Gordon's Away-Day on News 24

83 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What was the editorial judgement made here by the BBC when Gordon's people proposed "A day in the life of Gordon Brown"?"

Well, one can't imagine any connection with the unfinished TV Tax review...

Anonymous said...

Has he grasped the back of his thighs,strained forward and been heard to mutter 'just another inch,just another inch.'(mouth gape) yet?

Anonymous said...

He has such a lovely smile, perhaps he is wearing Fiery Jack.

Anonymous said...

I think Guido's being very unfair.

You don't have to see anything of Gordon Brown in order to despise him more and more.

Anonymous said...

Gordon's performance today is toe-curling embarrassingly awful. I should enjoy it but I had to switch off. It was THAT bad.

Anonymous said...

"The more you see of Gordon the more you despise him" - It's manifest scientific fact.

MorrisOx said...

Broon's boys struck a neat sweetheart deal with the Beeb on this one. Regionals weren't told.

Honkingly smelly, I'd say.

Anonymous said...

A fiver on beckett for leader Guido?

Anonymous said...

Anon:

"The more you see of Gordon, the more you despise him.

It's manifest scientific fact."

Yes, I believe it's known , in scientific circles, as GORDON'S LAW. As dependable as the third law of thermodynamics.

Anonymous said...

'Gordon's Glacial Face'
-I've seen it on posters.
A waste of advertising space,as known by all pollsters
He lacks charm and wit as his face bears testament
A personality bypass,a politicians lament.
A Gargoyle from Argyle would have been nice
But Fife!His(presence)!cuts any conversation like a knife.

Anonymous said...

It's those poor children I feel sorry for. Just when they thought scary Halloween was over they get Gordon doing a pretty good imitation of a badly carved pumpkin grinning at them.

Anonymous said...

His smile was like the silver plate on a coffin.

Anonymous said...

My opinion of him was already low, but picking up from an earlier post, the first time I saw him at the Manor House dinner in his lounge suit, it was cemented beneath a snake's belly for good. Rude (to his hosts), contemptuous (to all the other attendees), arrogant (to hold his world-view above all other considerations), preening, smug, c*nt.

Joshua Lyman said...

Check out this great blog for excelllent comment and political analysis...

www.101greatblogs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

William Norton
Spot on. How right you are.

Anonymous said...

If what I have heard oft repeated about Gay Gord's predilection for boys of an uncertain age when he was a well-known attendee of Edinburgh's steam-rooms(he was then warmly known as Uncle Gordon!), he should be on a certain offenders' list and definitely not allowed close contact with children - British Airways please note!

Anonymous said...

"Bullshitting continuously, refusing to answer any questions of substance. "

so copying Cameron?

Anonymous said...

Poor sods, they've got a Charter to think about don't forget...

Anonymous said...

I've got a lesson at 3 - where's the fucking caption comp?

Anonymous said...

Are his teeth still yellow beneath the bleach?

I predict that he will go down like a shit filled baffoon with women voters.

Anonymous said...

Streety, what's the lesson you're giving? Is it at a Ladies' Finishing SChool?

Anonymous said...

I have 2d at 3:00. 55 minutes on Charles Stewart fucking Parnell and the fucking bastarding Land League.

Anonymous said...

Cut to the chase and tell them about Kitty.

Anonymous said...

I don't care - I wish one of them had fucked Davitt.

Anonymous said...

Kitty - phowoarrr, bit of a goer. I leave that to the end, show 'em that big fuck-off gravestone. I reckon it's the best gravestone evah.

Anonymous said...

Down and out propaganda; the Beeb should be ashamed of the bias and favouritism that it is displaying in breach of its charter.
As for watching News24, i would think that the odd viewer will be throughly sickened by the display.
Perhaps the Beeb can sell it to North Korea and give Kim Jong-Il some tips on the use of TV as propaganda.

Anonymous said...

Those kids are gonna have nightmares

Anonymous said...

I'm staring at them right now - they're doing a 'surprise revision test'.

Anonymous said...

Ask Gordy this one:

On May 1st 2007 it will be the 300th anniversary of the Act of Union between England and Scotland. The Scottish Executive has planned a ‘year of celebration’ but as yet we have heard nothing from any of the mainstream English parties. Are we celebrating?

Strange silence on this one.

Anonymous said...

It is a scandal that News 24 are only giving us but a single day to view our glorious future leader.

How are we to learn about his hidden intellectual depth and famed sense of humour with on a day of coverage.

Let us pray that the fair and just arbiters of the BBC news will allow for us to learn even more about his eminence in the days to come.

