Surreal

7 comments:

stalin's gran said...

Looks like just another normal evening round at Andrew's place to me.....

Bill said...

Some of Mark Mardell's sketches are funny, in a way that makes you groan, but this latest effot with Neil and Portillo is completely bizarre. How they persuaded Portillo to do it (he looks decidedly uncomfortable) is a mystery.

stalin's gran said...

Frankly if I were Mark I would have resigned ages ago, having to behave like a grinning buffoon (which he is not) for that terrible programme. I remember him being forced to wear a station master's hat and wave a flag in some ridiculous BBC idea of popularising politics. And don't mention the "Politics" Show. I am surprised Jeremy Vine does not have popular musical groups on it...Thank you very much Minister.... and now, Babyshambles!

Garry said...

Even stranger than the opening credits was the sight of Diane Abbott trying to be nice about Blair. That really was bizarre.

stalin's gran said...

I think, Bill, it is called "money"....

snooo said...

This Week doesn't dumb down? I refer the honourable gentlemen to the coverage of the Ukrainian elections. Something so far away and complex deserved an expert, knowledable opinion. So in a feature on the "Orange Revolution", we got....

Nasty Nick. Who knows a lot about cheating.

*sigh*

Andrew Ian Dodge said...

That opening is just twee in extremis. It would have been all right for one show but to do it often just gets rather annoying. The actual show is rather good fun and interesting. They just have to ditch that horrid intro.