Head above parapet there Guido, you are a braver man than I
July 3, 2006 at 1:21 PM
Anonymous
said...
GO GUIDO!! Yeh the cover is breaking and risk is low now. Let her sue, it has to be false for that tactic to work. Do we know when the Mail is going to drive the nail into the coffin. Can I just thank everyone at the Mail and assure them that I will buy their paper for a month in appreciation. Get lost Prescott you useless mound of blubber. Will he blow the whistle on the bodies under number 10? Oakeshott from the Bastille, 13 July...
July 3, 2006 at 2:02 PM
Anonymous
said...
"You can tell it is a big story because Nick Robinson is ignoring it"
So true!
July 3, 2006 at 2:08 PM
Anonymous
said...
Nick Robinson may be ignoring the story but the BBC's Daily Politics had some fun with a blustering Lord Snape, who claimed that Prescott and Anschutz met to dicuss William Wilberforce and that Prescott should be granted the same degree of license as 'rutting aristocrats'.
Strictly speaking, and how they like to rely on nice lawyerly distinctions, Prescott didn't award the Dome contract to Anschutz. That was done by Charlie Falconer; however "the pair shared a coffee during last summer's [2002's] parliamentary recess because the American needed to be reassured that Mr Prescott would not unpick a deal originally made with Lord Falconer when he was dome minister."
July 3, 2006 at 2:08 PM
Anonymous
said...
Can I just thank everyone at the Mail and assure them that I will buy their paper for a month in appreciation
*Vomits*
July 3, 2006 at 3:06 PM
Anonymous
said...
I sincerely hope that the Fat Oaf remains in government for as long as possible.
An excellent way to demonstrate Labour's total contempt for everybody - especially the poor stupid plebs that still vote for them.
On the other hand, if he does decide to be resigned, I don't think he'll go quietly.
Vile, acrimonious bloodbath?
I can't wait for the bodycount.
July 3, 2006 at 3:54 PM
Anonymous
said...
I'm with you,Rog. It's going to be bloody. I'm putting the Champagne on ice right now!
July 3, 2006 at 4:09 PM
Anonymous
said...
Guido, as you're almost next door - any chance of getting a quote on the matter from Commissioner Mandelson?
I'm sure poor John would appreciate his sympathy and support in such difficult times.
Particularly as Mandy seems to be less enamoured of Brussels lately and may well be looking for job opportunities back home.
Wouldn't that be fun!
July 3, 2006 at 4:17 PM
Anonymous
said...
This really must be big. The last post from Nick Robinson's web log was 30 Jun 06, 01:05 PM. Since then, deafening silence
July 3, 2006 at 4:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
Is john prescott still the minister in charge of petite penis policy?
If Prescott survives until the next meeting of Greenwich Council, I think I'll be putting down some questions of my own - they have already tried to surpress a report about the effects of the Dome Casino plan. I'm broadly in favour of the idea, but the danger is the Govt don't dare award it to us in Greenwich now...
July 3, 2006 at 5:10 PM
Anonymous
said...
Nick Robinson must have crossed the floor. Wasn't he Chairman of Macclesfield YCs back in the early 80s?
July 3, 2006 at 6:32 PM
Anonymous
said...
Nick Robinson has defo crossed the floor. Why else would the top BBC politics man fail to ask how Tessa was positively vetted while married to Don Silvio's money launderer? Obviously if Prezza goes, Tony could go - leaving Gordon to die a thousand deaths at the hands of Cameron. Not something the meejah left lib collective would allow to gain traction without a prisming plan in place.
July 3, 2006 at 7:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
Great work, Guido! You are right to name Rosie Winterton now that she has become a Privy Councillor. Thanks for that, I really mean it. Thanks.
I am sorry to be course (no Im not) but do they seriously expect us to believe that Anschutz is really interested in hearing what some fat oaf has to say about long dead anti slavery campaigner?
July 3, 2006 at 8:13 PM
Anonymous
said...
Oh, my mistake, I thought Cousin Barrington said NICHOLAS Winterton.. Oh my goodness.
July 3, 2006 at 8:21 PM
Anonymous
said...
To "Peter Hitchens": Yes, they do expect people to believe it.
