I only her colleague Gordon could circle the No option if he was filling in the form on behalf of HM Government!
March 7, 2006 at 10:02 AM
Anonymous
said...
She didn't even have to read it - the nanny state now requires the bank to read it out to you so as to be sure you understood. Either she is lying to the HoC or to her bank - or both. If she was a Tory, she would be long gone.
March 7, 2006 at 10:13 AM
Anonymous
said...
Additional mortgage questions (to be completed by cabinet ministers only)
I have not discussed the matter with my husband as I should not worry my pretty little head about it? YES/NO
I have told a.) The truth b.) The whole truth c.) Nothing but the truth. Tick all (or any) that apply.
In the event of being cleared by a cursory and obiously biased inquiry I would like the following reward a.) consideration of possible sainthood b.) to keep all the money we stashed in Switzerland c.) thirty pages of supportive press coverage.
Should any of the answers I have given prove to be incorrect, factually inaccurate or indeed entirely spurious then I agree that a.) I may keep my job. b.) Newspapers may not write anything bad about me. c.) Nobody may ask me any difficult questions. d.) I will get away with it entirely. e.) You'll have to ask my husband about that.
I have discussed this mortgage application with a.) My financial advisor and/or partner. b.) Voices in my head. c.) Peter Mandleson. d.) God. NB. If you answered c.) then please provide full details on a separate sheet.
Once you have completed this form please pass it to your husband to sign and post as you might otherwise forget where you'd left it.
A Cynic.
March 7, 2006 at 10:59 AM
Anonymous
said...
I thought you had to pay Stamp Duty when you re-mortgaged .....how do they get round that ?
"She is married with a daughter, a son and three stepchildren." [I'm surprised that Gordon Brown hasn't risen to the challenge and said that as a single mother, she'll be significantly better off under a Labour government than under a Tory one - which is an obvious statement really when the single mother you're talking about is a New Labour MP trying to hold on to your Cabinet office ...]
This is followed by, "You can e-mail Tessa Jowell at tessa.jowell@culture.gsi.gov.uk".
So if you're a single guy looking for love and fun, why not drop Tessa a line? To qualify you must be financially independant, with the ability to keep your trap shut about any mysterious gifts you might recieve ...
5 comments:
I only her colleague Gordon could circle the No option if he was filling in the form on behalf of HM Government!
She didn't even have to read it - the nanny state now requires the bank to read it out to you so as to be sure you understood. Either she is lying to the HoC or to her bank - or both. If she was a Tory, she would be long gone.
Additional mortgage questions (to be completed by cabinet ministers only)
I have not discussed the matter with my husband as I should not worry my pretty little head about it? YES/NO
I have told a.) The truth b.) The whole truth c.) Nothing but the truth. Tick all (or any) that apply.
In the event of being cleared by a cursory and obiously biased inquiry I would like the following reward a.) consideration of possible sainthood b.) to keep all the money we stashed in Switzerland c.) thirty pages of supportive press coverage.
Should any of the answers I have given prove to be incorrect, factually inaccurate or indeed entirely spurious then I agree that a.) I may keep my job. b.) Newspapers may not write anything bad about me. c.) Nobody may ask me any difficult questions. d.) I will get away with it entirely. e.) You'll have to ask my husband about that.
I have discussed this mortgage application with a.) My financial advisor and/or partner. b.) Voices in my head. c.) Peter Mandleson. d.) God. NB. If you answered c.) then please provide full details on a separate sheet.
Once you have completed this form please pass it to your husband to sign and post as you might otherwise forget where you'd left it.
A Cynic.
I thought you had to pay Stamp Duty when you re-mortgaged .....how do they get round that ?
I guess it would be very wrong of us to be suspicious if any big Italian firms get any of the Olympics contracts?
The Department of Culture need to get their act together and update her profile ...
http://www.culture.gov.uk/about_dcms/ministers/Tessa_Jowell.htm
"She is married with a daughter, a son and three stepchildren." [I'm surprised that Gordon Brown hasn't risen to the challenge and said that as a single mother, she'll be significantly better off under a Labour government than under a Tory one - which is an obvious statement really when the single mother you're talking about is a New Labour MP trying to hold on to your Cabinet office ...]
This is followed by, "You can e-mail Tessa Jowell at tessa.jowell@culture.gsi.gov.uk".
So if you're a single guy looking for love and fun, why not drop Tessa a line? To qualify you must be financially independant, with the ability to keep your trap shut about any mysterious gifts you might recieve ...