LibDem Hustings - Live Blogging

7 comments:

Edward said...

Thanks Guido - I think?!

wonkotsane said...

Simon Hughes didn't mention devolution did he? He was all for English devolution until Kennedy resigned and he now realises that he can't win the leadership race supporting it.

Andy said...

Just got back home from it - will blog my reactions to it later when I get a moment.

But on the basis of today I'd say Oaten's dead in the water but doesn't know it yet, Huhne's going to have a respectable showing but not trouble the winners, and Ming's still the narrowest of favourites behind a very confident-looking Hughes.

Me? I'm balancing up voting Ming and writing "Charles Kennedy" in large letters across my ballot paper.

Andy said...

> behind a very confident-looking Hughes.

Or rather, "ahead of"

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to see a leadership contest which is seeing the candidates being civilised to one another (wish they had been to Kennedy though) and is being organised relatively quickly.

My choice is probably Simon Hughes but I haven't seen the full hustings speaches yet only edited soundbites on BBC News 24.

This is a great site (my first visit), keep up the good work Guido.

Anonymous said...

Chris Huhne is an embarrassing twat. I'm shocked to find someone more arrogant than Clegg in the 2005 intake!

Peter Pigeon said...

Here's my piece on the same subject.