Incredibly, that's how stupid they really think we are, and how out of touch with reality they are.
I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY would care to discuss ANY subject (let alone political history) with NuLab's very own Jabba the Hutt lookalike.
Let's face it, "our John" is hardly a towering intellect, is he? If we are to believe the story, the billionaire must have been desperate to say the least.
PS: well done Guido - more balls than the rest of the meeja could muster.
July 3, 2006 at 8:37 PM
Anonymous
said...
Rog
When you have won three elections in a row and help Ministerial office perhaps then come back and make some comments. Until then yours are worth jack shit
July 3, 2006 at 8:48 PM
Anonymous
said...
Ah. The Fan Club (anon 8:48) is getting a bit twitchy. Yes - Blair the organ grinder has wonder three elections, but his monkey, capering and gibbering, basking in reflected glory, what would he have won on his own I wonder?
July 3, 2006 at 9:24 PM
Anonymous
said...
A madman issuing orders to non-existent legions while corpulent, multi-chinned henchmen gorge themselves in final frenzies of greed. Ah, history.
July 3, 2006 at 9:46 PM
Anonymous
said...
Prescott may deserve all he gets on other fronts but he does have a genuine interest in William Wilberforce, one of his distant predecessors as an MP for Hull; Hull is also one of the cities marking the 2007 bicentennial of the parliamentary abolition of the slave trade due to its Wilberforce connection.
July 3, 2006 at 10:11 PM
Anonymous
said...
Prescott deserves to suffer for being such an unpleasant oaf. I hope he's slowly lowered into a shark tank.
July 3, 2006 at 10:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
While Guido drinks rose, Winterton goes to the Privy (but she won't be there for long).
July 3, 2006 at 11:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
His departure has been inevitable for a few months now, staff in his office have been preparing for the transition already whilst shitting bricks with the Rosie thing. It should be noted Prescott is also eager to make sure the next DPM isn't female, looks like a job for AJ
July 3, 2006 at 11:04 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said... Rog
When you have won three elections in a row and help Ministerial office perhaps then come back and make some comments. Until then yours are worth jack shit
So which one are you, Anonymous? Tony Blair or Jack Shit?
July 3, 2006 at 11:27 PM
Anonymous
said...
who's Nick Robinson?
July 4, 2006 at 1:03 AM
Anonymous
said...
You don't spell it Shit, you spell it Straw - I know they are synonyms, but you need to get right one, or else the House of Commons switchboard slam the phone down.
July 4, 2006 at 1:18 AM
Anonymous
said...
To the 8:48 Anonymong...
Are you seriously claiming that it was Jabba Prescott wot won the last three elections for Labour? (I don't understand the "help Ministerial office" bit - do you mean helping himself?)
Alas, your attitude of "fuck you, pleb" seems to nicely prove the point that Labour and their misgided (or in your case, deranged) supporters hold everyone else in utter contempt.
Finally, I was unaware that I required a cabinet position in order to hold a point of view. Is that legislation we can expect in the near future from our guardians of liberty?
July 4, 2006 at 2:17 AM
Anonymous
said...
"Anonymous said... Prescott deserves to suffer for being such an unpleasant oaf. I hope he's slowly lowered into a shark tank.
10:51 PM"
How bloody cruel - what have sharks ever done to you?
I wouldn't inflict lowering John Prescott onto anyone - but its surprising what some people will do for a promotion!!!
…As the afternoon sun shone, the political temperature rose at the next visit to Doncaster. Candidate Rosie Winterton, an old friend of John’s, met him off the bus….
July 4, 2006 at 8:29 AM
Anonymous
said...
There is an old story that likens making love with a very large Tory MP friend of Prince Charles as having a wardrobe topple onto you with the key in the keyhole.With Prescott the key is missing.
July 4, 2006 at 8:43 AM
Anonymous
said...
Out of interest would the key to any lawsuit against Guido hang on the allegation that the Daily Mail have the story, as opposed to the story actually being true. I am not sure that knowing a newspaper having a story is libel. Sounds like fact to me.
July 4, 2006 at 9:22 AM
Anonymous
said...
