Suffragettes Died for This...?

73 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares? They'll all be gibbering on about completely different topics at the same time, only listening to themselves... you know what women are like! ;¬)

Hedgy said...

Looks like a high heels job guys!....
Ever since May decided we were the 'nasty party' I would have gladly have had her put down...pierced in her prime buy leopard skin stillettos

Anonymous said...

6:30-8:30 pm !!!
Who is getting their husbands dinner ready ?
Probably his mistress whilst this bunch of middle aged harridans and the terminally single look at come fuck me shoes over a glass of luke warm Chardonnay and pointless chit chat. wouldnt suprise me for one minute if Cameron were to turn up and bask in some adulation,he probably wears those shoes at home, the girl.

Anonymous said...

These aren’t women. When Peter Mandelson created NuLabour’s Pol Pot style Year Zero he made sure the party was largely composed of gormless girlies, aka Blair’s Babes, whose gratitude for attaining office beyond their capabilities ensured their slavish support for any and every crackpot initiative/policy proposed by the No. 10 kitchen cabinet. The only things they’ve achieved in the last 10 years is a reduction in working hours, in-house child care and the fluffification of ladies lavatories.
The Tories, with Francis Maude’s hand on the tiller, have decided that they too need some waste-of-space cyphers who will not interfere with matters of state.

Anonymous said...

Which all goes to show that by and large, give or take, hither and yon, MEN AND WOMEN HAVE A DIFFERENT SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!

Every woman attending will have probably done 15 tasks properly that day, whilst men have been having committee meetings to discuss an outline plan for a possible subject paper on just one issue.

I suggest taking away the vote from men, and seeing what sort of country we end up with.

Anonymous said...

This, after the women-only breakfast at the Conference as well.

Jenkin really does want her wimmin to be taken seriously. What about an evening of Bra-burning

I can't wait for the Totty Report mind. All those posh K&C A-list birds in high heels. Wowza

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they havn't combined the whole thing with an Anne Summers Party, now that's the way to gather votes!!.

Hedgy said...

there, I told you ...there are leopards everywhere in the high street...Primark is stuffed full of them...purrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

How about a "politics and shooting" day for the gentlemen?

Or "politics and racing"?

Anonymous said...

Desperate Dan said...

These aren’t women. ...Blair’s Babes, whose gratitude for attaining office beyond their capabilities ensured their slavish support for any and every crackpot initiative/policy proposed by the No. 10 kitchen cabinet.

Well that's an undeniably accurate description of Hazel Blears anyway. Top marks for observation.

Anonymous said...

Is Ruth Kelly a woman?

Hedgy said...

is the Pope Catholic....

Anonymous said...

I think that the late Miss Emily Davison (1872-1913) demonstrated to the satisfaction of most sensible men that the only shoes suitable for a political woman are horse-shoes.

Anonymous said...

judith said...
Which all goes to show that by and large, give or take, hither and yon, MEN AND WOMEN HAVE A DIFFERENT SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!

Every woman attending will have probably done 15 tasks properly that day, whilst men have been having committee meetings to discuss an outline plan for a possible subject paper on just one issue.

I suggest taking away the vote from men, and seeing what sort of country we end up with.

3:15 PM

Judith, we know what sort of country we will end up with, with women in charge. Hazel Blears, Leslie Kelly, Pat Hewwey, Dawn Primula and don't forget the LOVELY Patricia Spewitt et feckin' al.
I don't believe that an intelligent person like you really wants these crones to be empowered.

You used to post under the name Barmey, nothing's changed go and make us a cup of tea love! Oh and get me dinner on, it's snooker tonite!

Anonymous said...

The girls will no doubt have Rabbiting on the agenda as well.

Anonymous said...

the only shoes suitable for a political woman are horse-shoes.
Some could also do with a bit in their mouth to keep them quiet.
Everything that is wrong with politics is due to its feminisation, all that touchy feeling crap.
We didnt build an empire on paternity leave and gay rights.

Anonymous said...

judith said...
Which all goes to show that by and large, give or take, hither and yon, MEN AND WOMEN HAVE A DIFFERENT SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!

