I don't think Brown will win; however I have no bleeding idea who will.
May 22, 2006 at 9:42 AM
Anonymous
said...
Cameron............"Go Blue-Green-Red"
Vote Cameron for Coalition
May 22, 2006 at 10:15 AM
Anonymous
said...
I'd always thought Brown minced slightly, but 'Extraodinarily Camp' is going a bit far is it not?
May 22, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Anonymous
said...
Jack Straw - he's looking for a knife on eBay as we speak.
May 22, 2006 at 11:41 AM
Anonymous
said...
I like Reid to succeed (or at least challenge) in many ways.
But would the 'missing weekend' with Karadzic not preclude success? Or could an early media analysis bore the public of the subject in the months before Blair steps aside?
May 22, 2006 at 12:39 PM
Anonymous
said...
Down in my stables, we've had a feeling for a while Alan Johnson could well just snatch it. He's a (by comparison to Broooding Brooon) fresh, engaging chap who still talks in a language almost passable for human. He's also popular in whatever department he works in, and seems to leave behind very little in the way of f***-ups. His USP would be as a credible, heavyweight antidote to out-and-out more-of-the-same Blairism. He's also not a career Westminster politician.
Whoever it is, we are minded to agree that the Scotsman next door will not inherit the crown, even if he is too cowardly to wield the dagger.
May 22, 2006 at 12:43 PM
Anonymous
said...
Well if Alan Johnson is so successful in whatever ministry he goes to, then I suppose we should expect a rash of stories about departmental scandals and leaks...especially if it looks like he might be sneaking up behind Camp Gordo and giving him a run for his money. Might be time for Number 11 to put a bit of stick about.
For what it's worth, my view is that Johnson represents a slightly better bet than Reid. He has a significant power base in the unions from his UCW days and is more popular than Reid in the PLP. He's also English, which will get him votes from ordinary Labour members who either don't want another Scot as PM, or who calculate that it may damage the party's electoral prospects.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
May 22, 2006 at 12:57 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anything else from other publications you'd like to share with us?
May 22, 2006 at 1:07 PM
Anonymous
said...
Did I miss the punch line, or was it just not funny?
May 22, 2006 at 1:17 PM
Anonymous
said...
Gordon has Ed Balls!
May 22, 2006 at 1:19 PM
Anonymous
said...
Gordon minces. Women always know.
Anonymousette
May 22, 2006 at 1:58 PM
Anonymous
said...
If I were Blair I'd sack Brown before I resigned. Payback, baby!
May 22, 2006 at 2:09 PM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous you have clearly misjudged us. Lady T used to refuse to read anything prepared by her civil servants if it was more than an A4 page. She said their failure to cut it down showed that they had given it insufficient thought. If Guido sees that post there`ll be trouble. Could anyone give me a summary?
May 22, 2006 at 2:40 PM
Anonymous
said...
Don't really see the point in debating this. If America wants to sort Iran out then eventually it will, and won't waste any time with the UN. Many people disagree. I am glad. No amount of debate will change these things.
May 22, 2006 at 2:43 PM
Anonymous
said...
How about Ruth Kelly for Leader? Lol
May 22, 2006 at 3:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
Thanks Felldweller. Well a larger Israel would be a bloody good thing IMO. A lot more people getting the vote and it'll make the Beeb livid. Can't wait to see Orla Guerin's face(and it aint often you can say THAT!).
Iranian's buying large rockets from the ruskies which could kill 25,000 US personnel.
There are said to be 25 teams of Iranian "buyers" in Germany scouting for equipment. Without a murmur on BBC several teams have already been areested by the Germans as they looked for rocket carrying vehicles and tried to place orders with German companies
May 22, 2006 at 3:18 PM
Anonymous
said...
Lets be fair... anonymous makes some good points - for Tom Clancy or Craig Thomas to take up, maybe even Dan Brown could have a crack? 'The Sunburst effect' sound good to anyone? I'm sure Nostradamus predicted all this didn't he?
Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
May 22, 2006 at 3:29 PM
Anonymous
said...
Is it too much to hope that the labour leadership contest will be an ‘all female affair’ I’m sure there are enough dykes in the party to provide an Oatenisk quality to the proceedings and the photo caption contests will would be far more entertaining!
May 22, 2006 at 4:26 PM
Anonymous
said...