Anon 8.43am
How do you know that the key is missing ?
July 4, 2006 at 9:23 AM
Anonymous
said...
The Tories Hugo Swire has asked questions, asking for a list of all the people on the trip. Could be interesting!
July 4, 2006 at 9:40 AM
Anonymous
said...
re anon 7:12 How can the bbc ignore it ? al-beeb Conservative rebutal and denial unit has been earning their corn lately - they look to be preparing to switch horses to the lib dems and put up a very spirited show of blowing a realistically limited lib dem improvement out of all proportion, whilst deflecting attention from the cataclysmic implosion of their current paymasters.
July 4, 2006 at 10:03 AM
Anonymous
said...
DATE: Wednesday 27th April LOCATION: Burton-upon-Trent, Ilkeston, Gedling
Accompanying his old friend, and local candidate, Alan Meale, John met some of the residents. ‘You can feel the warmth, when you walk into these new places’, John said. ‘But it’s not just the new central heating, it’s the warmth generated by people being happy in their homes.’ John failed to mention, however, his own homemade recipe for generating warmth -- furiously shagging his secretary, and the taxpayer, at the same time.
July 4, 2006 at 10:07 AM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous said: How do you know the key is missing?
Why would a man use viagra if the key was not missing?
I have just spotted the Evening Standard's headline, "DOUBLE BLOW FOR PRESCOTT"
I wasn't previously aware that he "had" Tracey and Rosie at the same time!
July 4, 2006 at 2:44 PM
Anonymous
said...
pulsar, was your comment earlier, using the phrase "pregnant silence" deliberate??
prescott, tracey and rosie.... that reminds me, I must look into renting a bouncy castle for a party (but not one shaped like a corpulent, hairy northerner with cupidesque undercarriage though)
Remember the seminal Small Faces album, (Ogdens Nutgone Flake ?). It had a track on it "Rosie The Dockers Delight". Seems like it could be the track for departmental discos. It was very very apt, all about "if you've got the money and the need", sums 3 shags up perfectly.
Appropos 'unblock his tackle' I believe Masters and Johnson had advice for those with a line and length problem. Service your maiden doggy style. I cannot vouch for the efficiacy of the method.
July 4, 2006 at 5:03 PM
Anonymous
said...
From wikipedia: "After working for four years in the private sector, as MD of Connect Personal Affairs, Winteron returned to serve under John Prescott in 1994."
Perfect turn of phrase.
July 4, 2006 at 5:30 PM
Anonymous
said...
Hey guys the Daily Mail has an article on Page 6 today noting that two more lovers "An MP and a diplomat" have been named on the internet. Any clues to who the diplomat is?
July 4, 2006 at 5:43 PM
Anonymous
said...
I have just posted this message on nick robinsons bbc blog:
The primeminster whilst giving an assured and confident performance is as ever incapable of tackling even the most basic of issues.
I think the media give him a free ride, their are certain new media sites such as guido and Iain dales site who have highlighted further areas in the prescott saga involving possible problems in relation to prescott's interpretation of the ministeral code.
Whilst i would not expect some of the more salacious rumour to make it's way into your broadcasts nick. I think you or your editors are letting the public - the hand that indirectly feeds you down.
You have become a poodle to number 10.
If they don't show it then they really are blairs poodle. I suggest everone pasts what they try to blog their here and we can see what they sensor - if guido does not mind!!!
I know it has been alluded to above, but mesuspects you have just created front page news with the whole Prezza story - I would threaten Associated with Lawyers, however - they described you as a late 30-something Right Wing Tory Activist..... :-D
Hiatory, none the less - Blogosphere now not just setting news agendas but creating front pages.....
July 4, 2006 at 8:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
Good coverage on C4 news tonight. They even alluded to the fact that "the blogs are buzzing" with stories of another extra-marital affair. It's only a matter of time ...
July 4, 2006 at 9:06 PM
Anonymous
said...
With a name like that she sounds more like a candidate for Mr Oaten's attentions.
I assume there will be several First Secretaries at the Beijing embassy, each specialising in a different subject area.
July 4, 2006 at 9:28 PM
Anonymous
said...