Anonymous said...

migsuk:

Betfair looking good value for a punt on Labour. No way on earth is Cameron going to beat Brown in a contest. Coke snorting Tory toff vs. safe pair of hands. The people on this blog are delusional.

Anonymous said...

Mr Street
You sir are a disgrace!
If you are a typical teacher no wonder our education system is in ruins.
Get yourself tooled up.
The next one who gives you lip gets taken to the front of the class and executed as an example to the others.
It worked in my day and it certainly wouldn't do any harm for today's young folk to learn a little self control via severe punishment.
If death is too harsh lift them up by their ears or sideburns, gives everybody a good laugh and you can go home knowing that you have made a difference.

P Hitchens

Anonymous said...

Re anon 3.33

If the two current threads are anything to go by I would think Lab spin doctors would tread carefully before dealing in outrageously unfair allegations and innuendos from the past.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Hitchens, you fucking psychopath.

Anonymous said...

The dinner ladies seem to have bought the genteel Gordon.

Anonymous said...

migsuk:

It isn't really an innuendo is it? If accusing the Tory leader of taking coke is an innuendo - what consists a slur?

And I'm no spin doctor.

Still Cameron's support slipping away... (and whilst a politically motivated witchhunt goes on against the PM).

Anonymous said...

Steambaths aside, what does anyone know about the compromising pics/info that sleazeball Prescott was claimed to have on our glorious leader and his 'oppo Gord? This snippet can be the only explanation why a cretin can be foisted on us - the poor taxpayers!

Sorry to be so vitriolic but I have my auditors in - I pay them but they now work for nulab and take careful note of anything I say that might well be of interest to their true employers - what have we come to?

Anonymous said...

Safe pair of hands? That's a rather interesting way of describing a man who singlehandedly destyroyed our pensions industry.

Anonymous said...

Migsuk:

A lot is spoken about Gordon Brown having “destroyed” our pensions system, however the most authoritative writer on the subject, Anatole Kaletsky of the Times, wrote on the 19th October:

“Financiers just keep repeating the dishonest reasons, even though they know them to be false. Anybody with a thorough understanding of pensions knows that Mr Brown’s “tax raid” was not the root cause of the industry’s demise. Occupational pensions and life assurance were destroyed by foolish court judgments and well-meaning but misconceived regulations under the Thatcher and Major governments.”

There is substantially more in the national pension pot now (even if uprated with average earnings) than in 1997 - and with the enourmous increase in property prices under the Chancellor you lot despise so much, I think the middle classes will retire quite comfortably.

Anonymous said...

Brown is just letting us spend ourselves into keeping the economy going.A debt fueled growth phase.When it's over he'll have had his time as PM and salved his ego.

kinglear said...

Whoever anonymous migsuk is is as daft as Kaletsky. The judgements etc have nothing to do with the present pensions problem. It is down to two things only - GB stealing billions ( add it up - he's kept more than £100b) and the new pensions regime Nulabour put in place which required utterly insane assumptions to be used to calculate liabilities. This forced the pensions funds to flog off billions and billions of equities at the bottom of the slump and buy Government stock when interest rates were low. What has happened now? Er, as interest rates rise, bond and gilt prices decline. So the pensions have had a double whammy - no rise from equities and a drop from gilts.
So don't pretend it was anything to do with BT ( before Tone) - like everything thing else he and his idiots have touched they have ruined aperfectly good system

Anonymous said...

Brown's a shit... Always has been. I seriously doubt he's had an original thought in his life. I'm glad I live in France.

Anonymous said...

Guido has a very good point here. The print and broadcast media, if they wished to, could totally wreck Brown's hopes of the leadership even at this late stage, even just by bringing the contents of Tom Bower's biography to wider attention - not least the blind trust story that featured on this very website this week.

But they don't. They indulge him. Makes you wonder if their support has been bought in some way by Team Brown. A bit like most of the spineless members of the Cabinet (and Charles Clarke) who openly hate him, but publicly go on about what a 'towering' figure he is and how they all want to see him as leader.

I'm not so annoyed about the Cabinet's capitulation to him, because they'll all be gone after the election anyway if Brown is leader. But the BBC sucking up to him and showing him with that sinister and embarassing smile for a whole day - thats something else.

The way Brown has ensured that everyone takes it for granted that he will be the next leader is almost scary. You'd think that at least the media would relish the prospect of a decent contest.

The thought of ever voting Labour again, let alone pushing leaflets through doors for them is utterly unimaginable to me as long as Brown is still around. I'm just living in hope of a scandal appearing in the next few months to utterly destroy him politically.

Anonymous said...

migsuk:

Kinglear: "Brown stealing billions".

I think one of my favourite things in life is when rightwingers use the phrase "steal" when they mean to use "redistribute": I prefer it to Spring and glucose. But only marginally in the case of glucose.