Every woman attending will have probably done 15 tasks properly that day, whilst men have been having committee meetings to discuss an outline plan for a possible subject paper on just one issue.

I suggest taking away the vote from men, and seeing what sort of country we end up with.

3:15 PM

By the way Jude, you won't mind if I call you Jude, the C&A label in your knickers is to indicate which way round you put 'em on! Don't get it wrong or you'll be walking backwards all day.
Where's my dinner?

Anonymous said...

"An evening of shoes, shopping and politics"
Sounds good to me, hope you passed the invite to Mrs Fawkes.
As for suffragettes died for this? what the hell did you think they told their menfolk they were doing when they were plotting to win the vote, "Yes dear, just off to chain myself to the houses of Parliment"??!!
Underestimate these tory women at your peril!

Anonymous said...

Are the shoes made out of Tupperware?
Still, it gives the distaff side a chance to get together for a moan - something they're very good at, I've noticed.

Anonymous said...

Next month ... an evening of rice and peas and Bob Marley exclusively for our Afro-Carribean candidates ...

... in case the party hasn't got quite patronising enough yet.

Anonymous said...

Imelda Marcos liked shoes I believe.

Are these weird people trying to tell us something?

Anonymous said...

If this is politics....beam me up scotty!

Anonymous said...

No, No, No, they're Ann Summers shoes and they vibrate whilst you're at work keeping them mmmmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
If this is politics....beam me up scotty!

4:18 PM
Nah, politics is banned here, wit and wisdom only!

Anonymous said...

Patsy - Teresa May without the 'h' is a porn star. Apparently.

Disillusioned and Bored said...

Doesn't seem to be much wrong with this. LK Bennett is a shoe maker (cobbler?) after all. It would be a bit different if they were having the meeting at a place that was entirely unrelated to the people who were going to be hosting it, but this seems fine.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't these conservative saps be happier curled up on the sofa with some ben and jerry's and a copy of 'Bella'?

Anonymous said...

will any lesbians be going?

Anonymous said...

It's a 'totty report' opportunity

Praguetory said...

Why can't I say that Tim Montgomerie seems like a great bloke on the Thanet South thread?

Anonymous said...

captain morgan said...
will any lesbians be going?

4:32 PM

Lesbians, Sir, in British politics?Only a pirate and bounder could think such a thing!

I'll have you keelhauled for this!
(In a deep voice)

Anonymous said...

But who's going to submit the bloody report?? I'm certainly not volunteering! We need to insinuate a cross-dresser.

Anonymous said...

captain morgan said...
will any lesbians be going?

4:32 PM
You're a rum character and no mistake! Lesbians, in government? Aha Jim Lad, I'll have you keelhauled for this! Fifteen men on a dead man's.......

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the women2win banner on the Tory site depicts lithe and attractive models, whereas the actual website reveals that they are all about 90 and look like the back ends of a fleet of decommissioned routemasters? Anyone?

Anonymous said...

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

Why don't you boys pipe down, start up 'Men2Win' and hold a Politics and Porn night or something.

fjl said...

I am a victim of malice and corruption at Special Branch and at local police level. Please would you all put a link to my recent post on your blogs please. The blogpost is called 'I am a victim of malice and corruption'

Anonymous said...

Co-Chairmen
Theresa May MP
Brooks Newmark MP

Treasurer
Anne Jenkin

Advisory Board
Sandra Burling
Lady Fiona Hodgson
Eleanor Laing MP
Maria Miller MP
Baroness Trish Morris
Shireen Ritchie
Caroline Spelman MP
Peter Viggers MP
Talk about tokenism, just one man on the board.
Although he is probably a wise cove who thinks he stands a chance of some extra pussy amongst all those women, he also looks rather like David Davis so I am probably right.

Owen Blacker said...

If it gets more people involved in politics, who cares how tacky it looks to our eyes?

Anonymous said...

Did someone not say David Cameron was more a flip-flop man? who knows, maybe, maybe not.
Don't know where that story started either.

AntiCitizenOne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AntiCitizenOne said...

