Philippa Stroud is a serious God Botherer. Google her and weep for the Tories if she gets selected.
As the deleted post says, Labour will have a field day
November 20, 2006 at 4:49 PM
Anonymous
said...
As a Jewish resident of Bayswater I can tell you that, given the current mood, there is no way that most of the people at my local synagogue will vote for a Muslim.
Sad, but there you are.
November 20, 2006 at 4:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
it's a shame that Montgomerie himself is such a jesus freak.
Read some of his Britain & america blog, some amusing posts about how some foaming-at-the-mouth republican anti-abortion, anti-stem cells-research type was a hero and a wonderful man and it was a crime he lost.
He's not all god bothering, all the time, but there's a decent amount of stuff written from his (rather marginal in the 21st century) own Christian perspective.
November 20, 2006 at 5:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
Well it is a private blog that can be used for whatever purpose the owner likes. I don't expect that Guido would keep my posts up if he didn't like them and why should he?
I am not religious in any noticable way and yet I think abortion is too liberal and ought to be restricted. I don't think I am alone in that (except by combining the two positions). I do not see that the Conservatives are on a loser with the general idea even if this particular candidate is not right. The Tories need to get beyond North London. A lot of people would agree with that position.
November 20, 2006 at 5:16 PM
Anonymous
said...
anonymous 4:51. Don't know if its in the same constituency, but I would have thought the large Arab community in and around Edgware Road would comfortably offset the synagogues round Bayswater?
November 20, 2006 at 5:17 PM
Anonymous
said...
God works through Tim Montgomerie - surely you knew this, Guido?
That's why wee Willie Hague was going to give him his own God Office in the Number 10 basement if he'd been elected PM...
November 20, 2006 at 5:18 PM
Anonymous
said...
You almost long for the day when this bunch of fuckers are in power and we can sit around tearing them to shreds. It'll be great! And, we know we can count on Guido to facilitate as much arse-rapery and abuse for the Tories as he has for Labour! I just so can't wait....
November 20, 2006 at 5:21 PM
Anonymous
said...
More Christian Fundamentalists. Just what the world needs as a remedy to Bush and Blair...
November 20, 2006 at 5:28 PM
Anonymous
said...
I'd rather thought god had given up on politicians who promoted "family" values, after the kicking George Allen, Conrad Burns et al got in the US midterms.
"Social justice" ?? What the fuck has that got to do with conservatism? Unless they mean making justice a social event, i.e. having a few drinks then publicly flogging a burglar followed by an agreeable dinner. Somehow with the bunch of arseholes who currently wear the Conservative mantle I doubt it. Still, I can dream.
I've had enough. I'll vote for any party that pays towards me emigrating.
Gordon Alien V Predator Dave.
Whoever wins... We lose.
November 20, 2006 at 5:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
Bayswater. Ah we need an ex Muslim converted to Judasim married to a lapsed Catholic now attending the Greek Orthodox Church in Moscow Road whilst sending their children to the Int Russian Scool around the corner whose Headmaster is a confirmed(By Bishop Richard Dawkins) atheist. MP/Party just give us a stable currency and decent Defence Force. Fuck the rest we can look after ourselves thank you very much.
November 20, 2006 at 5:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
I've always viewed flogging as a rather private affair - perhaps in the presence of a few friends, but surely no more than that..
His Grace is concerned that parliamentary candidates should be discriminated against for their religious beliefs, and he thought Mr Fawkes might have been more sensitive on the matter.
Muslim, Christian, Jewish - it should not matter a jot provided they are capable of representing their constituents without bias or prejudice. Is it really the role of a political party to proclaim on the acceptability of the faith of its candidates? Should that faith be a bone of contention in a general election? Why should a religious group not seek to promote and support its members into positions of influence?
His Grace has been here before...
November 20, 2006 at 6:26 PM
Anonymous
said...
Good on you Guido,The Grand Protector And Communicator. The whole process of selection is cliquism promoting corruption of a bunch of Homosexuals hiding behind a curtain of religion and wishy washy moralistic views.
Bagshag had no need to put her awe in the selection as it was sanitised with A listers anyway and we have had a great deal of say on this one.
Talking about Haig,as Machiavelli has,I hear gossip among the elite who are now believing that Cameron wont make it, and Haig is positioning for a second coming.
November 20, 2006 at 6:31 PM
Anonymous
said...
It needs to be recognized that ConHome is not an official party site, but the personal fiefdom of the self-important Mr Montgomerie.
November 20, 2006 at 6:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
"Haig is positioning for a second coming".
Will Ffion like this?
November 20, 2006 at 6:52 PM
Anonymous
said...
Indeed beebopper, whereas the party of the fuzzy tree(they all look like that after enough talcum powder) is the personal fiefdom of David Chameleon.
November 20, 2006 at 6:53 PM
Anonymous
said...
They will lose whoever is selected Jews vote Labour and Bayswater is awash with Darkies and other unsavoury foreign types who no doubt also vote labour, despite not being legally Pastor Crackers, that Orthodox church on rd is very fine isn't it? There is also an immaculate Armenian chutch a little up towards westbourne grove. I have had the lead of both of them, I prayed for forgiveness afterwards so I think Im ok godwise.