I think Tony's a friend of Dorothy and so is Gordon. There are absolutely no masculine vibes from either one of them.
wmbyrd: "...Which brings us neatly back to Gordo."
Sheesh - had to do a double take there; no glasses and thought it read 'Guido'. Bizarre vision of him using one of those umbrella ferrule thingys on you.
May 22, 2006 at 5:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
poverty is thrift - Well, aren't you a controlling little authoritarian! If you want the discussion shut down, you should contact the blog's owner - don't have the impertinence to ascribe motives to people you don't know. (For easy reference, people who like to shut down debate also use the terms "racist", "little Englander" and "xenophobe".) I can't think of any others just now as I don't use such terms myself, but I'm sure you have a little lexicon.
It is indeed possible to be "homosexual, manly and decent". Has anyone said it's not? In fact, it's the norm. My gay friends are all such, and also brave and generous.
What they do not do, is spark off women and women sense it. That is why women always know long before other men do.
- the same anonymous as above
May 22, 2006 at 5:46 PM
Anonymous
said...
Wrong Guido,
It's not just that Brown doesn't have the balls. He also does not have the support in the country.
If there were polls consistently putting him 10 points ahead of Blair he would be able to put up. But he can't.
The signs are, thank God, that middle Britain is increasingly tiring of the one-eyed mego.
May 22, 2006 at 6:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
I think Tony's a friend of Dorothy and so is Gordon
Really ?
I think Tony is a hologram and certainly insubstantial.
As for Brown he is not a hologram but a lump of clay.
May 22, 2006 at 6:27 PM
Anonymous
said...
Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
Oh I don't know Ramsay MacDonald must hold a record in 1924 and Earl Home in 1963...........
Somehow PM Cameron sounds a bit fanciful, since Tories cannot win enough constituencies and will be forced into coalition with Labour or LibDems and I cannot see Cameron as PM unless you want a re-run of the Blair Experience
May 22, 2006 at 6:29 PM
Anonymous
said...
Rick - How interesting that you dub jug ears a hologram! When he first hove into view on TV, nine or 10 years ago, I said he was as insubstantial and unreal as the Wizard of Oz - who was - a hologram.
The same anonymous
May 22, 2006 at 7:09 PM
Anonymous
said...
Ghost of Humphrey the cat says:
ive just seen Blair on tv in Baghdad saying 'this is a new beginning' didnt he say that when he came to power in 1997, and look where thats got us!!!!!!!!!
As for Brown grumpy ol marxist I reckon people will quickly come to despise him, and his dodgy economy might come crashing down while he is PM, and the alternative 'ex'commie reid, dear me, whatever happens you might as well add another 3 million illegals to the population now and a hammer and sickle in the centre of the union jack.
May 22, 2006 at 7:12 PM
Anonymous
said...
If Reid can sort out the mess he has inherited at the Home Office, he will an even better bet.
eu-serf said: Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
Yes indeedy. Jim Callaghan to Blair's Wilson, inheritor of the whirlwind (much of which of course Gordon B. has stirred up himself by pouring all our dosh down a big hole).
May 22, 2006 at 8:23 PM
Anonymous
said...
"racist", "little Englander" and "xenophobe"
Hey, I use those words all the time, and I don't want to shut down debate. In fact, using those words is a great way to fire one up when it's dying. The only reason I haven't used any offensive words in this thread is that I have no opinion on whether or not Brown is gay, and if I did I still wouldn't particularly care.
Blair, however, is what's known as "just gay enough" to appeal to both men and women without alienating any of them. He doesn't exude a gay vibe, but neither does the macho-meter go through the roof when he's around. Metrosexual, as the already-tired expression has it.
May 22, 2006 at 9:51 PM
Anonymous
said...
Raincoaster, Hmmm, sounds a little attention-seeking, but then, no one's forcing us to blog, so it would ill-behoove me to go calling the kettle black ... I honestly don't know any women who like Blair or think he's attractive. Most seem to think he's a bit creepy.
Personally, I think he exudes a closet gay vibe. Something hidden; being kept apart.
The same Anonymousette
May 22, 2006 at 10:58 PM
Anonymous
said...
"If Reid can sort out the mess he has inherited at the Home Office, he will an even better bet."
and that mess is pushing middle England towards Cameron.
watch Reid - he's a bruiser , and his ruthlessness may well scuper the Tory attack on government "competence". it'll be a very interesting few weeks we heading into. already the immigration minister , only 2 weeks into the job, has been replaced.
