Fifty Tory Applicants for New Seat

42 comments:

Archbishop Cranmer said...

Not quite good enough for Howard Flight then?

Anonymous said...

Conor Burns doesnt want Eastleigh then?

Anonymous said...

Tim Collins? Is that COLONEL Tim Collins?

Anonymous said...

Poor Adam, his whole career has been plagued by misspellings of his name. It's Rickitt!!! I don't even know what's difficult about it.

Anonymous said...

Cordelia McCartney is definitely totty.

Ken said...

The nickname was "Barker" and not "Barking", but I suspect that your version will become the common coin.

"Woof-woof" was the chant as she entered the Oxford Union bar. By all accounts she never understood what the drunks were on about.

Anonymous said...

Where does one apply for a shot at Adam's seat, not to mention the rest of him? Enquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Margot Cathleen James
was loser in Holborn and St Pancras in 2005

Anyone got any photos of her?

We need a nice totty candidate

Anonymous said...

South Northamptonshire is a new constituency but it will be rock solid Tory.

Anthony Wells' guide to the new electoral boundaries suggests a notional Conservative majority of over 10,000.

Anonymous said...

Cheers Guido,but to save us all time in future can you devise a points out of ten system for
a) totty talent-and I don't mean can they play the guitar-let's not muck around,who's good looking who ain't-it's the meeja age.
b)chav recognition-self explanatory
c)compassion
d)youth
e)experience ouside meeja/Law/CCO etc.10 for someone who's sharpened pencils in a public sector union(obviously have their finger on the pulse).-1 and below (for losers) is anyone who's ever had a performance related bonus.

There are some great names on there but methinks they'd fail the b-test.

Anonymous said...

Message to the following:

Simon Walker
Mel Stride
Amber Rudd
Alexandra Robson
Jason Steen
Adam Rickett
Kulveer Singh Ranger
Heather Kay Wheeler
Margaret Alison Punyer
Mark Pawsey
Priti Patel
Emma Moffett
Ali Miraj
Cordelia McCartney
Amanda McLean
Paul Christopher Maynard
Melanie Lylla McLean
Julia Manning
Kit Malthouse
Katharine Annabel Lindsay
Brandon Kenneth Lewis
Dr Phillip Lee
Andrea Leadsom
Pauline Elizabeth Latham
Margot Cathleen James
Katherine May Hemmings
Chris Heaton-Harris
Rebecca Elizabeth Harris
Hannah Hall
Samuel Phillip Gyimah
Laetitia Gunn
Vicky Grace Ford
Ashley Gray
Andrew Griffth
Caroline Flynn-MacLeod
Jane Ellison
Peter Jonathan Cox
Timothy Richard Coleridge
Matthew Collings
Damian Collins
Pamela Chesters
Conor Burns
Jonathan Bullock
Dr David Richard Bull
Sibby Buckle
Fiona Claire Bruce
Karen Anne Bradley
Harriet Baldwin
Louise Daphne Bagshawe
Tariq Mahmood Ahmad

You're wasting your time. It's in the bag, Tim!

Anonymous said...

"He was acting."

Adam Rickitt and acting aren't 2 words that are usually put in the same sentence!

Ross said...

I'm surprised there hasn't been a chicken run attampt from the MPs for Northampton South, Kettering and Wellingborough because this new Tory safe seats makes those three very marginal tory seats in the county vulnerable to Labour, if Cameron doesn't significantly improve on Michael Howard's performance.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the man and his dog. Tsk.

Julian said...

I hope to God that's not the BBC's Fiona Bruce.

Anonymous said...

Mel Stride – Former Marxist.

Adam Rickett – Is this guy for real? Yeah, the selection committees in the Shires are going to LOVE the fact he’s a failed popstar/gay icon/actor etc.

Margaret Alison Punyer – Has a disgustingly deformed hand with a macabre groove in that she hangs her handbag on.

Kit Malthouse – Known as ‘Shithouse’ to friends. Ex-wife has shacked up with Adam Afriyie.

Ashley Gray – Absolutely astonished he’s made it onto the A List as he’s pretty much the antithesis to DC from his bad striped shirts to 1960s haircut.

Caroline Flynn-MacLeod – Looks like a cat.

Jane Ellison – Has probably the most annoying accent I have ever heard. Moans incessantly.

Damian Collins – Will be able to charm the (male) selectors with his tasty wife, Sarah Richardson.
Pamela Chesters – Hit with the ugly stick.

Jonathan Bullock – Complete thicko. Has some of the most obnoxious views I have ever heard.

Anonymous said...

someone asked for a photo of Margot James:
http://www.camdennewjournal.co.uk/images/margot-james.jpg

the taxcutter. Other possibilities could be Damian Collins (who stood in Northampton North last year) and Kay Hemmings (a Daventry Councillor...but she could be more interested in Deventry who is selecting soon too.)

Anonymous said...

Sarah Richardson tasty?

Anonymous said...

what about Melinda Messinger. I think we should start the e-campaign for Page 3 Tory Candidates. Guido - the 'head'-hunting (forgive the accidental pun) must start on this website.