November 20, 2006 at 7:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
Taleban Timmy's 5 to 6 visit to the US in January and February was funded by CCHQ. He presented a report to Francis Maude on online campaigning. He therefore cannot be viewed as independent. There is no report about the Jubilee Invest Trust on Con Home. He who pays the piper....
Con Home also failed to report the arrest of former David Prior (ex Conservative MP and Party Chief Executive) on fraud charges.
18 Doughty Street is just as bad. Itb is as anti-establishment as White's Club - moronic sychophancy to POETS - posh old etonian socialites.
November 20, 2006 at 7:01 PM
Anonymous
said...
pmd said... "anonymous 4:51. Don't know if its in the same constituency, but I would have thought the large Arab community in and around Edgware Road would comfortably offset the synagogues round Bayswater?"
If the local synagogue referred to here is that in Edgeware Road then you'd be amazed at just who are members - some of them remarkably influential.
Take a wander down there on a Saturday morning.
November 20, 2006 at 7:20 PM
Anonymous
said...
"Why should a religious group not seek to promote and support its members into positions of influence? "
That's the crux (as it were) of the problem, Cranmer. Do their loyalties lie with (a) the electorate or (b) their party or (c) (as you seem to imply) the religious group promoting and supporting them.
Anyone who believes that the Islamifcation of Britain has grown, is growing and ought to be reversed will vote for a non-Muslim canditate at every opportunity.
November 20, 2006 at 7:25 PM
Anonymous
said...
Unless the spelling improves round here, we're all going to become confused.
A second coming of Haig, suggested one poster. "That's it!", I thought - "that'll make those Taleban johnnies think again. A general happy to lose just as many of our lot than their lot, and with a fecund growth of hair on his top lip that makes their attempts at moustaches look like Euan Blair."
Then another poster made reference to Ffion and all became clear.
Pity.
November 20, 2006 at 7:36 PM
Anonymous
said...
You think this is bad. Wait till you see the make up of a conference that Sayeed Warsi and Dominic Grieve are going to attend.
Bomb Belts Anyone? Azzam?
November 20, 2006 at 7:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
Idle, glad you pointed that out. I hate misspellling.
November 20, 2006 at 7:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
"Anyone who believes that the Islamifcation of Britain has grown, is growing and ought to be reversed will vote for a non-Muslim canditate at every opportunity."
I have some sympathy for this. Indeed, a party specifically standing in opposition to the Islamification of the UK would probably get my vote as none of the others are worth bothering with (the Templar Party perhaps?).
However, I'm not entirely convinced that 'any' non-Muslim candidate automatically becomes preferable - just replacing one fascist god botherer with another doesn't seem particularly productive.
November 20, 2006 at 8:33 PM
Anonymous
said...
Most of Edgware road's muslims are in Cities of London and Westminster; the constituency boundary is the Marylebone flyover. There is a large muslim population on the council estates in North Westminster, and a not quite so large Jewish population in St Johns Wood.
Incidentally in 1910, a predecessor seat (Paddington North) was one of only two in the country where both candidates were Jewish.
November 20, 2006 at 8:36 PM
Anonymous
said...
Mr Hitchens Polite Request
Please keep your thieving hands off my newly laid lead roof at my modest Hereford Rd bolt hole which I periodically visit for Ugandan discussions when Mrs Crackers is resting at our GU1 residence a few miles off the A3. This house does not have a lead roof. I saw some scaffolding at the Greek Orthodox Church recently and now know why. The interior is colourful but I doubt you will be able to scrape the gilt off the ceiling.
November 20, 2006 at 8:58 PM
Anonymous
said...
I'm not entirely convinced that 'any' non-Muslim candidate automatically becomes preferable
Ninth Knight - you're obviously correct - there's a lot of fellow travellers around.
In the current climate an anti-Islamic party would run foul of current (and future) hate-crime legislation. It would be perfectly legal to oppose communism, fascism, liberalism and so on, but to oppose Islamism will be a criminal offence, as the great clunking fister has made clear. You can't oppose something without persuading people to hate it, so if you want to oppose Islam you're in trouble.
I'm appalled by Cranmer's naivety on this point. "His Grace is concerned that parliamentary candidates should be discriminated against for their religious beliefs" he preaches. But if the advancement of those religious beliefs is the essence (spoken or unspoken) of their platform, it will soon be illegal to resist them.
November 20, 2006 at 9:05 PM
Anonymous
said...
How can anyone be a Christian , or , in fact religious in any way. If god actually existed what sort of inadequate freak would he have to be to require a load of old ladies to turn and sing "Oh how big you are , oh how small am I , I crawl on my belly , you rule o`er the sky etc." I completely disagree with Cramner of course the religion of a candidate is important I they say this is their moral core then we can judge them by it . Do a good job ? A poodle to do a good job . They have sacramental role they stand for us an they should look like us .
I had absolutely no idea that Tim Montgomery was a deranged sky fairy believer I dread to think what a load of nonsense is hidden in those words .
November 20, 2006 at 9:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
Jesus Christ! We at last have a hope of defeating the new Labour hypocrites and liars, and now you tell me we are using anti-abortion born-again Christians.
Maybe it is time to emigrate.....
November 20, 2006 at 9:50 PM
Anonymous
said...
Dont want to know about Haighs second coming. His first was too much of an anti-climax.