Now, now I spy strangers - I'm sure Oaten won't share mistresses/masters(?) with Prescott... if they did, then that really would be a scoop!
July 4, 2006 at 9:30 PM
Anonymous
said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
July 4, 2006 at 9:40 PM
Anonymous
said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
July 4, 2006 at 9:46 PM
Anonymous
said...
I believe that this is the first time that Nicola Willey has been named - I think this counts as another scoop for the Guido website!
July 4, 2006 at 9:48 PM
Anonymous
said...
BBC News at Ten has covered the Anschutz story - but still ignores his affairs. I have posted a reply calling for the affair allegations to be broadcast on The Editors BBC Blog, but I expect it will be censored...
July 4, 2006 at 10:21 PM
Anonymous
said...
Whatever happened to the comment originally submitted between the two of mine at 9.06 and 9.28 p.m.?! Have the libel lawyers been on to you, Guido?
July 4, 2006 at 10:55 PM
Anonymous
said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
July 5, 2006 at 9:49 AM
Anonymous
said...
A move from being a Cabinet Minister's private secretary to a First Secretary in 5 years is in no way "amazing".
July 5, 2006 at 10:35 AM
Anonymous
said...
Prezza and the New Labour PR machine have firmly been denying the casino story. However, the ODPM is responsible for settiing up and appointing members of the Urban Development Areas. In 2003 ODPM set up a UDA which includes the Dome site.
This raises a second question, has Prezza influenced planning in dockland? The answer is yes the ODPM intervened through the then LDDC to impose a design of Greenwich new LDR station against the wishes of the local planning authority and English Heritage. The company that built the LDR station and a new very boring shopping centre was a company called Centros Miller.Centros Miller is very close to New Labour and now busily undertaking controversial developments up and down the country, with ODPM support?
July 6, 2006 at 9:25 AM
Anonymous
said...
Rosie is described as "an old friend of John's":-
http://www.labour.org.uk/jpbattlebus
July 7, 2006 at 2:31 PM
Anonymous
said...
Regarding the other affairs, do you reckon the Mail on Sunday will print the driver's story tomorrow or hold off until Tony's holiday next month. Tomorrow would twist the knife but August would create some interesting questions: who takes charge is DPM stands aside? Chancellor or Party Chair - can anyone help?
Cheers. PS. Nice blog though, got me looking for similar ones and I finally found why Prince Charles got that Injunction bak in 2003: I'd totally forgotten about that - God bless the inkernet!
July 8, 2006 at 6:48 PM
Anonymous
said...
If Rosie Winterton has been having an affair with John Prescott was it before, during, or after the time she was a minister at the Lord Chancellor’s Department? When she was at the LCD she launched the government’s response to the Hart Report, “Moving Forward Together”, which included proposals for grants to charities providing marriage preparation services and other programmes to strengthen couple relationship stability. Was she, in fact, herself at that time busily undermining it? Is she fit to be a government minister now in the Department of Health? Or does it not matter if a minister in the DOH is/was closely connected with a serial philanderer? Maybe the other DOH ministers will be working extra hard to stop the spread of STI's?
72 comments:
Head above parapet there Guido, you are a braver man than I
GO GUIDO!! Yeh the cover is breaking and risk is low now. Let her sue, it has to be false for that tactic to work. Do we know when the Mail is going to drive the nail into the coffin. Can I just thank everyone at the Mail and assure them that I will buy their paper for a month in appreciation. Get lost Prescott you useless mound of blubber. Will he blow the whistle on the bodies under number 10? Oakeshott from the Bastille, 13 July...
"You can tell it is a big story because Nick Robinson is ignoring it"
So true!
Nick Robinson may be ignoring the story but the BBC's Daily Politics had some fun with a blustering Lord Snape, who claimed that Prescott and Anschutz met to dicuss William Wilberforce and that Prescott should be granted the same degree of license as 'rutting aristocrats'.
Strictly speaking, and how they like to rely on nice lawyerly distinctions, Prescott didn't award the Dome contract to Anschutz. That was done by Charlie Falconer; however "the pair shared a coffee during last summer's [2002's] parliamentary recess because the American needed to be reassured that Mr Prescott would not unpick a deal originally made with Lord Falconer when he was dome minister."
