lucky bastards that already have one. We need to know!
Plus no-one is campaigning for Guido to run the country. More's the pity.
Thanks for dodging half the question, arsehole. Good thing The Register is on the case:
Tories spin Web 2.0 to out-Fox Ofcom
The support of the masses is sustenance enough for me.
So if we object to any of your bile we only need to complain to your advertisers? Thanks for the tip.
Anonymong,
Guido doesn't answer for Iain, but if you tune into 18DoughtyStreet.com or read his blog you will discover he does work for Stefan's operation. It is a matter of public record, not a secret. Not exactly investigative journalism to read a press release is it?
Guido has never appeared on 18DoughtyStreet.com, has no plans to do any TV appearances, is not a member of any UK political party*, in the pay of any interest group or ever likely to be.
*Guido is a member of the Progressive Democrats in his native Ireland.
11:48,
If you do "object to any of (Guido's) bile", then try changing websites? No-one is forcing poor little you to be here. x
I have seen you on TV, Guido! Luckily your face was blocked out ;-)
You could try complaining to the advertising agency, but they will just tell you to fuck off.
Try it:
complaints@MessageSpace.co.uk
I'd sooner ignore an arsonist. And Guido is being less than honest about his money/connections.
12:00,
Why? What is your problem? Guido is not running the country, nor is he in a position to hand out contracts/peerages to his buddies/donors. What does it matter about him expressing a personal opinion, and why is his funding any of your business? x
So what?
At least he's not wasting taxpayers money paying for Greenpeace adverts on the Tube.
12:03,
Who cares??? Do you need to know my income before I'm allowed to express an opinion? If I don't like what is written here, I'm not going to come back. Why do you need to know more? x
"You could try complaining to the advertising agency, but they will just tell you to fuck off."
Nice try, arsehole - but if I complain to messagespace - I'm going to be talking to Guido.
No, I think instead I'll talk direct to the advertisers.
(Oh, and there's no other money? From anywhere? Are you SURE?)
If anyone would like to fund my activities, I promise a shadowy and non-transparent arrangement.
Thread of the week!
Guido, please stop defending yourself anonymously. It's embarrasing to watch.
Guido's on to a nice bunsen burner here! Why should he tell you where he gets the funds to live a life of extraordinary extravagence?
Anonymong,
Err, who do you think is funding Guido? And why?
Lizards? Halliburton? The Illuminati? The Colombian Cali Cartel? A cabal of sinister and shadowy totty fans?
Earth calling Anonymong, come in please...
Twats, Guido is not posting anonymously, I am in fact a student revising Econometric shite and desperately trying to avoid doing any substantial work. x
Well anons post at 12:10 (now deleted) did seem to make sense.
I don't understand what the fuck anonymong thinks Guido's funding has to do with him/her. Or his political affiliations for that matter.
I have seen you on French TV praising WebCameron.
Can't comment on the deleted post (there definitely was one), but all of my posts (not Guido's) have a kiss at the end of them. I feel like sharing the love. x
12:23,
Right, someone has been released a little early from the cuckoo-house. Who killed Elvis/JFK/Diana then? x
An honest democracy can't have political bloggers funded by shadowy hidden manipulators. Voters are entitled to know who is financing the information they receive, so they can then judge for themselves their motives and their influence on the information. That is not too much to ask of Guido, is it?
God this is a tiresome thread.
Why not turn to New Years' Resolutions?
In the case of Rosemary Cooper, MP for Skelmersdale, it's a Revolution more than a 'resolution' - she's just become chairperson of Parliament's All-Party Slimming Group.
(For the previously unaware, when viewed in the showers, Rosemary is a Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky girl with knobs on)
Sadly these terrible accusations are true...
I have seen cold and damp youngsters of a November evening collecting coins in plastic buckets out on the high street of my own home town.
So not only funded, but by young children, many of them orphans no doubt.
We have more than one source of information, I'm sure nobody takes Guido's word as gospel. It's part of forming a broad opinion on the subject.
As for shadowy hidden manipulators, do you think that might be a bit over-the-top? A manipulator need not be shadowy (Murdoch's empire, Government funded BBC etc.) x
Also I believe most of his wardrobe is donated by kindly uncles, with the hat possibly from Oxfam.
mong @ 12:25
and I use that term with the deepest of affection
I'm confused... see, Guido has never made any ploy to hide where he gets his money from, nor his political beliefs, yet you insist there is something nefarious
So, quite simply, put up, with evidence to back up your case, or shut up and withdraw the slander. Cos you are monging up and making this thread almost Fiskeworthy.....
12.25 Anonymong,
You are a nutcase. Nobody is funding Guido and am bemused at how you finance information.
No shadowy manipulators beyond the co-conspirators who read and email information to Guido are involved.