I had absolutely no idea that Tim Montgomery was a deranged sky fairy believer
That, of course, is the point, you moron.
Mr Montgomerie does nothing to purposely offend; neither does he Bible bash, nor does he preach. He seeks to live out his faith in the reality of the murky political world we all live in. The fact that you held him in a certain regard until you heard the appalling news that he 'was a deranged sky fairy believer' is indicative of your own ignorance and bigotry. The mere reporting of this news disturbed you, and your prejudice inclined you to defame him.
And as to the Anonymong who called His Grace 'naive', his whole blog is dedicated to exposes such religio-political agendas. His Grace is not naive on these matters; he is the epitome of enlightenment, and he assures you that the threat to the peace and safety of this Realm is not going to come from a sincere Christian who happens to oppose abortion. The enemy is not to be found among the Christians, however outlandish their beliefs may appear to the world. The enemy is among those who seek to deny those liberties for which some of us died. Open your eyes.
November 20, 2006 at 10:24 PM
Anonymous
said...
Some of these non christians do not want to open their eyes,Your Grace. They only want to open their arses to be buggered by a another tory.
November 20, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Anonymous
said...
Dr crackers I cant help it Im a Gypsy. As to the gilt I have a special tool adapted from a Black&Decker paint stripper and a Henry vacuum cleaner that removes it a treat. I purchased it from my cousin Barry "Scott "of Cillit Bang fame, his real name is Barry Hitchens,Scott is his stage name, we threatened to kill him if he used our good name to sell kitchen cleaning products. Should any of you who live within a 3 mile radius of Hyde park have any scrap metal, antiques or curios you wish to dispose of please let me know. Cash up front no questions asked.
November 20, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Anonymous
said...
I agree with The blogger above -Haig and his plotters are aiming for a new objective,as I have seen and heard a few positioning movements.I also agree,Ffion wont be too happy with his new positioning. Cameron and Gaybo George are also about to be found out as a one time confidante is about to blow the trumpet.--Drugs or Sex or both?
November 20, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
And to those that bash his grace.. He may be both a pompous and pedantic twat on occasions but he has heart and sincerity and writes beautifully, something apparent even to a proudly knuckle dragging Philistine such as myself. Having said that never allow him near fire lighters and matches.
November 20, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
what would the preacher's wife make of these divine interventions... www.divine-interventions.com
November 20, 2006 at 11:02 PM
Anonymous
said...
Cranmer
On the whole, I'd agree with you and would much rather elect a Christian schooled in the western classical liberal tradition, than an Islamist.
However, when you say that the enemy is among those who seek to deny our liberties, the fact is that that group includes Christian fundamentalists who would impose their own morality onto others. The issue of abortion has already been mentioned but it is far from being the only one, eg stem cell research.
And just for devilment:
"the threat to the peace and safety of this Realm is not going to come from a sincere Christian who happens to oppose abortion"
Really? It has in the past, as I'm sure our host could remind you.
November 20, 2006 at 11:08 PM
Anonymous
said...
Just announced on ConHome that Jo Cash has been selected.
Montgomerie rightly pulled the comment as it made points that could not be validated about candidates close to a poll. That is why he monitors the candidates section closely, as there is above average motivation to defame.
He denies that it was to do with the abortion views of Stroud. These have been left uncensored by him in a previous thread. He thinks Guido's manufacturing a story, which misses the target. Pull.
November 20, 2006 at 11:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
Wrong Tapestry. There were only three assertions in the original post that Montgomerie pulled.
1) Tariq Ahmad is a Muslim - FACT
2) Phillipa Stroud is a born again Christian - FACT
3) Ms Stroud is vocally anti-abortion - FACT.
Yet Timmy claimed there were facts in the post he couldn't verify.
Which one Timmy? You admit that Ms Stroud is a friend of yours so you already know all about her political and religious views. So what was it? Perhaps you thought Tariq Ahmed might be a Buddhist?
The alternative explanation, one that Guido, with his fine nose for hypocrisy, spotted is that the post also pointed out that when the Labour Party started Googling Philippa Stround and discovered her background they would have a field day.
Timmy didn't like that - might put off the selectors of Westminster North from choosing his companion in Christ. So he pulled the post.
Montgomerie wrote - It is true I am a friend of Philippa Stroud and would like to see her selected but I did not censor criticism of her pro-life views on an earlier thread (hyperlinked). Guido is looking for a scandal where there is none.
It seems a bit odd to be trying to make this into a big deal.
Peter Hitchens - cunts are useful.
November 21, 2006 at 12:31 AM
Anonymous
said...
anonymong 12.12:
You conveniently miss out the other assertion in the (your?) original censored comment on conservativehome.com, namely that the third candidate referred to on the shortlist was a hardworking local councillor and would be perfect for the seat. The truth of this assertion was no doubt in the mind of the selectors who didn't agree. Perhaps you should be more careful when bad-mouthing candidates to blogs from your blackberry whilst in public...
Guido, you've made certain statements in the last two days and horror of horrors, I find myself agreeing. On my own miniscule blog I'd just posted on exclusivity, getting sucked in and abandonment and you wrote, over at Bryan's:
Usually those in the know have political or journalistic ambitions. You get sucked into the system and/or marginalised.