May 22, 2006 at 11:02 PM
Anonymous
said...
Relax. It'll be Gordon. Name me five Cabinet Ministers and five unions and five major columnists who will back Reid or Johnson.
Both Reid and Johnson will serve under him, and will be happy to do so.
He's spent years sewing the party up - and he has a strong performance in a major department to fall back on.
Don't give money to bookmakers, they're rich enough already.
May 22, 2006 at 11:05 PM
Anonymous
said...
Slightly off tack, I groaned all too outwardly at 'Daz' Cameron's latest piece off existential nonsense. Apparently we should no longer consider GNP but GWB (Gross Well Being)and focus on getting the work/life balance right.
You realise that we might have to put up with another four years of this crap?
May 23, 2006 at 2:14 AM
Anonymous
said...
Was Daz having a word with Zak? National GWB? So while the rest of the world, including India and China, let us not forget, who are a sight more grounded in reality than Daz and Zak, are ramping up their GNPs, they leave us in their dust?
May 23, 2006 at 2:42 AM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymousette, I am indeed attention-seeking, but I don't exactly see what that has to do with the post I made. As for Blair, you do know one woman who finds him attractive. Frankly, I wish I didn't, and I'd sooner die than support his politics of opportunism and appeasement, but the man truly has something...
May 23, 2006 at 2:48 AM
Anonymous
said...
raincoaster - gosh. I'm astounded. No. That word isn't strong enough! I've never encountered a woman who didn't think Blair was a wriggling little cold-blooded self-regarding, posturing reptile. There is no masculine spark off him. Perhaps you've found the inner Tony.
If so, many of us would appreciate if you didn't share.
- anonymousette
May 23, 2006 at 3:10 AM
Anonymous
said...
But the worst part is I definitely DO think Blair is a wriggling little cold-blooded self-regarding, posturing reptile. I shall refrain, with great effort, from making a stereotypical remark about men in general. How in god's name I could find Blair sexy I have no idea...and shall seek therapy to correct the situation, I assure you.
May 23, 2006 at 5:15 AM
Anonymous
said...
So Cameron wants The Revenue to stop taxing people and ask about their feelings instead does he ?
Maybe Council Tax will be dropped in favour of asking if people are really, fully satisfied.
No doubt the trade deficit will be skewed away from machinery towards champagne and exotic vacations.
The New Conservative Mantra - Eat, Drink & Be Merry for tomorrow we die.
If Gordon were Gay, never would that term have been more inappropriate. Glad to be Morose more like.
May 23, 2006 at 9:06 AM
Anonymous
said...
Anonymous 11.02pm said: "watch Reid - he's a bruiser , .....already the immigration minister only 2 weeks into the job, has been replaced."
I think your optimism is based on wishful thinking. The fact that the department is systemically failing wont be fixed in weeks. Simply because Reid say something (even if meaning it) doesnt make it true. The whole ZaNuLabour modus operandi is to posture or if really pushed take overcomplicated ineffective counterproductive action.
As for Cameron what a waste of space if the "there's more to life than money" quote is true. Davis wouldhave been the Tories last hope now we can only hope for their destruction before they do more damage.
May 23, 2006 at 10:06 AM
Anonymous
said...
I suspect Gord will get to take over because too many in the party have been allying themselves to him to allow anything else to happen. There'll be a fear that although deep down they know he's unpopular they'll be more scared of a damaging fight so he'll be allowed in as the lesser of 2 evils.
As the economy seems to be heading for the toilet and he won;t be able to dodge the blame he will as has already been said serve briefly then go down in flames when an election is called.
May 23, 2006 at 10:08 AM
Anonymous
said...
o/t - anyone else get an e-mail from Barry Griffiths of the Hansard Society asking your view of the boy Milliband's blog? The e-mail itself as an LSE address.
May 23, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Anonymous
said...
Before they married, not each other!, there were a lot of rumours in Scotland about Brown and Douglas Alexander. Don't know if there was any truth in them though. I doubt it myself, just too horrible to contemplate.
May 23, 2006 at 11:52 AM
Anonymous
said...