Anonymous said...

Dear MIGSUK

RE: the Smith Institute ; please ameliorate our understandin g of this charity , and the issued it raises with regard to a possible abuse of office by your beloved Chancellor , all ears......

Anonymous said...

Brown's so-called "economic miracle is all smoke and mirrors based on vast amounts of unsustainable debt thrown away on a consumer spending frenzy and backed by a house price bubble.

Watch as the property bubble begins to burst leaving economic carnage for many already drowning in debt.

Brown won't be being described as a "safe pair of hands" after the shit hit's the fan leaving the Tories to walk the next election after which they'll have to clear up Brown's mess.

Anonymous said...

quote: "I'm just living in hope of a scandal appearing in the next few months to utterly destroy him politically."

There's plenty of skeletons in Gay Gordon's cupboard.

Perhaps Mandelson will release the rocking-horse pictures?

Anonymous said...

Migsuk:

I know Guido likes to think that think-tanks are shadowy units that undermine our civil society, but if think-tanks worked in the same non-transparent manner that the City does it would cause a scandal worth investigating. Moreover, UK lobbying is such a low key rather quaint activity, if people knew how generally dull (and not corrupt) our political system was, a lot more people would vote. Guido is just another blog feeding apathy, resentment and the decline of our political parties' membership, sadly.

Anonymous said...

Did Gordon force British people to take on too much debt - or did individuals decide to borrow too much money?

Are the Tories on this board backing away from laissez-faire? I suppose with the Tories showing SWP banners on WebCameron, more unlikely things have happened.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before William Hague describes the War on Terror as a 'zionist conspiracy' and we have Cameron hugging rapists.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous at 5.44pm.....
Feck off Miliband, you swivel-eyed fuckwit and stick to yer own blog!

Guido Fawkes said...

Stirring up "apathy, resentment and the decline of our political parties' membership". Guido's mission statement summed up!

This is an anti-politics blog.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Gordon Brown's brother a big cheese in the upper echelons of the BBC? Did he have a hand in today's ill-advised hyping of the Chancellor? (which is already backfiring BTW)

Forget Blair, perhaps we should rename it the Brown Broadcasting Corporation.

Anonymous said...

migsuk:

Dear Guido,

BP (Beyond Petroleum) seem to be doing a better job of sticking to their mission statement, than you are yours.

Of your last 10 posts: -

7 are openly critical of Labour
1 is critical of neo-conservatives in the US
2 are about Labour but are neither critical, nor not critical.

0 are about the Conservative party.

To what extent is this "anti-politics" or anti-Labour?

Anonymous said...

This isn't the place for balance. Have you tried the BBC?

Anonymous said...

migsuk:

Listening to your own voice in an echo is fun - but not worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

I can't bear to watch the BBC24 advertising feature on Brown, after enduring Kay Burley sucking him off on Sky and Bel Mooney reeming his arse in The Times a couple of days ago.
What next? A Mark Oaten interview conducted from under a glass-topped coffee table?

Anonymous said...

bebopper said...
What next? A Mark Oaten interview conducted from under a glass-topped coffee table?

We all know Gay Gordie's into some weird shit but I don't think it includes coprophilia.

Anonymous said...

Bebopper

You are still in kindergarten. If you are man enough for rough sex watch the vid of Pollyanna servicing Brown. Percy Filth in the extreme. You have been warned.

Anonymous said...

Robinson, Brown's financial mentor, shagged Madame Joska in return for her millions which were put into Orion Trust (Jersey) which funded Brown's office. In return Brown appointed Robinson Paymaster General. Brown then fucked the pensions industry by removing ACT = £100bn. His ISA's a complete flop. This man is a fucking moron driven by class hatred and a self loathing possibly driven by ambivalent sexual orientations. The retired pornographer and serial liar, Campbell was being kind to describe him as pyschologically flawed. He is fucking barking. He is our next PM. Rejoice all NuLab fuckwits.

Anonymous said...

Brown is a dangerous megalomaniac.

Straight after that BNP fellow's acquital today, Brown comes on the BBC to say how awful it is to see him found not guilty and how he's going to get the law changed so they can nail him next time.

Believe me, we do not want to see this self-obsessed, embittered lunatic as our next Prime Minister.

Anonymous said...

Of course 'anti-politics' these days has to be equated with anti-Labour.

Well you cant really take Ming's mob or the Krafty Khameleon seriously, can you?

AntiCitizenOne said...

I think one of my favourite things in life is when victims of muggings use the phrase "steal" when they mean to use "redistribute".

/sarcasm

the above is why leftists are allways love criminals, their whole philosophy is criminal.

socialism kills

AntiCitizenOne said...