You've hit the nail on the head and now I can see exactly where you're going.
November 21, 2006 at 8:50 AM
Anonymous
said...
Be careful what you drink Guido.................thallium is toxic.............he who sups with the Devil you know.............Vlad The Bad is Watching !
I'm with Calvin....I like the underwear....as well...
November 21, 2006 at 9:07 AM
Anonymous
said...
Keep religion out of politics and the state - it creates conflicts.
November 21, 2006 at 9:11 AM
Anonymous
said...
“Moron “, Cramner ? Anachronistic or are you tired of your faux identity ? I am. You feel that carrying the comforting belief in a big invisible friend into adult hood is harmless. I do not , and fetishising the hippy conjuror ( wine water …just like that ! ..) , is even worse . Firstly you say it is private madness and no-ones business. Suppose , for example I wished to spend nights twizzling my pubic hair into a scale model of the NotreDame . Harmless, you say. Bonkers say I and I do not believe such loons can be let loose on legislation. Common sense really . Secondly the religiosity has direct implications over a range of issues connected with women and family . This morning I read the Church is opposing new gay rights law . Well they would. Suppose I wish to feast on the body of the gorgeous golden Nubian boy Hitchens , would you prescribe our languorous afternoons of sherbet and absinthe ? Probably , he’ll miss them . Christianity is undemocratic,. I don`t mean the default protestants who believe in nothing . I mean the actual supposition that there is a divine authority above that of man . In this country as main stream Anglicanism became secular the association of Popery and despotism was spot on . They rejoice in that fact we are ruled by the new Holy Roman Empire none of whose members have any liking for secular parliament.
It is no coincidence that Fawkes was a religious moonbat and traitor who wanted to blow up the Houses of Parliament . I want to keep it and return to it the power it has lost . Religious people will tend to regard such distinctions as small.
The only reason loons and fairy worshippers are harmless is because they dare not show themselves , but that is down to us not them . Cramner , you hid your true goals for years staying alive twisting turning ( hiding your Teutonic bint ) . In the back of your mind you were waiting… waiting for your moment . Freaky religious fruitcakes are just like that . They never give up , they never change their mind . They must be reminded at all times they are unwanted parasite on the glorious secular tradition of parliament court and free English men .
Yes , the religious convictions of a candidate are important . Oaf Cramner !
oops got a bit carried away . Better get back to usury
November 21, 2006 at 9:28 AM
Anonymous
said...
Peter Hitchens - cunts are useful.
According to Christians they are a loathsome necessity. Another reason to be against them .The nuns ..um thing .. and the burqa look the same because they had precisely the same role. Over a thousand years ago an alien eastern religion washed up on these shores where the free thinking Anglo Saxons w ere enjoying Winter blow out complete with babes and mead and they changed it to “Christ masse eeeek “. It has taken a thousand years to change it back into what it was and now .. guess what . A new collection of deluded monotheists want to change it to Winterval so they aren’t offended . Here we go again …..they are all the same and the only reason Christians and Mooslims look different is because most Christians are not really anything .
Stick that up your cowl Cramner
November 21, 2006 at 9:42 AM
Anonymous
said...
...and Calvin is a paedophile whose underwear shoudl be burnt , as should he .Get it from a nice Jewish shmutter stall M and S.
November 21, 2006 at 9:46 AM
Anonymous
said...
I would like to declare my personal faith that not all atheists are twats despite the bile-soaked filth that some of them smear over blogs like this one
November 21, 2006 at 9:50 AM
Anonymous
said...
In the current climate an anti-Islamic party would run foul of current (and future) hate-crime legislation. It would be perfectly legal to oppose communism, fascism, liberalism and so on, but to oppose Islamism will be a criminal offence, as the great clunking fister has made clear. You can't oppose something without persuading people to hate it, so if you want to oppose Islam you're in trouble.
didn't they say at the time that it's legally fine to hate a belief, just not 'incite hatred' against people who hold it? I remember it was the only way they could get half the amendments through the Lords...
Would make for a fascinating test-case.
November 21, 2006 at 9:50 AM
Anonymous
said...
bile-soaked filth that some of them smear....
Yes but I have a coherent point , you are just getting offended. Typical. The use of "being offended" as an active weapon is common amongst religious types. It stems from their belief that a There madness is the only sanity b Their loopy ideas have some special immunity to scorn
You will not see this pereon able to defend her indefensible position but the chances of her accepting its wrongness are nil
Sums it up . Fruitcake
November 21, 2006 at 10:00 AM
Anonymous
said...
Look no further than .....
http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/
and
http://www.secularism.org.uk/
they tell you all you need to know about the errors of mixing religion and politics ...
November 21, 2006 at 10:03 AM
Anonymous
said...
Newmania - a nun's 'thing' is called a Habit.
November 21, 2006 at 10:07 AM
Anonymous
said...
Dearie me
Newmania posts like that and complains of "freaky religious fruitcakes".
No relation to the Cardinal then.
Anyway, back to the trivia.. I thought Larndan would be swarming with pushy privileged would be Tories, clamouring to get seats in their city and home counties. whats gone wrong?
November 21, 2006 at 10:08 AM
Anonymous
said...
errors of mixing religion and politics ...