If you know better, publish it on your own blog Tim.
He who muddies the water has himself dirty fingers...
Dear anon,
Behind you! Behind you!
Anonymong, if you think you know something about who's financing Guido why don't you tell us instead of just making vague unsubstantiated allegations.
Isn't it funny how often conservatives will scream 'extreme conspiracy' when you point to the possibility of any level of conspiracy? It only takes two people, after all...
What have you got to hide, Guido? Where does the money come from?
Vague unsubstantiated allegations are Guido's bread an butter. Allegedly. Cuts both ways.
If I found out where the money came from and told you, Guido would just delete it. Maybe he already has...
Will a number of these entries dry up when school restarts on Monday?
It's impossible, of course, to prove that Guido is NOT financed by shady means. Similar to any "negative"...
Lucien Modo: No, Guido will simply delete them later. He often goes back in time and tidies things up so he always smells of roses.
What you're seeing right now is rare - a live edit. This will soon end when Guido flips moderation on because he is 'bored'.
Today, Guido would rather you did not know today is that he makes anonymous comments on his own website.
Spoken like a true Aquarian
haven't seen the ever attractive mr hirst/jhl for several days: is this anonymous flurry his new MO?
Gnh! Fucked that last sentence up. But it's not a problem, because Guido will delete it.
Can we just establish what shady interests* the Anonymong thinks would want to finance Guido?
Can you give them the address of my wine merchant?
*If you are a shadowy manipulator and you are interested in financing Guido please email guido.fawkes@order-order.com.
Sir,
You have eaten the apple of the tree of knowledge.
Guido always flies casual. Unless he's commenting anonymously on his own site, of course. Then he's free to praise/defend himself however he pleases.
And you just answered a question with a question. You're born politician.
Anyway, enough with the insults: back to the question
Where does the money come from?
Would you rather I re-phrased that as past tense? Where DID the money come from? Would that make it easier?
Let he without sin, cough up pips.
Nah, sentence structure is wrong for hirst/jhl. So it looks like someone else with an axe to grind. Now who could be really annoyed by this blog?
Gordon, get back to work!! x
I think it's important to state for the record that it is in fact I who is funding Guido and have done so for some time. If it wasn't for me and my stashed away millions from unethical trading he would be nothing.
w.b.a. calais: Now it's my turn to scream 'conspiracy theorist!' at you.
Again, it cuts both ways.
But to avoid embarrasing you in the long-term, I'll enter the magical phrase that ensures this comment will be deleted:
Guido makes anonymous comments on his own website.
Anonymong, please stop ranting. You're giving us other anonymongs a bad name!
"Anonymous @1.03 said...
w.b.a. calais: Now it's my turn to scream 'conspiracy theorist!' at you."
Not convinced u are a conspiracy - look to be a bit of a loner:
get out much do you?
(1:07): Hello Guido. I'll stop now, just to save you the hassle of turning on moderation.
But making anonymous comments on your own website really is cheating. You should stop doing it before you get rumbled again.
Anonymous said...
(1:07): Hello Guido. I'll stop now, just to save you the hassle of turning on moderation.
Actually it was me.
w.b.a. calais: I'd argue that the sad bastard reduced to making anonymous comments on his own website is the loner. But thanks for your input. Buh-bye!
Fucking hell! I'm going to the pub.
I reckon this amusing posting is being done by Milimong to pay Guido back for flooding his wiki with intelligent people.
Has the word Anonymous become synonymous with mentally sub-normal dickhead? I think the OED should be informed.
Rickytshirt: And who are you? Some mong with a Blogger profile and no website. You could be anybody.
Buh-buh-buh-bye!
I like the idea of anonymous comments to kick off a thread. Nobody clicks on the comments until the first one's up. For example who would believe that the real Councillor Antonia Bance would use the words "racist fuck" (as opposed to) to kick off a debate about John McDonnell's policies?
Anonymous said...
Rickytshirt: And who are you? Some mong with a Blogger profile and no website. You could be anybody.
Buh-buh-buh-bye!
Yes. Where's your site?
Guido
Can any anonymong join in asking you personal questions today? If so:
When did you stop beating Mrs Guido then?
PS In case anyone is remotely interested; I have no evidence to support an allegation that you do, just asking a silly question.
"Anonymous" who bores on and gets deleted is Tim Ireland.
He has a few hobby horses:
1 Guido deletes comments. True. His in particular.
2 Guido and Iain Dale are more popular than him - he doesn't exactly deny this - but he objects in some vague way, questions stat reports etc.
3 He complains we don't do things his way.
4 He resents that the right has somehow unjustifiably taken over the blogosphere. Which is not really true in any event.
5 Lately he has become obssessed with this "Guido makes anonymous comments on his own website" thing. Posting it hundreds of times sometimes in the early hours of the morning.