Here's Teresa Mays website!

http://teresamay.com/ She's wearing a leapard skin top. I can't see her shoes.

janestheone said...

wish I could go - and by the way suffragettes did not die for this, women had shoes before we had the vote. Anyone see Theresa at the Eric Forth memorial do? She looked fantastic. She has only once been upstaged in the shoe department, and modesty forbids me from saying by whom - they were leopard-print high-heel mules (the ones I was wearing) and it was four years ago.

Anonymous said...

I am a CONSERVATIVE however I will not be supporting the Cameroonie W2W.I have long held this view along with its policy side of the A list.
For those of you whom are not sure of my stance there is many like me.Why are we languishing 3% ahead in the polls?
I think they are a load of embittered and twisted "old" women who will not appeal to the electorate.
Face it all you real MEN you have been outmanouvered by these women,gays,lesbians,bum boys,totties,cronies, nott hill brigade,etonites,transexists and a cling of other weirdos who have hi-jacked the party.
We will have to wait for the hung parliament and the resultant shake out.

Anonymous said...

There there, "hacked off tory".
There there.

Martine Martin said...

I cannot tell you how much that advert pisses me off (as a Tory woman).

On one side they say they're committed to helping more women to make it in politics and on the other they're making out women are a bunch of shoe-obsessed airheads. How patently moronic can you get?

Anonymous said...

Patsy - the usual mnemonic is:

Theresa May, Teresa Certainly Will

Anonymous said...

There are a great feeling amongst Tories as I feel that In Like Flynn does not get the point that I am being Polite-- I did really mean Etonshites.
As for the spelling,in this game of politics,corrections to the english and punctuation is not important- after all we did just want crosses xx in correction.
If yu do not lik my speling do be carful as I am of foren oregen And i will have yu up for dicrimination.

Anonymous said...

These days EP if she had survived, would have been arrested for endagering the well being of the horse.

Sadly for feminists women ARE mostly shoe and "free lunch" obsessed airheads as most men are mostly sport and pussy obsessed blockheads. Only a hater of human beings in general (ie socialists) would have a problem with this. I dont.

Anonymous said...

Hacked off tory
I am not to sure there is anything that can be done about this problem as it has been going on far longer then you may think.

Married men generaly dont have the time for politics and their women folk would not trust then out of their site for long if they had. Lets face it I cant blame my wife for that.

Married women with kidds dont even have time for their husbands never mind politics and still dont. Any reasonable married man with kidds also cant blame their wives for that either.

All "normal" working class people dont have time for politics full stop

Nothing gives me the feeling that this situation will change any time soon.

Anonymous said...

"they're making out women are a bunch of shoe-obsessed airheads"

Sadly this claim is not without truth.

Anonymous said...

You're a fat sexist pig Guido.

Anonymous said...

all these cliches about women and shoe fetishes stemmed from where may I ask?
I'll tell you what: it's a cunning plan to dupe us men into feeling secure and in control this pretending to be airheads chained to the kitchen sink business is a bit too handy for my liking.
Dont believe a word of it they're outtagetcha ._ my exclamation marks jammed again.

Anonymous said...

We exist to steal sperm and wear great shoes....

TaxCutter said...

At least if Theresa May is talking about shoes then you won't have to listen to her talk nonsense about politics

Julian said...

I disagree, it's not so much that she talks 'nonsense', since she is quite erudite. It's just that she, like so many of this current crop of Conservatives (both male and female) are so terribly, crashingly BORING!

Anonymous said...

Julian
I agree but crashingly boring would be a very accurate description of all our current bunch of politicians, the big question is why in this Media obsessed age is it so?

Could it be that people that see politics as a good job rather then a personal nead to add something to the lives of other people are always boring.

Quote
You make a living from what you do, you make a life from what you give to others.
Winston Churchill

Hedgy said...

I was a politician once, then I met God..... who apparently was working for South West Trains at the time. He's a good guy, fixed me up with a car parking season ticket it Haslemere!
Hallioooooya...and not a leopard skin bothel creeper in sight...

Anonymous said...

gary powell 7.33pm

you're right Gary - married women with kids (and jobs) don't usually have time for politics but they may do if they have a rich husband ( a tax lawyer would be ideal) who can not only finance the nannies/domestic help,an extensive wardrobe and entertainment of influential people but also takes care of all those boring bits of household finance like complex mortgage refinancing.

Anonymous said...