.. is like the error of mixing Thallium with lunch. Its a poison whether or not its in your sandwich
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
November 21, 2006 at 10:45 AM
Anonymous
said...
Do I now deduce from these comments that one has to be either a fully paid-up member of the National Secular Society, or a non-practising Muslim, non-practising Jew or liberal so-called 'Christian' to stand a chance of getting selected to fight a Parliamentary seat?
If this de-facto ban on genuine Christian believers had been in place a few hundred years ago, there would have been no William Wilberforce (hence no abolition of slavery), no Gladstone, and probably quite a few other greats missing.
November 21, 2006 at 1:54 PM
Anonymous
said...
I thought you wrote Philippa Stud...maybe the Wetminister North toffs were as overwrought as I am, when they turned down her kind offer.
November 21, 2006 at 2:18 PM
Anonymous
said...
I don't understand why her abortion opposition would be such a problem... Labour front bench has a few of those themselves (and not just the Member for Opus Dei North)! Given recent public anxiety over the abortion time limit it might even be a good thing.
November 21, 2006 at 10:10 PM
Anonymous
said...
The way the Tories are going today the Moslem Candidate for Westminster North will only have a chance of selection if he is, at least, a fundamentalist see Peter Tapsell.
68 comments:
Philippa Stroud is a serious God Botherer. Google her and weep for the Tories if she gets selected.
As the deleted post says, Labour will have a field day
As a Jewish resident of Bayswater I can tell you that, given the current mood, there is no way that most of the people at my local synagogue will vote for a Muslim.
Sad, but there you are.
it's a shame that Montgomerie himself is such a jesus freak.
Read some of his Britain & america blog, some amusing posts about how some foaming-at-the-mouth republican anti-abortion, anti-stem cells-research type was a hero and a wonderful man and it was a crime he lost.
He's not all god bothering, all the time, but there's a decent amount of stuff written from his (rather marginal in the 21st century) own Christian perspective.
Well it is a private blog that can be used for whatever purpose the owner likes. I don't expect that Guido would keep my posts up if he didn't like them and why should he?
I am not religious in any noticable way and yet I think abortion is too liberal and ought to be restricted. I don't think I am alone in that (except by combining the two positions). I do not see that the Conservatives are on a loser with the general idea even if this particular candidate is not right. The Tories need to get beyond North London. A lot of people would agree with that position.
anonymous 4:51. Don't know if its in the same constituency, but I would have thought the large Arab community in and around Edgware Road would comfortably offset the synagogues round Bayswater?
God works through Tim Montgomerie - surely you knew this, Guido?
That's why wee Willie Hague was going to give him his own God Office in the Number 10 basement if he'd been elected PM...
You almost long for the day when this bunch of fuckers are in power and we can sit around tearing them to shreds. It'll be great! And, we know we can count on Guido to facilitate as much arse-rapery and abuse for the Tories as he has for Labour! I just so can't wait....
More Christian Fundamentalists. Just what the world needs as a remedy to Bush and Blair...
I'd rather thought god had given up on politicians who promoted "family" values, after the kicking George Allen, Conrad Burns et al got in the US midterms.
Fight the Faith has more!
"Social justice" ??
What the fuck has that got to do with conservatism?
Unless they mean making justice a social event, i.e. having a few drinks then publicly flogging a burglar followed by an agreeable dinner.
Somehow with the bunch of arseholes who currently wear the Conservative mantle I doubt it.
Still, I can dream.
I've had enough. I'll vote for any party that pays towards me emigrating.
Gordon Alien V Predator Dave.
Whoever wins... We lose.
Bayswater. Ah we need an ex Muslim converted to Judasim married to a lapsed Catholic now attending the Greek Orthodox Church in Moscow Road whilst sending their children to the Int Russian Scool around the corner whose Headmaster is a confirmed(By Bishop Richard Dawkins) atheist.
MP/Party just give us a stable currency and decent Defence Force. Fuck the rest we can look after ourselves thank you very much.
I've always viewed flogging as a rather private affair - perhaps in the presence of a few friends, but surely no more than that..
His Grace is concerned that parliamentary candidates should be discriminated against for their religious beliefs, and he thought Mr Fawkes might have been more sensitive on the matter.
Muslim, Christian, Jewish - it should not matter a jot provided they are capable of representing their constituents without bias or prejudice. Is it really the role of a political party to proclaim on the acceptability of the faith of its candidates? Should that faith be a bone of contention in a general election? Why should a religious group not seek to promote and support its members into positions of influence?
His Grace has been here before...
Good on you Guido,The Grand Protector And Communicator.
The whole process of selection is cliquism promoting corruption of a bunch of Homosexuals hiding behind a curtain of religion and wishy washy moralistic views.
Bagshag had no need to put her awe in the selection as it was sanitised with A listers anyway and we have had a great deal of say on this one.
Talking about Haig,as Machiavelli
has,I hear gossip among the elite who are now believing that Cameron wont make it, and Haig is positioning for a second coming.
It needs to be recognized that ConHome is not an official party site, but the personal fiefdom of the self-important Mr Montgomerie.
"Haig is positioning for a second coming".
Will Ffion like this?
Indeed beebopper, whereas the party of the fuzzy tree(they all look like that after enough talcum powder) is the personal fiefdom of David Chameleon.