"Did Gordon force British people to take on too much debt - or did individuals decide to borrow too much money?"

I hate to say it as a supporter of free-markets but some people have borrowed far too much (and some banks will regret lending far too much).

So much so I would be in-favour of debt-licensing i.e you cannot borrow until you have passed a test saying you can work out compound interest and what debt really is (i.e. selling your future). If you've passed the test and you borrow too much then "on your head be it". If you borrowed without a license then you shouldn't have to pay any interest.

Debt when used carefully by people who understand it has a massive benefit. When used the way Grodo has to create a massive fall in house affordability to keep the public thinking we have economic growth (when after removing delta-debt we don't).

Anonymous said...

I want to see Gordon's rocking horse pictures!! Is he really wearing a nappy?

Anonymous said...

"migsuk:

Kinglear: "Brown stealing billions".

I think one of my favourite things in life is when rightwingers use the phrase "steal" when they mean to use "redistribute": I prefer it to Spring and glucose. But only marginally in the case of glucose."

I love it when Brownites use the word "re-distribute" when what they really mean is "steal".

Anonymous said...

For many years Brown would take his summer vacation in Provincetown, Mass. He and his friends had such a good time he could hardly wait to get back there. A few local residents retain lovingly preserved holiday snaps of Gordon enjoying himself hugely, which will be worth a small fortune when he becomes PM, but would be worth a good deal less if published too soon. Money will talk - but timing matters, too.

Anonymous said...

'A few local residents retain lovingly preserved holiday snaps of Gordon enjoying himself hugely...'

I bet they're not as good as the rockin horse pics.

Come on Mandy, gizza butchers!

Anonymous said...

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE ROCKY HORSE PICKS, GUIDO
Bet they are as rare as Rocky Horse Sh*t

Anonymous said...

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE ROCKY HORSE PICKS, GUIDO

Are these the ones where Gordon is said to be wearing a nappy? How do you know that Guido has copies?

Anonymous said...

The point about the Provincetown pics is that the CIA also have copies, and this is why Gordon can be relied on to toe the line as promptly as Tony does.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
The point about the Provincetown pics is that the CIA also have copies...

So do the News of the Screws. Murdoch's got Gay Gordie over a barrel...ooh er vicar!

Anonymous said...

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that the majority of Scots now wish Scotland to divorce from the rest of Britain. As long as they're not proposing to leave their bastard offspring in our custody then good luck to them.

Anonymous said...

Brown is promising to become "Terror Overlord" if he becomes PM. How comforting.

Anonymous said...

Lilith said...
Brown is promising to become "Terror Overlord" if he becomes PM.

Over John Reid's dead body!

Now watch these two dinosaurs fight over the corpse of this Government.

Anonymous said...

I'm Scottish and I detest Brown. He's from my neck of the woods and yet I think he's a cunt. I hate this authoritarian government and I want I want Scotland to be ruled by the Scottish, and England to be ruled by the English.

You can have your country as far as I care.

Anonymous said...

This is hardly breaking news from News 24.

Sky have done this 'day in the life of Gordon' at least twice in the past year.

Still, means they'll be lots of nice stock footage of him smiling and doing 'bloke' things to use in the obits someday.

Anonymous said...

In the "News of the World" Fraser Nelson has a piece in his column about rumours circulating about Gordon Brown's health. Anyone seen the piece and know what it is referring to?

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting! Has he been treated for 'psychological flaws' perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Corday said...
In the "News of the World" Fraser Nelson has a piece in his column about rumours circulating about Gordon Brown's health. Anyone seen the piece and know what it is referring to?

Aversion therapy for homosexuality...electric shocks on the genitals while looking at photos of rentboys, freezing cold showers etc.

It hasn't worked though, poor old Gordon's still mincing and pouting like some raddled old queen from Canal Street.

John Reid's gonna make mincemeat of him.

Anonymous said...

Why do people say Gordon Brown is gay. How can he be when he's married with two kids?

Anonymous said...

re Anonymous said...
Why do people say Gordon Brown is gay. How can he be when he's married with two kids?
Dont be so fecking dim

Why do you think he married ?
Looks much better than wearing a nappy on a rocky horse in the gay capital of the USA
But I am just joking..

well maybe
But honey you are Alistair Campbell, and I claim my £5

Anonymous said...

But honey you are Alistair Campbell, and I claim my £5

Well that's where you're wrong big boy because I'm really Peter Mandelson, but you can call me Mandy ;-)

You're not Brazilian by any chance?

Anonymous said...

If anyone was to know that Gordo looked off his tits on E it would be guido, with his oh so blameless past......


...ahem....