I've thought for years that the alleged Blair / Brown conflict is pure PR. It's for the benefit of everyone who's dubious about Blair - constantly dangling the suggestion that he'll be out soon and the "sensible" Mr Brown will step up. This discourages anyone from mounting really strong opposition to Blair himself. It's been maintained since very early on in the first Blair administration, and it hasn't changed one whit in all that time.
May 23, 2006 at 12:25 PM
Anonymous
said...
raincoaster - Thank you for your painful honesty. It cannot have been an easy admission to make.
Personally,I find Blair both severely unattractive, and at the same time sinister because of his vacuity. Look at his empty eyes. He is a vessel for whatever dwells inside. He gives me the terminal creeps. I would not be able to shake his hand under any circumstances.
- Anonymousette
May 23, 2006 at 2:42 PM
Anonymous
said...
It'll be Gord. Hopefully, it'll be brief. I HATE his new teeth. We're British, Gordon, we don't trust perfect teeth, it's downright un-patriotic. And they don't work in his face at all. It just looks like he's nicked them from a far better looking corpse.
57 comments:
Hutton last week around 80/1 - could he be the Hacker option?
Reid is yet another Jock -- nuff said.
I don't think Brown will win; however I have no bleeding idea who will.
Cameron............"Go Blue-Green-Red"
Vote Cameron for Coalition
I'd always thought Brown minced slightly, but 'Extraodinarily Camp' is going a bit far is it not?
Jack Straw - he's looking for a knife on eBay as we speak.
I like Reid to succeed (or at least challenge) in many ways.
But would the 'missing weekend' with Karadzic not preclude success? Or could an early media analysis bore the public of the subject in the months before Blair steps aside?
Down in my stables, we've had a feeling for a while Alan Johnson could well just snatch it. He's a (by comparison to Broooding Brooon) fresh, engaging chap who still talks in a language almost passable for human. He's also popular in whatever department he works in, and seems to leave behind very little in the way of f***-ups. His USP would be as a credible, heavyweight antidote to out-and-out more-of-the-same Blairism. He's also not a career Westminster politician.
Whoever it is, we are minded to agree that the Scotsman next door will not inherit the crown, even if he is too cowardly to wield the dagger.
Well if Alan Johnson is so successful in whatever ministry he goes to, then I suppose we should expect a rash of stories about departmental scandals and leaks...especially if it looks like he might be sneaking up behind Camp Gordo and giving him a run for his money. Might be time for Number 11 to put a bit of stick about.
For what it's worth, my view is that Johnson represents a slightly better bet than Reid. He has a significant power base in the unions from his UCW days and is more popular than Reid in the PLP. He's also English, which will get him votes from ordinary Labour members who either don't want another Scot as PM, or who calculate that it may damage the party's electoral prospects.
More here.
Anything else from other publications you'd like to share with us?
Did I miss the punch line, or was it just not funny?
Gordon has Ed Balls!
Gordon minces. Women always know.
Anonymousette
If I were Blair I'd sack Brown before I resigned. Payback, baby!
Anonymous you have clearly misjudged us. Lady T used to refuse to read anything prepared by her civil servants if it was more than an A4 page. She said their failure to cut it down showed that they had given it insufficient thought. If Guido sees that post there`ll be trouble. Could anyone give me a summary?
Don't really see the point in debating this. If America wants to sort Iran out then eventually it will, and won't waste any time with the UN. Many people disagree. I am glad. No amount of debate will change these things.
How about Ruth Kelly for Leader? Lol
Thanks Felldweller. Well a larger Israel would be a bloody good thing IMO. A lot more people getting the vote and it'll make the Beeb livid. Can't wait to see Orla Guerin's face(and it aint often you can say THAT!).
It's spelt Goering (well it should be)!
Iranian's buying large rockets from the ruskies which could kill 25,000 US personnel.
There are said to be 25 teams of Iranian "buyers" in Germany scouting for equipment. Without a murmur on BBC several teams have already been areested by the Germans as they looked for rocket carrying vehicles and tried to place orders with German companies
Lets be fair... anonymous makes some good points - for Tom Clancy or Craig Thomas to take up, maybe even Dan Brown could have a crack?
'The Sunburst effect' sound good to anyone?
I'm sure Nostradamus predicted all this didn't he?
Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
Is it too much to hope that the labour leadership contest will be an ‘all female affair’ I’m sure there are enough dykes in the party to provide an Oatenisk quality to the proceedings and the photo caption contests will would be far more entertaining!