They will lose whoever is selected Jews vote Labour and Bayswater is awash with Darkies and other unsavoury foreign types who no doubt also vote labour, despite not being legally Pastor Crackers, that Orthodox church on rd is very fine isn't it?
There is also an immaculate Armenian chutch a little up towards westbourne grove.
I have had the lead of both of them, I prayed for forgiveness afterwards so I think Im ok godwise.
Taleban Timmy's 5 to 6 visit to the US in January and February was funded by CCHQ. He presented a report to Francis Maude on online campaigning. He therefore cannot be viewed as independent. There is no report about the Jubilee Invest Trust on Con Home. He who pays the piper....
Con Home also failed to report the arrest of former David Prior (ex Conservative MP and Party Chief Executive) on fraud charges.
18 Doughty Street is just as bad. Itb is as anti-establishment as White's Club - moronic sychophancy to POETS - posh old etonian socialites.
pmd said...
"anonymous 4:51. Don't know if its in the same constituency, but I would have thought the large Arab community in and around Edgware Road would comfortably offset the synagogues round Bayswater?"
If the local synagogue referred to here is that in Edgeware Road then you'd be amazed at just who are members - some of them remarkably influential.
Take a wander down there on a Saturday morning.
"Why should a religious group not seek to promote and support its members into positions of influence?
"
That's the crux (as it were) of the problem, Cranmer. Do their loyalties lie with (a) the electorate or (b) their party or (c) (as you seem to imply) the religious group promoting and supporting them.
Anyone who believes that the Islamifcation of Britain has grown, is growing and ought to be reversed will vote for a non-Muslim canditate at every opportunity.
Unless the spelling improves round here, we're all going to become confused.
A second coming of Haig, suggested one poster. "That's it!", I thought - "that'll make those Taleban johnnies think again. A general happy to lose just as many of our lot than their lot, and with a fecund growth of hair on his top lip that makes their attempts at moustaches look like Euan Blair."
Then another poster made reference to Ffion and all became clear.
Pity.
You think this is bad.
Wait till you see the make up of a conference that Sayeed Warsi and Dominic Grieve are going to attend.
Bomb Belts Anyone? Azzam?
Idle, glad you pointed that out. I hate misspellling.
"Anyone who believes that the Islamifcation of Britain has grown, is growing and ought to be reversed will vote for a non-Muslim canditate at every opportunity."
I have some sympathy for this. Indeed, a party specifically standing in opposition to the Islamification of the UK would probably get my vote as none of the others are worth bothering with (the Templar Party perhaps?).
However, I'm not entirely convinced that 'any' non-Muslim candidate automatically becomes preferable - just replacing one fascist god botherer with another doesn't seem particularly productive.
Most of Edgware road's muslims are in Cities of London and Westminster; the constituency boundary is the Marylebone flyover. There is a large muslim population on the council estates in North Westminster, and a not quite so large Jewish population in St Johns Wood.
Incidentally in 1910, a predecessor seat (Paddington North) was one of only two in the country where both candidates were Jewish.
Mr Hitchens Polite Request
Please keep your thieving hands off my newly laid lead roof at my modest Hereford Rd bolt hole which I periodically visit for Ugandan discussions when Mrs Crackers is resting at our GU1 residence a few miles off the A3. This house does not have a lead roof. I saw some scaffolding at the Greek Orthodox Church recently and now know why. The interior is colourful but I doubt you will be able to scrape the gilt off the ceiling.
I'm not entirely convinced that 'any' non-Muslim candidate automatically becomes preferable
Ninth Knight - you're obviously correct - there's a lot of fellow travellers around.
In the current climate an anti-Islamic party would run foul of current (and future) hate-crime legislation. It would be perfectly legal to oppose communism, fascism, liberalism and so on, but to oppose Islamism will be a criminal offence, as the great clunking fister has made clear. You can't oppose something without persuading people to hate it, so if you want to oppose Islam you're in trouble.
I'm appalled by Cranmer's naivety on this point. "His Grace is concerned that parliamentary candidates should be discriminated against for their religious beliefs" he preaches. But if the advancement of those religious beliefs is the essence (spoken or unspoken) of their platform, it will soon be illegal to resist them.
How can anyone be a Christian , or , in fact religious in any way. If god actually existed what sort of inadequate freak would he have to be to require a load of old ladies to turn and sing "Oh how big you are , oh how small am I , I crawl on my belly , you rule o`er the sky etc."
I completely disagree with Cramner of course the religion of a candidate is important I they say this is their moral core then we can judge them by it . Do a good job ? A poodle to do a good job . They have sacramental role they stand for us an they should look like us .
I had absolutely no idea that Tim Montgomery was a deranged sky fairy believer I dread to think what a load of nonsense is hidden in those words .
Jesus Christ! We at last have a hope of defeating the new Labour hypocrites and liars, and now you tell me we are using anti-abortion born-again Christians.
Maybe it is time to emigrate.....
Dont want to know about Haighs second coming. His first was too much of an anti-climax.
I had absolutely no idea that Tim Montgomery was a deranged sky fairy believer
That, of course, is the point, you moron.