6 The funding thing is new today. This blog is hosted by Google for free. Something that Tim and geeks told me was all wrong.
7 He likes to name Guido's alleged alter ego.
8 He doesn't like politically incorrect humour and attributes evil malice to any off-colour Guido crack.
For the record Guido is fortunate enough to be beholden to know one (apart from Mrs Fawkes), obviously that doesn't mean that there are no investments or business interests.
Neither Guido or Iain quite know why he has lost it with us. But he has.
He has his own (abandoned) blog, yet he comes and graffitis on here and often is the cause of comment moderation being enabled.
It is boring. He has his own blog, he should use it as his platform, if he wasn't such an obssessive bore he'd have more readers as well. That is why he gets deleted from here. There is no right of reply here. Tough.
Anon 12:06
you seem to have failed to grasp the basic rules of commerce and also how they may be applied to Advertising.
It goes like this, a seller looks for customers, this seller will have a target market profile, he therefore looks to display his wares before that market in the hope that some of those that see his wares will make a purchase.
Before purchasing advertising space they make a study of the various media available, so rest assured the good folk who advertise in this blog know exactly what goes on here.
I hope that has been of some help to you.
As it happens I sell marketing data, and just in case anybody should ask me for contact details for an economically illiterate socialist cunt your email address would come in handy
Peter.
I love the old cut and thrust of intelligent debate. It’s what I came here for. I thought that I might add some inane comment from time to time… but what have I found? Childish name calling.
I am saddened to the point of madness.
…or maddened to the point of sadness.
I myself am thoroughly unprincipled, I am a dealer in human grease. However the upside of this is that I am so sunk in sin as to be incorruptible.
Mr. Hitchens will vouch my foulness.
Yours in this life
Modo
possibly the most boring thread ever!!! PS> Can we get back to what David is up to?? Is he Cracking up or hanging out with a Cheeky Girl somewhere.
Who cares what DC's up to as long as we keep up serious opposition to NuLab? But as you've asked, here's proof that DC was working hard over Christmas
"Anonymous ... is Tim Ireland.
..
8 He doesn't like politically incorrect humour and attributes evil malice to any off-colour Guido crack."
Ah Tim!
Glad to be introduced at last.
Pleased I was getting close with my "get out much?" enquiry.
Yours
W.B.A.Calais
ps I can vouch for the all purpose deletion policy.
Not that DC, the other more important one. Am i the only one enthralled by Dave Cracknells mum's anecdotes'?
fucking hell Mr PT
What a pair of spazzes.
I live near a sheltered care home for retards, I regularly pass them in the street being lead along by a carer or on their own mumbling and shambling along and I can honestly say they all look far more normal than the horde of gimps that are paraded before us as prospective MPs.
Its almost as if local selection committees sit around and say "c'mon lets find the ugliest most awkward looking wanker and vote for him/her just for a laugh"
cmdr adama:Am i the only one enthralled by Dave Cracknells mum's anecdotes'?
Yes, I think you are.
"hanging out with a Cheeky Girl somewhere. "
More likely a bouncing cheque-y girl!
Where's the money come from Chameleon??
I wonder who pays Tim Ireland to make cack-handed attempts to throw people off the scent when they ask awkward questions about Dave's backers and benefactors. And I'm very disappointed in Dave.
" He resents that the right has somehow unjustifiably taken over the blogosphere. Which is not really true in any event." Even if it were true it means that the right has got off its arse and DONE something. The blogosphere is there for anyone! It is precisely the moan that has been made about the "rigged" vote on the Today programme about repealing a law. Good luck to the Countryside Alliance for getting of ITS arse and getting its members to vote. Anyone could done it ...
Who gives a shit who finances Cameron's blog, or Guido's for that matter?
I just want to see Cameron and co doing a lot more to rid the country of this thieving, traitorous bunch of New Labour scum before Brown trashes the country completely.
Pretty soon it will be ruined beyond repair.
Clearly Guido is funded by shadowy sources. It's obvious that a website he only posts on every day or so and hosted for free by Google could not possibly be done without a shadowy army of evil backers funding it all. Clearly such a blog as this one would be impossible for a wealthy ex-city boy to produce without at least a million dollars a month in funding.
I happen to Know(inside information) Guido is funded by a levy of 10p on the sale of every viagra tablet sold in the country.
P.S. can I have my 10p back please it didn't work!
I just want to see Cameron and co doing a lot more to rid the country of this thieving, traitorous bunch of New Labour scum before Brown trashes the country completely.
Yeah... but do they have to replace it with themselves?
Have Geoffrey Robinson, bernie ecclestone or the odd indian steel magnate/magnolia e-mailed you yet Guido? Or would it be more in their interest to send a stiff paper packet to Iain Dale or ConservativeHome?