This kind of thing absolutely enrages me!

GOD, but this is infuriating!!!

Jesus!

Fucking!

Christ!


those are ugly shoes.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, who invented a time machine to bring the neanderthals back to life on this thread?

Some of the misogynists on here must find it exhausting to be so angry all the time.

Anonymous said...

Face it all you real MEN you have been outmanouvered by these women,gays,lesbians,bum boys,totties,cronies, nott hill brigade,etonites,transexists and a cling of other weirdos who have hi-jacked the party.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha what a prick.

just coz no-one fancies you, Eton wouldn't let you within a mile of Windsor and you can't afford to live in Notting Hill.

Anonymous said...

Melissa Bean said:"Some of the misogynists on here must find it exhausting to be so angry all the time."

True - but, to tie two disparate parts of the thread together, Teresa May starred in the video for The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" which remains the only pop song so offensive it killed the makers' careers dead.

On the other hand it made them wads of money.

So there's clearly a career in it isn't there?

Anonymous said...

It's a fundraiser and social - why do people think its any more flippant and frivolous than a night at the races or getting drunk or well... a scotch whiskey reception - except they are more male activities so no one slags them off... Good grief!

Archbishop Cranmer said...

Hedgy said...
is the Pope Catholic....


Indeed, indeed. His Grace has been preoccupied with this profound question for five centuries.

It is becoming easier to answer than 'Is the Tory Party Conservative?'

Anonymous said...

An Evening of shoes?

Trust Guido to put the boot in!

Anonymous said...

Cranmer
If you want an answer to your own question, this may give you a clue.

The Conservative party is not conservative and has not been for at least my lifetime. It is and has long since been the only REAL liberal party there is in Britain.

Read any books by Churchill Burke Thatcher Heath or Magor just for starters, it will help. Try talking to several Tory party activists or failing this have a chat to DC for which 70 odd per cent or the Conservative party membership voted for to be their leader.

Quite simple really. I personaly am a Libertarian which is a difficult thing to be at the best of times, so right now I am having a perfect nightmare. I vote Conservative because I dont have any alternative whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

Cranmer
I thought you died a long time ago in a rather nasty way.

Forgive me for asking one question I have always wanted to ask someone like you. "Did it hurt much?"

Anonymous said...

'
Dear Senor Gisoad 2:43

The Nation faces the night-mare vision of irate Birkenstock-wielding un=Grammatical Anarchists led by that fashionable Free-Spirit la colonielle Demoiselle la Regen=Coaster - bursting in on these riches Tory ladies, harmlessly relishing their expensive foot=wear & raising funds to support the cause of Motherhood & Apple-Pie

Now is the time for all good men to step forward in aid of the Party

I salute your nobly standing (the best hope of our Nation) in protection of all the Ladies and Children & small animals [stoats, weasels, prawns and other small deer) against such attacks on the Beloved Country's Grammar

Tot siens & Alles Gute

G Eagle

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but I'm always grammatical, biatch, and I cannot afford, and would not wear if I could afford, Birkenstocks. Besides, they make horrible weapons, having cork soles.

The cruellest thing I could do to these women would be to allow them to buy these Ugly Bridesmaid shoes.

Anonymous said...

'
Ah, Regencoaster, within your current financial restraints, de Vaderland may presently be safe from Regencoast-owned Birkenstocks

... but this is not an occasion for Complacency --- what about your Birkenstock-armed followers, converted to your fashionable inspirations

... and how many Birkenstocks will you acquire forthwith upon clearance of your first salary cheque, when (as will inevitably happen) your Blogging talents by a discerning Employer

Your obedient servant etc

G E

Anonymous said...

...err .... verdammt .....

Mr Eagle meant :

your Blogging talents ARE TAKEN UP by a discerning Employer

Anonymous said...

I won't buy Birkenstocks: they're too ugly and overpriced. My followers do not wear Birkenstocks: they wear steel-toed shit kickers.

What shoes will I buy with my first paycheque? Probably Hi-Teks, because they're waterproof and we've entered Noah season over here. If you see the sun, say hi for me and tell him I'll see him in June.

Anonymous said...

No knickers!!!

Sounds like my kind of party. Yippeee