Mr Montgomerie does nothing to purposely offend; neither does he Bible bash, nor does he preach. He seeks to live out his faith in the reality of the murky political world we all live in. The fact that you held him in a certain regard until you heard the appalling news that he 'was a deranged sky fairy believer' is indicative of your own ignorance and bigotry. The mere reporting of this news disturbed you, and your prejudice inclined you to defame him.
And as to the Anonymong who called His Grace 'naive', his whole blog is dedicated to exposes such religio-political agendas. His Grace is not naive on these matters; he is the epitome of enlightenment, and he assures you that the threat to the peace and safety of this Realm is not going to come from a sincere Christian who happens to oppose abortion. The enemy is not to be found among the Christians, however outlandish their beliefs may appear to the world. The enemy is among those who seek to deny those liberties for which some of us died. Open your eyes.
Some of these non christians do not want to open their eyes,Your Grace. They only want to open their arses to be buggered by a another tory.
Dr crackers
I cant help it Im a Gypsy.
As to the gilt I have a special tool adapted from a Black&Decker paint stripper and a Henry vacuum cleaner that removes it a treat.
I purchased it from my cousin Barry "Scott "of Cillit Bang fame, his real name is Barry Hitchens,Scott is his stage name, we threatened to kill him if he used our good name to sell kitchen cleaning products.
Should any of you who live within a 3 mile radius of Hyde park have any scrap metal, antiques or curios you wish to dispose of please let me know.
Cash up front no questions asked.
I agree with The blogger above -Haig and his plotters are aiming for a new objective,as I have seen and heard a few positioning movements.I also agree,Ffion wont be too happy with his new positioning.
Cameron and Gaybo George are also about to be found out as a one time confidante is about to blow the trumpet.--Drugs or Sex or both?
And to those that bash his grace..
He may be both a pompous and pedantic twat on occasions but he has heart and sincerity and writes beautifully, something apparent even to a proudly knuckle dragging Philistine such as myself.
Having said that never allow him near fire lighters and matches.
what would the preacher's wife make of these divine interventions...
www.divine-interventions.com
Cranmer
On the whole, I'd agree with you and would much rather elect a Christian schooled in the western classical liberal tradition, than an Islamist.
However, when you say that the enemy is among those who seek to deny our liberties, the fact is that that group includes Christian fundamentalists who would impose their own morality onto others. The issue of abortion has already been mentioned but it is far from being the only one, eg stem cell research.
And just for devilment:
"the threat to the peace and safety of this Realm is not going to come from a sincere Christian who happens to oppose abortion"
Really? It has in the past, as I'm sure our host could remind you.
Just announced on ConHome that Jo Cash has been selected.
Montgomerie rightly pulled the comment as it made points that could not be validated about candidates close to a poll. That is why he monitors the candidates section closely, as there is above average motivation to defame.
He denies that it was to do with the abortion views of Stroud. These have been left uncensored by him in a previous thread. He thinks Guido's manufacturing a story, which misses the target. Pull.
Wrong Tapestry. There were only three assertions in the original post that Montgomerie pulled.
1) Tariq Ahmad is a Muslim - FACT
2) Phillipa Stroud is a born again Christian - FACT
3) Ms Stroud is vocally anti-abortion - FACT.
Yet Timmy claimed there were facts in the post he couldn't verify.
Which one Timmy? You admit that Ms Stroud is a friend of yours so you already know all about her political and religious views. So what was it? Perhaps you thought Tariq Ahmed might be a Buddhist?
The alternative explanation, one that Guido, with his fine nose for hypocrisy, spotted is that the post also pointed out that when the Labour Party started Googling Philippa Stround and discovered her background they would have a field day.
Timmy didn't like that - might put off the selectors of Westminster North from choosing his companion in Christ. So he pulled the post.
Sadly, he was busted by Guido!
anon 12:12
you are a cunt FACT!
Montgomerie wrote - It is true I am a friend of Philippa Stroud and would like to see her selected but I did not censor criticism of her pro-life views on an earlier thread (hyperlinked). Guido is looking for a scandal where there is none.
It seems a bit odd to be trying to make this into a big deal.
Peter Hitchens - cunts are useful.
anonymong 12.12:
You conveniently miss out the other assertion in the (your?) original censored comment on conservativehome.com, namely that the third candidate referred to on the shortlist was a hardworking local councillor and would be perfect for the seat.
The truth of this assertion was no doubt in the mind of the selectors who didn't agree.
Perhaps you should be more careful when bad-mouthing candidates to blogs from your blackberry whilst in public...
Didn't any Zoroastrians make it to the A list?
Mr Manfarang,
No indeed, and neither did any plain old Protestants.
Who the fucks Jo Cash?Where's the pictures?That Mel Stroud looks like a good looking woman.
Gosh your metropolitan gossip is small.
As if in the great scale of political things, it matters a jot which middle class brat gets his or her way in Norf Londan.
As to religion, as Scots know, its either Popery or Calvin. The rest is background chatter.
Guido, you've made certain statements in the last two days and horror of horrors, I find myself agreeing. On my own miniscule blog I'd just posted on exclusivity, getting sucked in and abandonment and you wrote, over at Bryan's:
Usually those in the know have political or journalistic ambitions. You get sucked into the system and/or marginalised.
You've hit the nail on the head and now I can see exactly where you're going.
Be careful what you drink Guido.................thallium is toxic.............he who sups with the Devil you know.............Vlad The Bad is Watching !
