Lord Levy can take comfort that in British Justice, having a Lordship is a kind of "get out of jail free" card. Not even Lord Lucan was found guilty in a court (okay he never made it to court), and Lord Archer was the first Lord to be sent down to jail.
Expect Hutton Mk 2 ...
March 30, 2006 at 1:13 PM
Anonymous
said...
I thought Lord Watson of Invergowrie is doing some quality time in Barlinnie for his pyromania?
March 30, 2006 at 3:47 PM
Anonymous
said...
A firestarter in Barlinnie? Wasn't that the place the cons climbed on the roof and set fire to it a couple of years ago? What were the Prison Service.... Sorry, I'll read that again. What were the National Offender Managment Service thinking?
RM
March 30, 2006 at 4:17 PM
Anonymous
said...
I thought Lord Watson of Invergowrie
Well he tried really hard to draw attention to himself as a repeat offender.......I don't think Lord Levy acted it out for the CCTV cameras though
6 comments:
I doubt it...............the US is much harsher on white collar crime than the British.
Be interesting to see how the Italians are with husbands of Cabinet Ministers
Government officials in favour of bribery and corruption.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theworld/2006/March/theworld_March945.xml§ion=theworld&col=
I agree with rick
We have two different approaches to crime.
Lord Levy can take comfort that in British Justice, having a Lordship is a kind of "get out of jail free" card. Not even Lord Lucan was found guilty in a court (okay he never made it to court), and Lord Archer was the first Lord to be sent down to jail.
Expect Hutton Mk 2 ...
I thought Lord Watson of Invergowrie is doing some quality time in Barlinnie for his pyromania?
A firestarter in Barlinnie? Wasn't that the place the cons climbed on the roof and set fire to it a couple of years ago? What were the Prison Service.... Sorry, I'll read that again. What were the National Offender Managment Service thinking?
RM
I thought Lord Watson of Invergowrie
Well he tried really hard to draw attention to himself as a repeat offender.......I don't think Lord Levy acted it out for the CCTV cameras though