Can I just thank everyone at the Mail and assure them that I will buy their paper for a month in appreciation
*Vomits*
I sincerely hope that the Fat Oaf remains in government for as long as possible.
An excellent way to demonstrate Labour's total contempt for everybody - especially the poor stupid plebs that still vote for them.
On the other hand, if he does decide to be resigned, I don't think he'll go quietly.
Vile, acrimonious bloodbath?
I can't wait for the bodycount.
I'm with you,Rog. It's going to be bloody. I'm putting the Champagne on ice right now!
Guido, as you're almost next door - any chance of getting a quote on the matter from Commissioner Mandelson?
I'm sure poor John would appreciate his sympathy and support in such difficult times.
Particularly as Mandy seems to be less enamoured of Brussels lately and may well be looking for job opportunities back home.
Wouldn't that be fun!
This really must be big. The last post from Nick Robinson's web log was 30 Jun 06, 01:05 PM. Since then, deafening silence
Is john prescott still the minister in charge of petite penis policy?
If Prescott survives until the next meeting of Greenwich Council, I think I'll be putting down some questions of my own - they have already tried to surpress a report about the effects of the Dome Casino plan. I'm broadly in favour of the idea, but the danger is the Govt don't dare award it to us in Greenwich now...
Nick Robinson must have crossed the floor. Wasn't he Chairman of Macclesfield YCs back in the early 80s?
Nick Robinson has defo crossed the floor. Why else would the top BBC politics man fail to ask how Tessa was positively vetted while married to Don Silvio's money launderer? Obviously if Prezza goes, Tony could go - leaving Gordon to die a thousand deaths at the hands of Cameron. Not something the meejah left lib collective would allow to gain traction without a prisming plan in place.
Great work, Guido! You are right to name Rosie Winterton now that she has become a Privy Councillor. Thanks for that, I really mean it. Thanks.
No writs yet?
I am sorry to be course
(no Im not)
but do they seriously expect us to believe that Anschutz is really interested in hearing what some fat oaf has to say about long dead anti slavery campaigner?
Oh, my mistake, I thought Cousin Barrington said NICHOLAS Winterton.. Oh my goodness.
To "Peter Hitchens": Yes, they do expect people to believe it.
Incredibly, that's how stupid they really think we are, and how out of touch with reality they are.
I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY would care to discuss ANY subject (let alone political history) with NuLab's very own Jabba the Hutt lookalike.
Let's face it, "our John" is hardly a towering intellect, is he? If we are to believe the story, the billionaire must have been desperate to say the least.
PS: well done Guido - more balls than the rest of the meeja could muster.
Rog
When you have won three elections in a row and help Ministerial office perhaps then come back and make some comments.
Until then yours are worth jack shit
Ah. The Fan Club (anon 8:48) is getting a bit twitchy.
Yes - Blair the organ grinder has wonder three elections, but his monkey, capering and gibbering, basking in reflected glory, what would he have won on his own I wonder?
A madman issuing orders to non-existent legions while corpulent, multi-chinned henchmen gorge themselves in final frenzies of greed.
Ah, history.
Prescott may deserve all he gets on other fronts but he does have a genuine interest in William Wilberforce, one of his distant predecessors as an MP for Hull; Hull is also one of the cities marking the 2007 bicentennial of the parliamentary abolition of the slave trade due to its Wilberforce connection.
Prescott deserves to suffer for being such an unpleasant oaf. I hope he's slowly lowered into a shark tank.
While Guido drinks rose, Winterton goes to the Privy (but she won't be there for long).
His departure has been inevitable for a few months now, staff in his office have been preparing for the transition already whilst shitting bricks with the Rosie thing. It should be noted Prescott is also eager to make sure the next DPM isn't female, looks like a job for AJ
Anonymous said...
Rog
When you have won three elections in a row and help Ministerial office perhaps then come back and make some comments.
Until then yours are worth jack shit
So which one are you, Anonymous? Tony Blair or Jack Shit?
who's Nick Robinson?
You don't spell it Shit, you spell it Straw - I know they are synonyms, but you need to get right one, or else the House of Commons switchboard slam the phone down.