I'm with Calvin....I like the underwear....as well...
Keep religion out of politics and the state - it creates conflicts.
“Moron “, Cramner ? Anachronistic or are you tired of your faux identity ? I am.
You feel that carrying the comforting belief in a big invisible friend into adult hood is harmless. I do not , and fetishising the hippy conjuror ( wine water …just like that ! ..) , is even worse .
Firstly you say it is private madness and no-ones business. Suppose , for example I wished to spend nights twizzling my pubic hair into a scale model of the NotreDame . Harmless, you say. Bonkers say I and I do not believe such loons can be let loose on legislation. Common sense really .
Secondly the religiosity has direct implications over a range of issues connected with women and family . This morning I read the Church is opposing new gay rights law . Well they would. Suppose I wish to feast on the body of the gorgeous golden Nubian boy Hitchens , would you prescribe our languorous afternoons of sherbet and absinthe ? Probably , he’ll miss them .
Christianity is undemocratic,. I don`t mean the default protestants who believe in nothing . I mean the actual supposition that there is a divine authority above that of man . In this country as main stream Anglicanism became secular the association of Popery and despotism was spot on . They rejoice in that fact we are ruled by the new Holy Roman Empire none of whose members have any liking for secular parliament.
It is no coincidence that Fawkes was a religious moonbat and traitor who wanted to blow up the Houses of Parliament . I want to keep it and return to it the power it has lost . Religious people will tend to regard such distinctions as small.
The only reason loons and fairy worshippers are harmless is because they dare not show themselves , but that is down to us not them . Cramner , you hid your true goals for years staying alive twisting turning ( hiding your Teutonic bint ) . In the back of your mind you were waiting… waiting for your moment . Freaky religious fruitcakes are just like that . They never give up , they never change their mind . They must be reminded at all times they are unwanted parasite on the glorious secular tradition of parliament court and free English men .
Yes , the religious convictions of a candidate are important . Oaf Cramner !
oops got a bit carried away . Better get back to usury
Peter Hitchens - cunts are useful.
According to Christians they are a loathsome necessity. Another reason to be against them .The nuns ..um thing .. and the burqa look the same because they had precisely the same role. Over a thousand years ago an alien eastern religion washed up on these shores where the free thinking Anglo Saxons w ere enjoying Winter blow out complete with babes and mead and they changed it to “Christ masse eeeek “. It has taken a thousand years to change it back into what it was and now .. guess what . A new collection of deluded monotheists want to change it to Winterval so they aren’t offended . Here we go again …..they are all the same and the only reason Christians and Mooslims look different is because most Christians are not really anything .
Stick that up your cowl Cramner
...and Calvin is a paedophile whose underwear shoudl be burnt , as should he .Get it from a nice Jewish shmutter stall M and S.
I would like to declare my personal faith that not all atheists are twats despite the bile-soaked filth that some of them smear over blogs like this one
In the current climate an anti-Islamic party would run foul of current (and future) hate-crime legislation. It would be perfectly legal to oppose communism, fascism, liberalism and so on, but to oppose Islamism will be a criminal offence, as the great clunking fister has made clear. You can't oppose something without persuading people to hate it, so if you want to oppose Islam you're in trouble.
didn't they say at the time that it's legally fine to hate a belief, just not 'incite hatred' against people who hold it? I remember it was the only way they could get half the amendments through the Lords...
Would make for a fascinating test-case.
bile-soaked filth that some of them smear....
Yes but I have a coherent point , you are just getting offended. Typical. The use of "being offended" as an active weapon is common amongst religious types. It stems from their belief that
a There madness is the only sanity
b Their loopy ideas have some special immunity to scorn
You will not see this pereon able to defend her indefensible position but the chances of her accepting its wrongness are nil
Sums it up . Fruitcake
Look no further than .....
http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/
and
http://www.secularism.org.uk/
they tell you all you need to know about the errors of mixing religion and politics ...
Newmania - a nun's 'thing' is called a Habit.
Dearie me
Newmania posts like that and complains of "freaky religious fruitcakes".
No relation to the Cardinal then.
Anyway, back to the trivia.. I thought Larndan would be swarming with pushy privileged would be Tories, clamouring to get seats in their city and home counties. whats gone wrong?
errors of mixing religion and politics ...
.. is like the error of mixing Thallium with lunch. Its a poison whether or not its in your sandwich
Do I now deduce from these comments that one has to be either a fully paid-up member of the National Secular Society, or a non-practising Muslim, non-practising Jew or liberal so-called 'Christian' to stand a chance of getting selected to fight a Parliamentary seat?
If this de-facto ban on genuine Christian believers had been in place a few hundred years ago, there would have been no William Wilberforce (hence no abolition of slavery), no Gladstone, and probably quite a few other greats missing.
I thought you wrote Philippa Stud...maybe the Wetminister North toffs were as overwrought as I am, when they turned down her kind offer.
I don't understand why her abortion opposition would be such a problem... Labour front bench has a few of those themselves (and not just the Member for Opus Dei North)! Given recent public anxiety over the abortion time limit it might even be a good thing.
The way the Tories are going today the Moslem Candidate for Westminster North will only have a chance of selection if he is, at least, a fundamentalist see Peter Tapsell.