I think Tony's a friend of Dorothy and so is Gordon. There are absolutely no masculine vibes from either one of them.
Anonymousette
Margaret Beckett forgot about her……
Please disregard earlier post, I’ve re-thunk
wmbyrd: "...Which brings us neatly back to Gordo."
Sheesh - had to do a double take there; no glasses and thought it read 'Guido'. Bizarre vision of him using one of those umbrella ferrule thingys on you.
poverty is thrift - Well, aren't you a controlling little authoritarian! If you want the discussion shut down, you should contact the blog's owner - don't have the impertinence to ascribe motives to people you don't know. (For easy reference, people who like to shut down debate also use the terms "racist", "little Englander" and "xenophobe".) I can't think of any others just now as I don't use such terms myself, but I'm sure you have a little lexicon.
It is indeed possible to be "homosexual, manly and decent". Has anyone said it's not? In fact, it's the norm. My gay friends are all such, and also brave and generous.
What they do not do, is spark off women and women sense it. That is why women always know long before other men do.
- the same anonymous as above
Wrong Guido,
It's not just that Brown doesn't have the balls. He also does not have the support in the country.
If there were polls consistently putting him 10 points ahead of Blair he would be able to put up. But he can't.
The signs are, thank God, that middle Britain is increasingly tiring of the one-eyed mego.
I think Tony's a friend of Dorothy and so is Gordon
Really ?
I think Tony is a hologram and certainly insubstantial.
As for Brown he is not a hologram but a lump of clay.
Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
Oh I don't know Ramsay MacDonald must hold a record in 1924 and Earl Home in 1963...........
Somehow PM Cameron sounds a bit fanciful, since Tories cannot win enough constituencies and will be forced into coalition with Labour or LibDems and I cannot see Cameron as PM unless you want a re-run of the Blair Experience
Rick - How interesting that you dub jug ears a hologram! When he first hove into view on TV, nine or 10 years ago, I said he was as insubstantial and unreal as the Wizard of Oz - who was - a hologram.
The same anonymous
Ghost of Humphrey the cat says:
ive just seen Blair on tv in Baghdad saying 'this is a new beginning' didnt he say that when he came to power in 1997, and look where thats got us!!!!!!!!!
As for Brown grumpy ol marxist I reckon people will quickly come to despise him, and his dodgy economy might come crashing down while he is PM, and the alternative 'ex'commie reid, dear me, whatever happens you might as well add another 3 million illegals to the population now and a hammer and sickle in the centre of the union jack.
If Reid can sort out the mess he has inherited at the Home Office, he will an even better bet.
eu-serf said: Brown is set to be one of the shortest term Prime Ministers on record. A leadership win, followed by a snap election followed by PM Cameron.
Yes indeedy. Jim Callaghan to Blair's Wilson, inheritor of the whirlwind (much of which of course Gordon B. has stirred up himself by pouring all our dosh down a big hole).
"racist", "little Englander" and "xenophobe"
Hey, I use those words all the time, and I don't want to shut down debate. In fact, using those words is a great way to fire one up when it's dying. The only reason I haven't used any offensive words in this thread is that I have no opinion on whether or not Brown is gay, and if I did I still wouldn't particularly care.
Blair, however, is what's known as "just gay enough" to appeal to both men and women without alienating any of them. He doesn't exude a gay vibe, but neither does the macho-meter go through the roof when he's around. Metrosexual, as the already-tired expression has it.
Raincoaster, Hmmm, sounds a little attention-seeking, but then, no one's forcing us to blog, so it would ill-behoove me to go calling the kettle black ... I honestly don't know any women who like Blair or think he's attractive. Most seem to think he's a bit creepy.
Personally, I think he exudes a closet gay vibe. Something hidden; being kept apart.
The same Anonymousette
"If Reid can sort out the mess he has inherited at the Home Office, he will an even better bet."
and that mess is pushing middle England towards Cameron.
watch Reid - he's a bruiser , and his ruthlessness may well scuper the Tory attack on government "competence". it'll be a very interesting few weeks we heading into. already the immigration minister , only 2 weeks into the job, has been replaced.
Relax. It'll be Gordon. Name me five Cabinet Ministers and five unions and five major columnists who will back Reid or Johnson.
Both Reid and Johnson will serve under him, and will be happy to do so.