To the 8:48 Anonymong...
Are you seriously claiming that it was Jabba Prescott wot won the last three elections for Labour? (I don't understand the "help Ministerial office" bit - do you mean helping himself?)
Alas, your attitude of "fuck you, pleb" seems to nicely prove the point that Labour and their misgided (or in your case, deranged) supporters hold everyone else in utter contempt.
Finally, I was unaware that I required a cabinet position in order to hold a point of view. Is that legislation we can expect in the near future from our guardians of liberty?
"Anonymous said...
Prescott deserves to suffer for being such an unpleasant oaf. I hope he's slowly lowered into a shark tank.
10:51 PM"
How bloody cruel - what have sharks ever done to you?
I wouldn't inflict lowering John Prescott onto anyone - but its surprising what some people will do for a promotion!!!
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:HVxODB4rOeAJ:www.labour.org.uk/jpbattlebus+rosie+winterton+prescott&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=8
29th April…
…As the afternoon sun shone, the political temperature rose at the next visit to Doncaster. Candidate Rosie Winterton, an old friend of John’s, met him off the bus….
There is an old story that likens making love with a very large Tory MP friend of Prince Charles as having a wardrobe topple onto you with the key in the keyhole.With Prescott the key is missing.
Out of interest would the key to any lawsuit against Guido hang on the allegation that the Daily Mail have the story, as opposed to the story actually being true. I am not sure that knowing a newspaper having a story is libel. Sounds like fact to me.
Anon 8.43am
How do you know that the key is missing ?
The Tories Hugo Swire has asked questions, asking for a list of all the people on the trip. Could be interesting!
re anon 7:12 How can the bbc ignore it ?
al-beeb Conservative rebutal and denial unit has been earning their corn lately - they look to be preparing to switch horses to the lib dems and put up a very spirited show of blowing a realistically limited lib dem improvement out of all proportion, whilst deflecting attention from the cataclysmic implosion of their current paymasters.
DATE: Wednesday 27th April LOCATION: Burton-upon-Trent, Ilkeston, Gedling
Accompanying his old friend, and local candidate, Alan Meale, John met some of the residents.
‘You can feel the warmth, when you walk into these new places’, John said. ‘But it’s not just the new central heating, it’s the warmth generated by people being happy in their homes.’
John failed to mention, however, his own homemade recipe for generating warmth -- furiously shagging his secretary, and the taxpayer, at the same time.
Anonymous said: How do you know the key is missing?
Why would a man use viagra if the key was not missing?
See "What the Main on Sunday Didn't Print"
http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2006/05/exclusive-what-mail-on-sunday-didnt.html
Is Prezza still a Union-sponsored MP ?
BTW Guido - do you have any info on the girl in the Ann Summers ad ?
I am rather taken with her and the offer of free P&P is enticing.
Yes G! At long last...
Anonymouse said:
"...I hope he's slowly lowered into a shark tank."
A tank of piranhas would be better.
Slowly winched into place ontop of a poor squirming creature in need of rapid promotion!
Lay back and think of future large pay packets!
It's gone very quiet hasn't it?
I have just spotted the Evening Standard's headline, "DOUBLE BLOW FOR PRESCOTT"
I wasn't previously aware that he "had" Tracey and Rosie at the same time!
pulsar, was your comment earlier, using the phrase "pregnant silence" deliberate??
prescott, tracey and rosie....
that reminds me, I must look into renting a bouncy castle for a party (but not one shaped like a corpulent, hairy northerner with cupidesque undercarriage though)
BBC finally reports...
BBC - Pressure for Prescott on casinos
Remember the seminal Small Faces album, (Ogdens Nutgone Flake ?). It had a track on it "Rosie The Dockers Delight". Seems like it could be the track for departmental discos.
It was very very apt, all about "if you've got the money and the need", sums 3 shags up perfectly.
or rather, un-block his tackle?
Interesting standard article....
More on the BBC coverage of the story from the ed of Political News.
Appropos 'unblock his tackle' I believe Masters and Johnson had advice for those with a line and length problem. Service your maiden doggy style. I cannot vouch for the efficiacy of the method.
