Wow - make £2.8m and become a Lord - now that is a service.
As far as I am concerned you should be enobled for your services to Margaret Becket's honesty and integrity fund. I might send her a fiver via you for which I'll pay you £1.25.
Whoever this Abacha chap is, I like his style...
March 30, 2006 at 2:00 PM
Anonymous
said...
Er.. isn't the head of state and commander in chief of all forces the Queen?
March 30, 2006 at 2:54 PM
Anonymous
said...
You didn't check the IP address by any chance?
Mayhap certain political types, having been caught selling honours for dosh, are now using Nigerian fund raising methods to dig their party out of debt.
mark adams said... "Er.. isn't the head of state and commander in chief of all forces the Queen?"
Apparently not Mark, not since The Armed Forces Act 1996 was passed. The Act purports to allow the Crown to set aside the requirement for annual army acts. It states that the Crown may authorise the armed forces by "Order in Council". This provision would permit the Government to use the Armed Forces even if Parliament was suspended, and it is also contrary to the intent of the Bill of Rights.
But hey, who scrutinises Bills before Parliament anymore.
Nice one Guido
March 30, 2006 at 3:52 PM
Anonymous
said...
John Scarlett amuses himself over at SIS sending out 419 Scams..........bit of an update on The Zinoviev Note
7 comments:
Dammit - that's really good, wish I'd come up with it ...
Great minds think alike, eh?
Wow - make £2.8m and become a Lord - now that is a service.
As far as I am concerned you should be enobled for your services to Margaret Becket's honesty and integrity fund. I might send her a fiver via you for which I'll pay you £1.25.
Whoever this Abacha chap is, I like his style...
Er.. isn't the head of state and commander in chief of all forces the Queen?
You didn't check the IP address by any chance?
Mayhap certain political types, having been caught selling honours for dosh, are now using Nigerian fund raising methods to dig their party out of debt.
RM
mark adams said...
"Er.. isn't the head of state and commander in chief of all forces the Queen?"
Apparently not Mark, not since The Armed Forces Act 1996 was passed. The Act purports to allow the Crown to set aside the requirement for annual army acts. It states that the Crown may authorise the armed forces by "Order in Council". This provision would permit the Government to use the Armed Forces even if Parliament was suspended, and it is also contrary to the intent of the Bill of Rights.
But hey, who scrutinises Bills before Parliament anymore.
Nice one Guido
John Scarlett amuses himself over at SIS sending out 419 Scams..........bit of an update on The Zinoviev Note