He's spent years sewing the party up - and he has a strong performance in a major department to fall back on.
Don't give money to bookmakers, they're rich enough already.
Slightly off tack, I groaned all too outwardly at 'Daz' Cameron's latest piece off existential nonsense. Apparently we should no longer consider GNP but GWB (Gross Well Being)and focus on getting the work/life balance right.
You realise that we might have to put up with another four years of this crap?
Was Daz having a word with Zak? National GWB? So while the rest of the world, including India and China, let us not forget, who are a sight more grounded in reality than Daz and Zak, are ramping up their GNPs, they leave us in their dust?
Anonymousette, I am indeed attention-seeking, but I don't exactly see what that has to do with the post I made. As for Blair, you do know one woman who finds him attractive. Frankly, I wish I didn't, and I'd sooner die than support his politics of opportunism and appeasement, but the man truly has something...
raincoaster - gosh. I'm astounded. No. That word isn't strong enough! I've never encountered a woman who didn't think Blair was a wriggling little cold-blooded self-regarding, posturing reptile. There is no masculine spark off him. Perhaps you've found the inner Tony.
If so, many of us would appreciate if you didn't share.
- anonymousette
But the worst part is I definitely DO think Blair is a wriggling little cold-blooded self-regarding, posturing reptile. I shall refrain, with great effort, from making a stereotypical remark about men in general. How in god's name I could find Blair sexy I have no idea...and shall seek therapy to correct the situation, I assure you.
So Cameron wants The Revenue to stop taxing people and ask about their feelings instead does he ?
Maybe Council Tax will be dropped in favour of asking if people are really, fully satisfied.
No doubt the trade deficit will be skewed away from machinery towards champagne and exotic vacations.
The New Conservative Mantra - Eat, Drink & Be Merry for tomorrow we die.
“Eat, Drink & Be Merry for tomorrow we die.”
Sounds good to me, where do I sign up?
If Gordon were Gay, never would that term have been more inappropriate. Glad to be Morose more like.
Anonymous 11.02pm said: "watch Reid - he's a bruiser , .....already the immigration minister only 2 weeks into the job, has been replaced."
I think your optimism is based on wishful thinking. The fact that the department is systemically failing wont be fixed in weeks. Simply because Reid say something (even if meaning it) doesnt make it true. The whole ZaNuLabour modus operandi is to posture or if really pushed take overcomplicated ineffective counterproductive action.
As for Cameron what a waste of space if the "there's more to life than money" quote is true. Davis wouldhave been the Tories last hope now we can only hope for their destruction before they do more damage.
I suspect Gord will get to take over because too many in the party have been allying themselves to him to allow anything else to happen. There'll be a fear that although deep down they know he's unpopular they'll be more scared of a damaging fight so he'll be allowed in as the lesser of 2 evils.
As the economy seems to be heading for the toilet and he won;t be able to dodge the blame he will as has already been said serve briefly then go down in flames when an election is called.
o/t - anyone else get an e-mail from Barry Griffiths of the Hansard Society asking your view of the boy Milliband's blog? The e-mail itself as an LSE address.
Before they married, not each other!, there were a lot of rumours in Scotland about Brown and Douglas Alexander. Don't know if there was any truth in them though. I doubt it myself, just too horrible to contemplate.
I've thought for years that the alleged Blair / Brown conflict is pure PR. It's for the benefit of everyone who's dubious about Blair - constantly dangling the suggestion that he'll be out soon and the "sensible" Mr Brown will step up. This discourages anyone from mounting really strong opposition to Blair himself. It's been maintained since very early on in the first Blair administration, and it hasn't changed one whit in all that time.
raincoaster - Thank you for your painful honesty. It cannot have been an easy admission to make.
Personally,I find Blair both severely unattractive, and at the same time sinister because of his vacuity. Look at his empty eyes. He is a vessel for whatever dwells inside. He gives me the terminal creeps. I would not be able to shake his hand under any circumstances.
- Anonymousette
It'll be Gord. Hopefully, it'll be brief. I HATE his new teeth. We're British, Gordon, we don't trust perfect teeth, it's downright un-patriotic. And they don't work in his face at all. It just looks like he's nicked them from a far better looking corpse.
I also believe John Reid is playing the game, as I argue here.
RAINCOASTER
you are not alone in your doubled edged opinion - it is deeply troubling isn't it ?