Ken said...

Thanks for updating your post, Guido. Now how's about a bit of thanks to the bloke who pointed things out to you? A link would be nice...

Re Mel Stride: Sorry, he's not a former Marxist. I said that he was, but I always get him confused with another fellow.

Mel was middle of the road Tory at Oxford.

Unknown said...

Midhamptonshire? Shome mishtake shurely!

Guido Fawkes said...

Melinda Messenger should be on the A-list for sure.

Croydonian said...

Am I alone in having found Tim Collins deeply irritating when he was last on the front bench?

Anonymous said...

David and Thomas Fuller
I suspect the Tim Collins is the rather dull chap than lost his safe seat in Cumbria than all action hero Colonel Tim

Anonymous said...

Louise Bagshawe is the best thing since sliced bread and her interview against Paxman and that leftie was outstanding.

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for Tom Collins.

Anonymous said...

Tim Collins(Cumbrian MP since lost seat) was Deputy Chairman of Party and one of the few Conservatives who did not come across all humble and ashamed post 1997. Most of his fellow MP's when interviewed came across as gutless and gormless with audible evidence of self loathing. Take a bow Teresa May.

Archbishop Cranmer said...

Just back from Church, and I have a profound question...

what was the best thing before sliced bread?

Barry Beef said...

Re: Your title - a quick count shows it's 51 and not 50 people. I think.

Paul Linford said...

Swoon - Sarah Richardson may or may not be tasty - I'm a married man so I'm not going to comment - but either way she's an extremely nice person and IMHO ought to be on this list in her own right.

Tim Collins - I do hope it's not in the bag as Thomas Fuller suggests. He did a fair amount of damage to the Tory Party under Hague/IDS/Howard due to his tendency to open mouth before engaging brain.

My money would be on Priti Patel out of that lot, although Pauline Latham would also be an excellent MP.

Anonymous said...

"...what was the best thing before sliced bread?"

Un-sliced bread, of course

Anonymous said...

I don't know any of these names but I'm sure they are all nice people. Funny thing is that if it was the Labour list, there would not be a man on it.
A war is looming within the Labour ranks.The leadership can't see it, but there you go.

Gary

Anonymous said...

Colonel Tim Collins is not yet on the list, though apparently wouldn't be averse to the idea of being a Tory MP. It's either that or the Ulster Unionists.

And to the person asking about Conor Burns, why would he fight Eastleigh a 3rd time and now against an incumbent with a public profile in an increasingly LibDem constituency (following the local elections)? That would be madness.

Anonymous said...

I think the dark horse candidate here is Mark Pawsey. He is a midlands man, Cllr in Rugby achieved a wonderful result in Nuneaton last May and is a succesful businessman. Add to this the fact he is a thoroughly decent man and South Northamptonshire has a man who fits the bill perfectly. Good luck Mark!

Anonymous said...

I am on the South Northamptonshire selection panel and already wondering if we should re-advertise and start again !!

Anonymous said...

Cranmer,

"what was the best thing before sliced bread?"

The bread knife, surely...

Anonymous said...

I agree with prawn crackers - The quality of candidates on the A-list is dreadful:- Teresa May qualities run through the entire list - gutless, obssessed with image (In her case her shoes), no policy ideas, not very good on the media and completly lacking in every political department.

I like Dave Cameron & some of the policies he has promoted. I have voted tory but given the quality of candidates i could do better but feel public life is not for me.
I wonder whether to vote tory again - the political system needs changing whether i can support camerons changes - who knows but the personell the clones of a blairite mold he should forget that. The problem with maudes A-list is that any decent woman or ethinic candidate is going to be derided as "token" - WHat a prick maude is - i have never forgetten bumping into maude at CCO - I was waring genes and a smart casual shirt- Should have seen the nasty look he gave me, what a tosser!!!!!! Why does he not ware ties if he feels like that.

CCO IT

Anonymous said...

As a local party member, we did have a cracking local lady we tried without success to get to put her name forward for the seat - read ppe at Oxford, had inhaled, in fact spent six months in an Ashram & goes like a dingbat out hunting.
Whoever suggested its a done deal for Collins will be disapointed - we're getting rid of an uber bed blocker , thank you.

Anonymous said...

Tim Collin - Damien 666 - hope he does not get anointed on 06/06/06

Anonymous said...

I like the bit above where 'anonymous' feels that "public life is not for me".

Excellent stuff. Got me going.

Also like the bit about Cameron's policies being good.
Excuse me for noticing, but he hasn't got any.He is a liability and a bit of a dummy.When push comes to shove he will have to attack education and the NHS.
BIG MISTAKE!! Dave.

Gary

Anonymous said...

just a thought for you metrosexual hopefulls, the Grafton Puppy Show is on Fri afternoon at Paulerspury and probably 80% of the local membership from two branches will be there. You could pop down to check if the natives are friendly - it'll give us a chance to watch you trot up too.

Anonymous said...

I really hope that Mark Pawsey gets this seat rather than my home town Rugby! Appalling man! A "decent man" if you consider fascist pigs to be "decent".