From wikipedia:
"After working for four years in the private sector, as MD of Connect Personal Affairs, Winteron returned to serve under John Prescott in 1994."
Perfect turn of phrase.
Hey guys the Daily Mail has an article on Page 6 today noting that two more lovers "An MP and a diplomat" have been named on the internet. Any clues to who the diplomat is?
I have just posted this message on nick robinsons bbc blog:
The primeminster whilst giving an assured and confident performance is as ever incapable of tackling even the most basic of issues.
I think the media give him a free ride, their are certain new media sites such as guido and Iain dales site who have highlighted further areas in the prescott saga involving possible problems in relation to prescott's interpretation of the ministeral code.
Whilst i would not expect some of the more salacious rumour to make it's way into your broadcasts nick. I think you or your editors are letting the public - the hand that indirectly feeds you down.
You have become a poodle to number 10.
If they don't show it then they really are blairs poodle. I suggest everone pasts what they try to blog their here and we can see what they sensor - if guido does not mind!!!
the bbc website is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2006/07/preventing_extr.html
Brian Clough? He did that ages ago...
Guido
I know it has been alluded to above, but mesuspects you have just created front page news with the whole Prezza story - I would threaten Associated with Lawyers, however - they described you as a late 30-something Right Wing Tory Activist..... :-D
Hiatory, none the less - Blogosphere now not just setting news agendas but creating front pages.....
Good coverage on C4 news tonight. They even alluded to the fact that "the blogs are buzzing" with stories of another extra-marital affair. It's only a matter of time ...
With a name like that she sounds more like a candidate for Mr Oaten's attentions.
I assume there will be several First Secretaries at the Beijing embassy, each specialising in a different subject area.
Now, now I spy strangers - I'm sure Oaten won't share mistresses/masters(?) with Prescott... if they did, then that really would be a scoop!
I believe that this is the first time that Nicola Willey has been named - I think this counts as another scoop for the Guido website!
BBC News at Ten has covered the Anschutz story - but still ignores his affairs. I have posted a reply calling for the affair allegations to be broadcast on The Editors BBC Blog, but I expect it will be censored...
Whatever happened to the comment originally submitted between the two of mine at 9.06 and 9.28 p.m.?! Have the libel lawyers been on to you, Guido?
A move from being a Cabinet Minister's private secretary to a First Secretary in 5 years is in no way "amazing".
Prezza and the New Labour PR machine have firmly been denying the casino story. However, the ODPM is responsible for settiing up and appointing members of the Urban Development Areas. In 2003 ODPM set up a UDA which includes the Dome site.
This raises a second question, has Prezza influenced planning in dockland? The answer is yes the ODPM intervened through the then LDDC to impose a design of Greenwich new LDR station against the wishes of the local planning authority and English Heritage. The company that built the LDR station and a new very boring shopping centre was a company called Centros Miller.Centros Miller is very close to New Labour and now busily undertaking controversial developments up and down the country, with ODPM support?
Rosie is described as "an old friend of John's":-
http://www.labour.org.uk/jpbattlebus
Regarding the other affairs, do you reckon the Mail on Sunday will print the driver's story tomorrow or hold off until Tony's holiday next month. Tomorrow would twist the knife but August would create some interesting questions: who takes charge is DPM stands aside? Chancellor or Party Chair - can anyone help?
Cheers.
PS. Nice blog though, got me looking for similar ones and I finally found why Prince Charles got that Injunction bak in 2003: I'd totally forgotten about that - God bless the inkernet!
If Rosie Winterton has been having an affair with John Prescott was it before, during, or after the time she was a minister at the Lord Chancellor’s Department? When she was at the LCD she launched the government’s response to the Hart Report, “Moving Forward Together”, which included proposals for grants to charities providing marriage preparation services and other programmes to strengthen couple relationship stability. Was she, in fact, herself at that time busily undermining it? Is she fit to be a government minister now in the Department of Health? Or does it not matter if a minister in the DOH is/was closely connected with a serial philanderer? Maybe the other DOH ministers will be working extra hard to stop the spread of STI's?
http://www.pcc.org.uk/news/index.html?article=NDAyNw==