I give a shit who finances him. I want to know who he's beholden to and who is likely to call in favours when he's elected. The connection between donations and honours or government contracts is either open and honest or clandestine and dishonest. Dave needs to make up his mind which one he wants to be.
Anonymous said...
Yeah... but do they have to replace it with themselves?
Get real for fucks sake!
Just who else do you think can replace this New Labour shower of shite if not Cameron's Tories?
There's noone else, or would you prefer 5 more years of Brownhatter.
Can Guido PROVE he doesn't receive untracable contributions?
No he cannot. An absence of defence, is evidence of guilt.
Guido also turned me into a newt, but i got better.
Just who else do you think can replace this New Labour shower of shite if not Cameron's Tories?
Swapping a pile of horse shit for a cow pat. Great.
And replacing a chancellor who takes the piss with one who likes to powder his nose!
Well done Guido. Don't let Cameron off the hook!
This matter comes under the heading of "POLICY" and therefore must NEVER be mentioned.
Don't see why Guido would need external backing. He's got plenty of the green stuff already. Maybe that is why Drayson wants to sue him. If he wins he could use the proceeds to upgrade the barony to a viscountcy or even an earldom!
Can i have the 100th comment?
courtesy of http://bucf.wordpress.com
The time has come to reveal the secret funding source behind Guido Fawkes.
5thnovember.blogspot.com is funded by the Labour Party in a fiendishly complicated plan the details of which are only known to three men.
One of them is dead, one has forgotten and I have gone mad.
Thanks for reminding me, Alistair.
Oh bugger!!
For fuck's sake. Its a blog there is no external funding. I'm an impoverished student and yet I can afford to buy myself a computer, so I am sure Fawkesy baby can definitely afford one. Last time I looked he had fingers too so it's not as if he needs to hire someone to type for him (apart from Catesby Esq., but he seems to have buggered off somewhere and didn't do a lot while he was here). Its feckin' cheap to run a blog if you do it yourself. It only becomes expensive if you are a nob like millicock who has to pay an army of nobodies to do his bidding 'cos he's too busy jerking off. The only other thing Guido does is drink, and you can do that whilst conspiring and blogging, so its not exactly taking up much of his time. So give over.
DTx
Does that economics student layabout care to comment on this from the BBC?
Migrants 'do not pull wages down'
Workers from accession countries have 'improved' the labour market
There is "little evidence" that migrants have made it harder for UK workers to get employment or pull down wages, says a Bank of England report.
The paper dismissed the idea that recent arrivals come to claim benefits.
The 0.8% unemployment rise over the past 18 months has little connection with the arrival of some 500,000 Polish and ex-Soviet bloc workers, it said.
The Home Office has said migrants have helped economic growth in the UK but some pressure groups disagreed.
Improvement
The paper also highlighted that population growth had been "extremely low" in comparison with other nations in the past three decades.
The population increase in the UK has been 7% in that time, in sharp contrast with 42% in the US, 25% in Spain and 18% in France.
However, since 1999 the UK population has grown by 3.2%, when eight accession nations - Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and the Czech Republic - joined the EU.
"The entry of recent A8 [accession] migrants appears to have improved the workings of the labour market, reduced wage and inflationary pressures."
There was little or no evidence to suggest that the new [A8] migrants have come to the UK to claim or receive benefits; they have come to work
Bank of England
They have also lowered the "natural rate of unemployment," by making the workforce more adaptable and mobile.
Such workers have contributed to keeping inflation in check by consuming less than they produce.
"There was little or no evidence to suggest that the new [A8] migrants have come to the UK to claim or receive benefits; they have come to work."
Certain groups argue that migrants come to the UK to use to welfare system.
The paper comes after pressure group Migrationwatch UK questioned the benefit of migrants by saying their economic benefit was equal to 4p a week for each person in Britain.
The report follows Romania and Hungary's recent entrance to the EU - though their citizens will only have limited access to UK jobs.
Flooding the country with cheap Labour has no effect on wages, so why let them in?
I dont understand the BBC reasoning, am I stupid or is it blatant know sent in by Drowning St?
I've seen a lot of anonymongs this afternoon, but no-one batting from Guido's corner has answered this question:
An honest democracy can't have political bloggers funded by shadowy hidden manipulators. Voters are entitled to know who is financing the information they receive, so they can then judge for themselves their motives and their influence on the information. That is not too much to ask of Guido, is it?
"Does that economics student layabout care to comment on this from the BBC?"
As I missed out on an economics degree it must be in my imagination that I'm sitting on my arse at home because the last two jobs we quoted on have been undercut by outfits employing f*****g Poles.
I'm actually enjoying the benefits of the flood of cheap labour into the country and can't wait to tell my mortgage company that, when the next payment comes due.
I know this is true because the BBC have told me so.