I see that Mr Anshutz (also known as the 'Saviour of the East End) has cancelled his next meeting with dear old JP. Apparently he he has been scared off by the media frenzy. I would have thought that someone who was doing such a great public and noble service for the starving, unwashed, poverty stricken and downtrodden natives of that far off outpost of the old Roman Empire would have ignored the media frenzy and carried on doing the lords work regardless. Oh well! there goes another nice gent that I have misjudged.
July 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM
Anonymous
said...
He is probably busy chucking rocks at gays or something like that!!!
"Gus O’Donnell conceded that the civil servants who accompanied the Deputy Prime Minister “should have” declared in their departmental register the two-night stay at the ranch of Philip Anschutz, the owner of the Millennium Dome, but he refused to give their names, saying that he did not believe it is was “necessary or appropriate”."
Hmmm... I wonder why the names of the three other civil servants won't be divulged?
Any female travelling companions?
July 8, 2006 at 10:57 PM
Anonymous
said...
Or any who have a direct influence on the licence of the new super casino?
July 9, 2006 at 1:16 PM
Anonymous
said...
I had a look at the story of Prescott's visit to Greeley on some of the local papers websites. Some of the comments sent in about the articles, seem to give the impression that Anshutz is about as popular in Greeley, as Prescott is over here.
July 9, 2006 at 2:20 PM
Anonymous
said...
All these "dobbing-in" requests, along with a bit of right-wing spin makes it look as though you're running a privatised version of East Germany here!
July 9, 2006 at 7:04 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous of 7:04 PM. They are not dobbing-in requests - they are invitations to whistle-blow on a corrupt, mendacious, and thoroughly nasty Government that is progressively turning what used to be a free country into a surveillance state, albeit a hopelessly ineffective one (courtesy of all the social 'science' graduates who have been climbing the greasy pole over the past 30 years, and a Civil Service that is by its military 'chain-of-command' structure institutionally incapable of adapting to the complexity of the modern world). I am beginning to think that living in East Germany would be preferable. At least there it was the criminals who feared a bullet in the back of the neck, instead of the victim expecting a knock at the door if they dare to defend themseves.
July 10, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Anonymous
said...
Whoops, sorry must have hit a nerve there. I think they got the dobbing rate up to 1 in 3 in East Germany, how fares the Thatcherite version?
9 comments:
A few whistles are already blowing
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2261059,00.html
I see that Mr Anshutz (also known as the 'Saviour of the East End) has cancelled his next meeting with dear old JP. Apparently he he has been scared off by the media frenzy. I would have thought that someone who was doing such a great public and noble service for the starving, unwashed, poverty stricken and downtrodden natives of that far off outpost of the old Roman Empire would have ignored the media frenzy and carried on doing the lords work regardless.
Oh well! there goes another nice gent that I have misjudged.
He is probably busy chucking rocks at gays or something like that!!!
Incidentally, according to The Times...
"Gus O’Donnell conceded that the civil servants who accompanied the Deputy Prime Minister “should have” declared in their departmental register the two-night stay at the ranch of Philip Anschutz, the owner of the Millennium Dome, but he refused to give their names, saying that he did not believe it is was “necessary or appropriate”."
Hmmm... I wonder why the names of the three other civil servants won't be divulged?
Any female travelling companions?
Or any who have a direct influence on the licence of the new super casino?
I had a look at the story of Prescott's visit to Greeley on some of the local papers websites. Some of the comments sent in about the articles, seem to give the impression that Anshutz is about as popular in Greeley, as Prescott is over here.
All these "dobbing-in" requests, along with a bit of right-wing spin makes it look as though you're running a privatised version of East Germany here!
Anonymous of 7:04 PM. They are not dobbing-in requests - they are invitations to whistle-blow on a corrupt, mendacious, and thoroughly nasty Government that is progressively turning what used to be a free country into a surveillance state, albeit a hopelessly ineffective one (courtesy of all the social 'science' graduates who have been climbing the greasy pole over the past 30 years, and a Civil Service that is by its military 'chain-of-command' structure institutionally incapable of adapting to the complexity of the modern world). I am beginning to think that living in East Germany would be preferable. At least there it was the criminals who feared a bullet in the back of the neck, instead of the victim expecting a knock at the door if they dare to defend themseves.
Whoops, sorry must have hit a nerve there. I think they got the dobbing rate up to 1 in 3 in East Germany, how fares the Thatcherite version?